We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DS Games with additional content.

Go down 
+6
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Silver light
masofdas
Balladeer
Axis1500
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

DS Games with additional content. Empty
PostSubject: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 21:32

If you're like me, you're currently raiding your dusty box of DS games to try and find the games that require connecting online to access additional content before Nintendo pulls the plug on May 20 and you can never access them again. I thought it would be handy if we made a list. I will update the OP with new info.

Professor Layton games [All 4 games have additional puzzles to download]
Dragon Quest 9 [Seems Squenix already took the servers down, so you need an Action Replay to get access to the lost content]
Solatorobo [Additional quests to download.]
Warioware DIY [Has a lot of content to download, including some games by famous devs. Too big for one cart.]
Picross [Has two packs of puzzles from Mario's Picross available to DL]
Picross 3D [There's 51 puzzle packs to download and 27 contest packs. Far too big for one cart.]
Jam With The Band [370 songs! Would require buying the game 6 times to DL everything]
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

Anything else? I'm almost tempted to buy another copy of the Layton games, unlock the content, sell on ebay after May 20. They could be the new iPhones with Flappy Bird.

Last edited by Axis1500 on Wed 5 Mar 2014 - 1:38; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 21:34

Axis1500 wrote:
Solatorobo

DAMN YOU! 

I actually have all of those games, and don't think that I've downloaded the content for any of them. Might be worth getting the extra Picross 3D puzzles, at least.

Solatorobo can die in a fire. Probably the same one that Andy's chucked Infinite Space into.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 21:37

[quote="Axis1500"

Anything else? I'm almost tempted to buy another copy of the Layton games, unlock the content, sell on ebay after May 20. They could be the new iPhones with Flappy Bird.[/quote]

I've seen it happen to VMU's and OG Xbox with content you can no longer get.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 21:51

Not quite as major as the listed, but Fire Embem: Shadow Dragon has an online shop, to which some items are exclusive - namely the Elysian Whip, which is the only way to promote units into Falcoknights. Guess you'd still be able to use an AR or whatever to get those, though.

Besides that, doesn't the Pokemon Ranger games have some download from wifi quests? Pokemon Conquest too, but i think the ones for that have already long expired.

Side note, Solatorobo's pretty good. Just say'n.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 22:00

Solatorobo was 4th in the DS vote adventure category.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 23:36

I've hardly downloaded anything for any game, ever. Maybe a couple of pokemon and some pikmin levels?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 23:43

Buskalilly wrote:
I've hardly downloaded anything for any game, ever. Maybe a couple of pokemon and some pikmin levels?

Me neither. I could never get my DS to connect. Now, however, I can by tethering my old HTC Desire phone.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. EmptyMon 3 Mar 2014 - 7:30

Buskalilly wrote:

Thirded! Like Axis, my DS never managed to make it on-line. Sad
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. EmptyTue 4 Mar 2014 - 2:14

This has made me realise how I've wasted owning Wario Ware D.I.Y. although I'm pretty sure I have the same problem with connecting online for DS games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. EmptyTue 4 Mar 2014 - 15:02

Didn't even realise WarioWare DIY had DLC, should probably grab that (if I can be bothered to mess with the router to do it, natch). Should also probably actually make some microgames...
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. EmptyWed 5 Mar 2014 - 1:37

Zaphod_B wrote:
Didn't even realise WarioWare DIY had DLC, should probably grab that (if I can be bothered to mess with the router to do it, natch). Should also probably actually make some microgames...

I think a lot of us are coming to that realisation. I just downloaded as much as I could. Its too big for one cart.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. EmptyThu 6 Mar 2014 - 13:07

So I locate my Picross & Picross 3D carts, whack them into my 3DSXL & attempt to download any extra puzzles, but I can't because I have to enter my WEP key. And I'm now on one of those Virgin Media super hub thingies which isn't WEP. How do I get around this?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. EmptySat 8 Mar 2014 - 10:52

I've never successfully managed to connect a DS to any router in my house, and I'm still bloody bitter about it. DAMN YOU! 
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. EmptySat 8 Mar 2014 - 22:56

You guys should try tethering it to your smartphone / setting up a wi-fi hotspot.

Here's how I did it with my HTC Desire (Android). Obviously this will vary depending on your phone's make/model.

On my smartphone:

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot settings.
Type in whatever you want as your SSID: accessmyDS
For security, select "none". Of course this does leave you temporarily at risk of someone leeching your wi-fi, so be careful.
Turn the hotspot on!

Now on your 3DS:

Click on the spanner to access system settings.
Internet settings > Nintendo DS Connections > Click on the big blue box marked "Nintendo Wi Fi Connection Settings."
You'll then be taken to a setup screen with 3 boxes, "connection 1, 2, 3" all marked "none". Select one of them.
Click "Search for an Access Point". You should see the phone's SSID accessmyDS on your list with an unlocked padlock. Select it.
It will test connection.
"Connection successful!"

Hope this helps. Don't forget to turn the phone's hotspot off when finished!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. EmptyMon 10 Mar 2014 - 21:25

That sounds incredibly data-heavy to me (I have a pay and go rolling contract), but I might give it a go. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. EmptyTue 11 Mar 2014 - 15:16

Stu_the_great wrote:
That sounds incredibly data-heavy to me (I have a pay and go rolling contract), but I might give it a go. Thanks!

Most games with online content don't actually require much downloading at all. The Layton games for example, all the puzzles are already on the cart, but you have to go online once just to "unlock"  them.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. EmptyFri 16 May 2014 - 21:53

Apparently, the Dragon Quest 9 DLC has been restored. So, if you own the game and haven't downloaded it, do so now.

No way to check myself as I don't own the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DS Games with additional content.   DS Games with additional content. Empty

Back to top Go down

DS Games with additional content.
Page 1 of 1