We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)

Go down 
+10
mandlecreed
JayMoyles
fronkhead
beemoh
masofdas
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Axis1500
ZeroJones
Balladeer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptyWed 25 Jan 2017 - 15:19

That is Ninja Gaiden on steroids - all over that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptyWed 25 Jan 2017 - 16:00

If I wasn't addicted to Monster Hunter, and with Phoenix Wright and Zelda: Spirit Tracks looming over me, I'd be tempted to fire up Plague Knight right now!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 20:17

Pretty cool interview with the Yacht club guys covering Spectre of Torment & Nintendo Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDX-53g-Km8
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 16:23

Moved, because Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove is out on the Switch on day one! Fabulous news. Dance Cool
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 16:30

Am I right in thinking the whole bundle is £24.99 but if I wanted to I could just buy the new Story DLC for £9.99 and just play that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 16:33

I reckon I'll pick this bad boy up for the Switch and that'll be where I play Plague etc.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 16:36

@mas: It looks like that, yes. Thumbs Up! I'm committed to waiting for the Wii U version to be updated. If YCG stop supporting that version, I'd kvetch a bit, but would buy the solo campaign very readily. Grin

@Drunka: I know I say this every time, but you have a real treat in store. Love
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 16:42

Full version for me then and means even more eShop credit needs to be pick up on launch as I want this which is £25, I Am which is £33 and Fast which I think is £20 and that SD card looks even more essential.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 17:10

So happy that this is a launch game, I would have easily paid for Plague of shadows so I'll gladly drop a tenner on Spectre of Torment. Bounce
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 19:06

I never actually got through Plague Knight's campaign, so I think I'm up for dropping some dollar on the full bundle on Switch. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptyThu 23 Feb 2017 - 22:17

I'm almost certainly giving this another go now. At the same time, I have no high expectations. I hope to be able to see what y'all see in it, but unlike y'all, I'll have to struggle past the aesthetics first.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 9:05

Old Shovels and I didn't have a particularly happy reunion last night.  Playing on the way home on the tube after a couple of drinks, I destroyed everything in my path (despite forgetting how to shovel-pogo for a while Embarrassed ) until passing the last checkpoint of the first level, then lost myself down bottomless pits repeatedly.  Which wouldn't be bad if it weren't for the treasure-drop mechanic, which I am not enamoured with.

I'm going to give this another go.  Hopefully that won't be indicative of my sober experience.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 9:19

I'm the opposite of you Balla as I'm now liking it and took down The Black Knight, Specter Knight, King Knight yesterday.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 10:54

There aren't many games that I would recommend playing drunk (indeed, the last time I gamed whilst drunk was Kung Fu Rabbit over three years ago) - Shovesy demands too much concentration to get through whilst ineebsed (my word, but you can use it if you'd like).

I'm keen to hear from anyone who's played Spectre Of Torment! Has anyone taken the plunge?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 10:58

I'll get to that story at somepoint but might be awhile.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 16:16

ZeroJones wrote:
There aren't many games that I would recommend playing drunk (indeed, the last time I gamed whilst drunk was Kung Fu Rabbit over three years ago) - Shovesy demands too much concentration to get through whilst ineebsed (my word, but you can use it if you'd like).

I'm keen to hear from anyone who's played Spectre Of Torment! Has anyone taken the plunge?

I have it because of course I do. Smile

I've played through a couple of stages & I'm happy to say that the levels save for a few screens here & there have different layouts from SK/PoS, as for old Spectre himself his movement is much easier to grasp but still has that bit of depth to be masterful with it. (Still struggling at times with the wall run mechanic)

The 2 bosses I've faced were also brand new despite being returning characters, so it's a Thumbs Up! far.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 16:25

Eeeeee! Dance Thanks, Jas. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 19:07

That's all great news. Now watch me pick it up next week, decide to replay Shovesy's campaign, then not get round to the other two.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptySun 5 Mar 2017 - 4:53

I got the chance to try out the co-op mode in this tonight. I must admit that whilst I had a lot of fun rocketing through the first few stages, the game is clearly not designed to work in co-op as the levels suddenly felt small and we both ended up getting in each other's way in combat and during platforming sections.

I'm still enjoying my runthrough of the main campaign though - much like Drunka, I'm hoping I'll have the drive to play the two campaigns I've not played yet after finishing the one I've already beaten. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 20:16

So the Specter Of Torment update has landed on the Wii U! I know this because I've played the first level of Gender Swapped Shovel Knight too! Dance Can't wait to tuck into the Specter's side of things too. Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 20:28

Ahh I've been meaning to come back in here & talk SoT, the devs put up a cheat code a week or so ago that activates "xtreme" mode & I had a play about with it for a couple of levels and I prefer it over the default mechanics as it removes auto wall running & ledge grabbing.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 21:10

I polished off the base game last week, actually. It's still as good as I remember, natch. I'll give it a while before going back to have a proper go with Plague Knight's campaign.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 22:14

Took a spin with The Specter earlier. He's very fluid - after a couple of minutes I'd worked out his rules and was away. Another spectacular character to control... can Yacht Club Games do no wrong?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptyFri 12 May 2017 - 9:47

Just remember you can cancel wall runs by slashing which is handy when the game wants you to fall down between them in certain sections.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:38

I'm back on board with Plague Knight now! Am I right in saying that these levels are carbon copies of the original game, though? It's making some sections stupidly easy and others painfully difficult. He feels just a bit too awkward to play, and I'm a bit puzzled as to where most of his bomb abilities would come in useful. I've barely switched off the basic bomb type.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)   Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shovel Knight (Can You Dig It?)
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next