We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)

Go down 
+10
mandlecreed
JayMoyles
fronkhead
beemoh
masofdas
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Axis1500
ZeroJones
Balladeer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 10:29

The_Jaster wrote:
Glad to hear you are enjoying it Stu, do you think the pogo issue might be down to the d-pad? I think the wii U's is far better than a 3ds's so moves are easier to pull off.

I think I'm used to it now, but it might have something to do with the size of the D-pad, I guess. As andyman stated, though, I think it's mainly because I've grown up playing two similar games that map pogo to a face button and not a direction.

I beat Plague Knight in the wee hours of this morning. If I hadn't had two vials of potion, I would've been a goner. He's a damn sight faster than Black Knight and Specter Knight.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 19:54

Due to the SK chatter of Stu & Zero on twitter earlier I continued my new game plus run of this and after despatching the spectre knight stage without much trouble the real test began with Plague Knight, almost an hour past before I was successful the biggest issue was the lack of check points (you get a whole two, I remember more in my first run through) & one particular section where that potion dropping bird destroys the platforms which have a bunch of slimes on them was a right pain as well, so aye new game plus will probably be rock hard from here on.

Stu wrote:
I think I'm used to it now, but it might have something to do with the size of the D-pad, I guess. As andyman stated, though, I think it's mainly because I've grown up playing two similar games that map pogo to a face button and not a direction.

Ahh I see, at least you don't have to hold down the d-pad once you connect with an enemy as you are free to direct yourself the way you want to go.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 21:57

The_Jaster wrote:
Due to the SK chatter of Stu & Zero on twitter earlier I continued my new game plus run of this and after despatching the spectre knight stage without much trouble the real test began with Plague Knight, almost an hour past before I was successful the biggest issue was the lack of check points (you get a whole two, I remember more in my first run through) & one particular section where that potion dropping bird destroys the platforms which have a bunch of slimes on them was a right pain as well, so aye new game plus will probably be rock hard from here on.

There are at least four, possibly five checkpoints on the basic Plague Knight stage. Unfortunately, I found out by accident that you can nullify checkpoints in exchange for some bonus gems. That's some real risk/reward gameplay right there.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 9:38

I googled Shovel Knight meme to find something to retort with in the 2014 award thread but I then saw this & had to share it.

Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 5

Stu_the_great wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

There are at least four, possibly five checkpoints on the basic Plague Knight stage. Unfortunately, I found out by accident that you can nullify checkpoints in exchange for some bonus gems. That's some real risk/reward gameplay right there.

I seen a wee play through of this recently and it was 6 check points on the basic stage, only having 2 & next to no healing items in NG+ makes this a totally different game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2015 - 10:12

DLC coming, I really should go back and play this.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2015 - 11:57

SWEEEET! Though I don't like the sound of old levels being in there if I'm honest but when it's going to be free you can't really complain.

mas wrote:
I really should go back and play this.

You definitely should especially when it isn't particularly long & is one of the best games of last year.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2015 - 13:10

If Plague Knight has a different movesets, I reckon those older levels will be redesigned slightly to compensate. Shovel Knight has really solid level design, so I don't think they'll leave the levels as is. Besides, it's free! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2015 - 13:57

Aye I'm sure I'll love it regardless of some of the reused levels. Smile
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2015 - 16:57

YES YES YES YES YES

If it helps open the levels out a bit, that will be the icing on the cherry on top of the cake. And free DLC in the modern era is just crazy kind. Zero happy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2015 - 17:17

Ooh. Just to clarify: are they adding separate levels with reused assets, or tinkering with actual established stages? Shocked
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2015 - 22:22

It looks like both, judging from the press kit. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:03

Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 630x

Kinda want!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 12:19

Not a plushie guy myself but that'd be nice to have. Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 21:47

Bumpity!

This has a retail copy coming out on October 16th

Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 WiiUPackshot_ESRB-360x452

Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 3DSPackshot_ESRB-360x360

Here's all the details of what will be new: http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/06/shovel-knight-physical-version-coming-to-a-store-near-you/
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 21:51

A nice one to have in the Wii U collection, also I hope it does come to the VGS as be cool game to have on a cartridge.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 21:57

The the 3ds version is a cartridge though. Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 21:58

You knew what I meant, also I wonder what the MEGATON Nintendo Exclusive is that's coming.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 0:18

Is the challenge mode exclusive to the retail edition? Tempted to pick up the other version -- $20 sounds like a great price. Even if it ends up at £20 here that's fair I think.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 6:32

I wasn't sure myself until I looked it up and to answer your question that's a no it's part of the free Plague of shadows update, which is a shame in a way as it would've been nice for the retail copy to have something exclusive rather than buying it as a collectors item.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2015 - 19:24

Double post! Razz

A new lovely trailer for your eyeballs

http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/08/plague-of-shadows-trailer-big-week/
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2015 - 19:36

That trailer's made me all nostalgic for the game. I feel like I'm scraping the barrel of my backlog at the minute and this is right up my street. Seems even more Mega Man-y than before, too! Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyFri 28 Aug 2015 - 6:34

....and here's a lovely new amiibo to touch with our fingers.

http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/08/shovel-knight-amiibo/

As I said in the amiibo thread the use of the amiibo sounds excellent, I'm tempted to even say it sounds like the best one so far. (sorry Splatoon)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyWed 9 Sep 2015 - 23:56

http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/09/plague-of-shadows-release-date/

Eeee! Far sooner than expected. Dance
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015 - 1:21

Nice! Excited to dive back into Shovel Knight's world. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015 - 15:15

Those little dev diary things were fun to read, probably shouldn't have done it the last thing at night though as my dreams were filled crazy shovel knight shenanigans. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next