We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!

Go down 
+9
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Balladeer
Jimbob
Axis1500
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 14:31

Balladeer wrote:
(La Mascara vs. Mega Hombre)

I get Mega Hombre, but is La Mascara meant to be anything?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 14:44

It is, perhaps, easier if you look at the poster:

You'll see it in the first five minutes:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Jul 2014 - 16:42

I didn't notice this was out, I will definitely be giving it a whirl.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Jul 2014 - 7:27

Balladeer wrote:
And I'm playing as the lady, but her heaving bosoms are rather off-putting.  Gainax has a lot to answer for...

My suggestion? Have a cold shower, go for a run, or just lie down for a few minutes. Nah nah!

Also, got me some Guacamelee! After half an hour, it's confirmed - love it. The graphical style means it feels like you're playing a Saturday morning cartoon.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Jul 2014 - 17:00

Nah nah! 

Really enjoying this. Cracking game. Love the villains, too. Although I do feel it's a bit of a cop-out, having coloured blocks as most of the obstacles. Anyway, I've just passed the SMB final boss reference - you know the one.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 8:23

Got a bit further this morning - still really enjoying it. My reference spotting hat* has never seen so much action!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 9:28

I downloaded as like Andy brought up as I had it on PSN+, I could do the £2.96 upgrade. Thought even at that price it's worth a punt.

I've just past the same boss as you Balla, it seems decent enough but not seen that metroidvania ties like all the normal backtracking, so I am enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 21:32

I think game handles backtracking really well it always seems to send you back through an area after you have obtained new abilities towards another objective so you don't have to explore too much.

---

I love having the mini map on the gamepad as you don't have to slow down (pause) to find out where you want to go.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 21:47

I've tried playing it off-screen on occasion, but find it such a pain to switch between the map and gamepad. Especially for Metroidvanias (and Zelda, actually), that map is a godsend.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Jul 2014 - 21:25

I coming close to the end of this now that I only have two areas left to beat, however I'm going to backtrack to old areas so I can power up my health & stamina as I struggled a bit on the last few bosses.

Apart from that it's been an absolute joy to play & is up there beside Scram Kitty as the e shop's best.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptySat 19 Jul 2014 - 19:25

I know I'm not far off but I can't do this one bit (I know how but just can't) and the temple of war seemed like a real drag to me.

That I think I will be calling it quits.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug 2014 - 22:38

I'm currently doing a Jaster - zipping through the alternative dungeons to pick up the power-ups. I want to get everything out of this game, or as near as possible.

Also, you know the Exploders? They can all go kill themselves. Er, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug 2014 - 22:44

The things that have a count down above them? Aye they're fucking annoying.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug 2014 - 22:48

That's the bit I'm stuck on, using goat fly which is to slow (I'm to slow) and I get hit for the explosion and fall on saws, then dead.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug 2014 - 22:59

I was talking about how the enemies are annoying in general not at any particular part.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug 2014 - 23:00

That's the only time I've had a problem with them.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Aug 2014 - 23:52

Yeah, I lost a few lives on that bit, mas. Pattern memorisation should not be a big part of any game. No
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Aug 2014 - 8:23

Erm... (how to say this without sounding arrogant... I don't think I can) I beat it second time. Obviously the first time you don't know what's going on and you die, but the timing, while not exactly generous, had enough margin for error that I only had to play it once more. But I agree with Jas that they're annoying in general - even if they don't kill you, the "come on come on AAAAARGH" feeling as you fail to deal with a pack of five of them is not nice.

ZJ, what about rhythm action games?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Aug 2014 - 8:51

It depends how complex the pattern is. In Theatrhythm, for example, you could react to what was coming most of the time. On the other side of the coin, I remember watching a mate trying to complete Through The Fire And Flames on Guitar Hero... that's insane.

Full disclosure: I was thinking of those bits in Mega Man games with the disappearing/reappearing platforms. They suck.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Aug 2014 - 11:14

I'm downloading this just now, and will give it a little go after work, but the proper playthrough will come later as part of my big list-o-games. I'm using this sort of thing to break up the slight overabundance of PS3 FPS games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Aug 2014 - 17:14

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'm downloading this just now, and will give it a little go after work, but the proper playthrough will come later as part of my big list-o-games. I'm using this sort of thing to break up the slight overabundance of PS3 FPS games.

It's a good choice of game to play alongside something else.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Aug 2014 - 21:23

That DLC dungeon challenge thing.  Is.  Horrible.  I didn't think you were even meant to be able to finish number 9, until I saw a Youtube walkthrough of it!  But that portal room (I see what you did with that colour scheme) is one of the single most frustrating things I've played in gaming, mostly because of the way Juan keeps moving right after entering a portal. Fortunately it's short enough that I didn't want to smash the disc into pieces. Y'know, if there was a disc to smash.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Aug 2014 - 7:21

I loved El Infierno so much! It was so tough and so satisfying!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Aug 2014 - 21:29

I just finished El Infierno myself, found the combo challenges really tough but overall had a great time with them. (someone here frustrates easily  Razz  )

Got a question for Andy, I see that I have two things remaining to unlock in the extras menu & I assume this is related to the Luchador mask pieces you can collect, so, am I missing out on anything significant?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Aug 2014 - 21:36

Won't deny that! But I do plug through to the end if I enjoy the game - see the disappearing platforms mask gamut for an example. Grr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next