We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Rum
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
masofdas
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread Empty
PostSubject: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014 - 15:00

I know Jas is pretty keen on Dark Souls and although it is absolutely kicking my arse at every turn I do thoroughly love it. It's one of the games that made me buy my first non-ninty console in decades and it's one of those games that benefits from being played while other people play it, so I thought a thread would be cool.

Picked Dark Souls 2 up today. I've barely started, although brilliantly
Spoiler:
I'm quite a way from the end of the first game and in an ideal world I would play the two in order but I'd like to be playing this one while everyone else is. Plus, shiny new toy just out of the cellophane... I'm ripped inside, I'm torn!

Last edited by Buskalilly on Sat 26 Feb 2022 - 10:28; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014 - 16:54

I've got the original on PC, yet to play it. Judging by what I've seen, it seems like it'll be right up my alley.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014 - 17:28

It really is great, if you boiled down every game I ever loved you'd get Dark Souls.
But It's a big time commitment and a level of patience normally reserved for more retro stuff.
I will beat them both eventually, when I'm out of other stuff to play.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014 - 22:05

My copy of souls 2 arrived on Thursday but I shall not be playing it until I finish the first, I have six required bosses left to defeat but I'm not worried no one will be playing the second when I eventually get to it as the first is still chock full of folk wanting to help/kill you.

In the last month it has became my favourite game of all time. (Sorry monster hunter)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptyFri 14 Mar 2014 - 22:59

I would like to play this but there's no next gen version Hissy fit , one review compared it to a hardcore zelda. I've tried playing the first two but they came out during times of other games and being grueling (but in a good way) games, I never got far.

If Sony had any sense they would get demon souls 2 made as they own the IP or push Deep Down to the Souls fan.

There is bound by flame coming in may which should be decent though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 1:51

masofdas wrote:
I would like to play this but there's no next gen version Hissy fit , .
Your just the worst kind of person.

@Jas I reckon I'm gonna try and finish the first one before I get properly into the second, but that night be a while off and I've got quite a backlog of other games to polish off too. Damn my late arrival to sonytown!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 3:51

How long do you reckon it'd take to beat the first game? I've got a couple of months until the sequel releases on PC.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 5:03

Buskalilly wrote:
masofdas wrote:

@Jas I reckon I'm gonna try and finish the first one before I get properly into the second, but that night be a while off and I've got quite a backlog of other games to polish off too. Damn my late arrival to sonytown!

A wise choice as you will definitely be better prepared.

JayMoyles wrote:
How long do you reckon it'd take to beat the first game? I've got a couple of months until the sequel releases on PC.

I assume you mean dark souls & not demon, a first play through is said to be around 60+ hours as there will be lots of trial and error & the game rewards exploration.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 9:28

Buskalilly wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Why there's 10+ million next gen systems out there, even if 1% bought it that's 1,000,000 copy's sold. From Software have even said they thought about bringing it to PS4 and am I right in thinking it has new engine which I'm sure they said has next gen in mind. And it's coming to PC just port that across.

JayMoyles wrote:

Ohh really Jay Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 14:00

I'm not saying it doesn't deserve to be on next generation, im just saying it's silly to turn down a great game because it's not on a shiny machine.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 17:10

Buskalilly wrote:
I'm not saying it doesn't deserve to be on next generation,  im just saying it's silly to turn down a great game because it's not on a shiny machine.

But if you've traded in your current/previous gen systems to pay for your next/current gen ones...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 17:53

masofdas wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Ohh really Jay Very Happy 

What's that meant to mean?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 18:09

I don't think he thinks you could do it, it would be very difficult but not impossible as the game gives you the tools to succeed a big factor in my book is how quickly you will pick everything up. (Especially the menu system)

Key things to remember are:

You want a decent amount of poise as the less you have the more you can be staggered by enemies.

Try & stay under half or less of your equipment load so can move/roll quickly.

The three main stats you will want to level up are endurance, strength & dexterity.

Also remember most enemies follow these same rules so they aren't impossible no matter much they seem like they are.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Sat 15 Mar 2014 - 18:24; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I want to support Jay on his quest.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 19:28

Ahhh I understand what Mas was saying now. Well, I've a lot of free time on my hands... I should get close at least!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 22:22

Well I don't think he can do it as number 2 is out the 25th of April roughly.

And what Beemoh said.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptySat 15 Mar 2014 - 22:26

Oh it's April? I had it as May in my mind for some reason. Um, it's unlikely then. But darn it, I'll give it a bash.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptySun 16 Mar 2014 - 16:56

beemoh wrote:

But if you've traded in your current/previous gen systems to pay for your next/current gen ones...
Ah, good shout. I forgot about the lack of backwards compatibility. Let's not get into that again, though...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptySun 16 Mar 2014 - 18:37

This is why I never trade in my systems for newer ones as there's a great chance I'll want to play something that everyone else is raving about, also again I think from software have been clever keeping DS2 to ps3/360/PC as they can keep the cost lower & also worry less about about having to take advantage of a systems power.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptySun 16 Mar 2014 - 18:51

Not just what else there could be you get totally dicked over in trade ins anyway. I'd be surprised if they don't milk a bit more cash with a PS/One port
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptySun 16 Mar 2014 - 18:56

Well when I got rid of 360 for Wii U & then PS3 for PS4. I did look to see if there was much coming out and there was only about 5 games I wanted on them. I got fairly decent prices for the PS360. They don't need to take full advantage of PS4 ONE just port the PC version.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptySun 16 Mar 2014 - 19:12

A port would all depend on Namco wouldn't it Or how well the game does but I personally don't see that happening, with its very online focused approach would they have to pay for separate servers for XO/ps4? It just seems like it'd be counterproductive.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptySun 16 Mar 2014 - 19:16

Well I've got £50 here if they want it.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014 - 8:44

The_Jaster wrote:
with its very online focused approach would they have to pay for separate servers for XO/ps4?

Yes and no.

Yes, in the sense that they'd need more capacity, no in the sense that they'd basically be the same servers again.

However, it's probable they're on some plan with their host (assuming said host isn't XBL/PSN itself, which is probable) that allows them to automatically expand and contract with demand- so they'd be expecting to pay for more servers than they're using.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptyMon 17 Mar 2014 - 12:07

Dark Souls is installed - when I get in tonight, I'll begin my journey.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread EmptyTue 18 Mar 2014 - 10:29

Might be worth renaming this Dark Souls general discussion if there's going to be some chatter about the series.

So, I had my first experience with Dark Souls - 2 hours spent dying over and over and over and over again. This is how my first two hours went (I feel like describing my adventures so you experts can laugh at me, but I'll put it in a spoiler tag so you don't have to read if you don't want to).

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread   Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Elden SoulsBorne: Felyne Village - the FROM thread
Page 1 of 33Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next