We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Virtual Reality

Go down 
+15
Muss
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
fronkhead
Axis1500
Jimbob
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Cube
beemoh
Athrun888
Buskalilly
masofdas
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Virtual Reality - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 17:06

Wouldn't annoy me, it'd save me some money. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 17:57

Let the record state that this thread was moved into the Nontendo forum on the 5th of October in Space Year Two Thousand And Sixteen. When the Nintendo VX comes out in Space Year 2020, though, the admin team of that era - KatieHopkins and TheChrist - will move it back.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2016 - 6:11

Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyThu 6 Oct 2016 - 8:50

It will be moved back when the NX has it's VR headset is announced or when a Nintendo phone game uses a headset.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 20:12

Rift now works on around a $500 PC with much lower specs then it was, what a time to announce this.

Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyWed 12 Oct 2016 - 16:13

Very much contemplating a PSVR with VR Worlds, Thumper and RIGS.

mas what do I do
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyWed 12 Oct 2016 - 17:03

Some top games there well not sure if VR World's is as it has some good experiences and not so good experiences alot like Nintendo Land.

The other two I've played RIGS which is hard to get used to as you aim with your head but could be great online.

Thumper everyone seems to be raving about in VR or not

I will be reviewing / impression of a load of PSVR stuff that games wise can't tell you much in till I play.

A lot on here aren't fans of VR that there is a PSVR but after watching quite a lot of coverage, I reckon Cappa would be the biggest fan as lot of the games at the moment are very arcadey and just fun with things like Until Dawn Rush of Blood, it's a on-rails shooter like House of the Dead, Battlezone is a remaster of Battlezone from the arcade, Job Simulator which looks like dumb fun.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyWed 28 Nov 2018 - 16:44

Rise from your grave

Now you may remember me buying a PSVR day one but selling and using the money to get my 4KTV which was the better investment. Over the years I've seen Jimbob post in the prediction thread about people won't care about VR and I may have sort of agreed but this year I wouldn't be shocked to see PSVR having sold 4-5million units.

Which I think is a decent number and this past year Sony has quietly gone about making PSVR something even Andy (a page back was saying it should be in the bin) has picked one up by it having decent software.

As this year alone with had Deracine, Astro Bot, Moss, Firewall, Persistence, Tetris Effect, Zone of the Enders to name a few. With the likes of Astro Bot being the 15th highest rated game of the year including ports etc to Switch such as Bayo 2 and 10th with just 2018 games.

I've always been a fan of VR but I think now it has the software to really make it worth getting, unfortunately, the times I've seen PSVR on sale, I've had things like tyres to buy this month but £180 with normally two games for PSVR now seems like a great deal.

Has any of your opinions changed now on VR is a decent price and seems to have great content?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyThu 29 Nov 2018 - 21:19

I know I'm not the person you want to answer, but... no. Moss and Astro Bot are adorable, and I can see the appeal of feeling like there's a little world in front of you; however I still think that, after 5 minutes, you'd be just as happy playing on your regular 2D telly.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyFri 30 Nov 2018 - 0:34

Déraciné intrigued more as a curio of sorts considering it's from, well, From, and Tetris Effect looked pretty sweet, but the intrinsic concept of VR won't ever set right with me as it gives me headaches. I'd much rather play those games on a TV!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyFri 30 Nov 2018 - 7:38

Fair enough, I still unfortunately think it's one of those things you have to try to get IT and most people experiences I think aren't the best set-ups which leads to your headache etc
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyFri 30 Nov 2018 - 18:29

You have to remember that no matter the set up some folk are just more prone to bouts of motion sickness than others.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyFri 30 Nov 2018 - 18:33

Yeah for sure but can't be the same as being at home and having it all set-up for you.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyMon 3 Dec 2018 - 20:11

Oh no, the thought of "at home" is scary as well! It's bad enough with my folks as it is now - sometimes my Dad instinctively kicks the TV cabinet when he's playing FIFA. I'm not letting anyone in my family near Virtual Reality if it means I walk away for 5 minutes and find a relative impaled on a coffee table because they've got a headset on.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptySat 16 Feb 2019 - 10:34

masofdas wrote:
It will be moved back when the NX has it's VR headset is announced or when a Nintendo phone game uses a headset.

Hmm
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2021 - 18:06

I've spent the afternoon looking at the Oculus Quest 2 after stumbling down a YouTube rabbithole. I'm impressed that there's an out-the-box VR system for £299 that is wireless. Obviously, some of the games aren't as in-depth as your Half-Life: Alyxs but count me intrigued. I don't like the compulsory Facebook account, however, I've weaned myself off of that platform in the last couple of years.

Has anyone looked into VR lately?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2021 - 18:59

I know Andy and Mas are probably your men to ask here - VR gives me motion sickness sadly!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2021 - 19:50

The Quest line does look decent and how I think PSVR2 needs to go or completely wireless if it does need to be synced with the PS5.

I do know a lot of uproar about the Facebook stuff but people seemed to continue playing anyway.

Still think motion sickness in VR can be overcome but be even harder now to try it then easy yourself in with someone else's VR.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2021 - 8:33

Yeah I've thought about the Quest, but I don't play enough VR. Have got into it a bit more recently whilst I'm back with my parents, but PSVR does enough for me at the moment that I don't feel I'm missing out.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptySat 6 Mar 2021 - 21:19

Not quite a double post but similar to your post gJones, I was watching a YouTube video of The Climb 2 from Upload VR then started looking at Quest 2 stuff.

Plus this week we saw some new PSVR games and news of a PSVR2 for PS5, that I do have a bit of VR itch at the moment and recently had a bonus at work.

That I'm sort tempted to get a Quest 2, going to get some info from owners of it, also the £300 (found for less) it would cost could be used towards changing car (I've been looking for months and can't find anything) or new TV with OLED/120fps (size is the issue for this really) or a PS5 (Waiting to June really), I would be using my bonus as I say so not really touching the money that would go towards any of those things, just something else to take into account.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyMon 8 Mar 2021 - 14:15

Yeah I saw the Quest 2 for as low as £270 last week. I even mentioned to my daughters if they have been playing their Switch lately, and they said they want a Quest 2 for Roblox "as you can go inside the worlds" Grin The longevity of the Quest does make me question a purchase however, as by the time Christmas 2021 comes around, I imagine there will be a new Quest.

The PSVR 2 is actually more interesting to me, as far as full videogame experiences (rather than glorified tech demos). I also saw people getting locked out of their Facebook accounts which is a concern (if you setup a Facebook account JUST for the Quest, it can get shut down). I'll keep my eyes on the PSVR 2 for the time being, because as you say, it's a significant investment when I could just get a Switch Pro (if that's a thing).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 EmptyMon 8 Mar 2021 - 15:37

Well I've took the plunge, I've found for £250 and a few things I would like to play.

I see the Quest for me, sort like the Switch like mate bought Witcher III on Switch as he wants pick up and play instead of whatever his One X can do.

And covers the VR itch I have and by 2022/23 then can change to PSVR 2 if I wish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virtual Reality   Virtual Reality - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Virtual Reality
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8