We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)

Go down 
+12
Silver light
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Cube
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Balladeer
masofdas
beemoh
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Jan 2015 - 0:14

I enjoyed that Alien article despite not having played the game and preferring Aliens as a film. I always appreciate absolute nuclear level geekery.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptySun 1 Feb 2015 - 9:46

masofdas wrote:
Well this kinda died didn't it,

Well I was playing this yesterday and it's rather pretty
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 18rmfywkg5oeljpg

I'd not heard Never Alone mentioned anywhere except for Challenge TV's Videogame Nation. I like the philosophy behind the game, but... it looks a bit sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptySun 1 Feb 2015 - 11:20

That's still on,

It is a little sad.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptyThu 23 Apr 2015 - 5:23

Some Bloodborne goodness for your eyeballs.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptyThu 23 Apr 2015 - 7:03

No Make Contact.... 0/10
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptyThu 23 Apr 2015 - 13:56

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 CCPh8GHUgAEMfaN
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptyThu 23 Apr 2015 - 14:06

I love the red moon in Bloodborne - makes for some stunning vistas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptyThu 23 Apr 2015 - 14:16

Yep, I love how as you progress the night changes and as you backtrack to old areas you get a totally different feel to them because of this.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptySun 26 Apr 2015 - 10:15

I like how happy everyone seems that they're going to be in that picture.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptySun 26 Apr 2015 - 11:06

The red moon is gorgeous. The others look technically adept, but not really my thing.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptySun 26 Apr 2015 - 17:31

Jimbob wrote:
I like how happy everyone seems that they're going to be in that picture.

They're a shy bunch in the city of Yharnam but that might be because of the monster problem they have. Winky Face

Balladeer wrote:
The red moon is gorgeous.  The others look technically adept, but not really my thing.

The red moon was the first "WOW!" moment as far as the visuals go for me, I also died because I stopped to screenshot that not knowing enemies spawned close by. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptySun 26 Apr 2015 - 17:53

Yeah, I've only been exposed to Bloodborne through ENB's playthrough on YouTube, but I've paused the video once or twice to take in the scenery. Gorgeously designed game.

I need to take some screenshots of GTA V on PC - I've been blown away by that once or twice too.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptySat 16 May 2015 - 18:20

Kalimba (PC/Xbox One) looks really gorgeous. I didn't think that until I played it, though. Everything's made up of "trixels" (triangular pixels), which not only makes the game feel authentically digital, and these triangular building blocks are used really inventively. They shine and shimmer and they reflect light nicely. They also build up environments and objects like mosaics, so it lends the game a unique, organic feel that's a world apart from the 10037 pixel-art games out there.

http://pressplay.dk/games/kalimba/
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 9:25

Look at that sexy French bird
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 Hatoful91
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 9:43

This looks like a prime opportunity for a

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 Giphy

While I'm in the thread, though, I'll post some Yoshi's Woolly World pictures.  Maybe not the game with the most "wow" moments, but the wool effect is gorgeous.  A subtle one.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 Yoshiswoollyworld_preview_1

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 Yoshis-woolly-world-e3-2015

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 24 Jul 2015 - 12:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 11:18

I'm not sure I like the middle picture (the yarn textures seem to just splurge into one another) but the other two are lovely! Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 12:24

In retrospect, that texture-sloshing is a bit ugly. Deleted!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptyMon 17 Oct 2016 - 12:47

So.

I'm currently playing The Witcher III.
There are lots of reasons this is a banger of a game. The writing is second-to-none. The gameplay is wonderfully put together. It builds a fabulous world through phenomenal attention to detail.

Plus, it looks amazing. There are games with more impressive fidelity, but they achieve that by being far more linear. The Witcher's world is huge and open and full of potential, which makes it far more impressive that it can look so good. I'm putting together lots of screenshots, like everyone else who ever played this game.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 110

I think the trick to Witcher's success is that it goes for a realistic aesthetic overall but splashes colour and lighting around with a very artistic eye. It's like a version of the real world where the nights and days and weather are always at the most beautiful possible extreme. Sunsets are multicoloured, storms are rolling and menacing, the moon is huge and luminescent . . .

Expect further posts.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptyMon 17 Oct 2016 - 19:57

Witcher sun > Bloodborne moon. Actually it looked a bit like a Witcher scene on my way home: rainbow in front, golden illuminated cloud behind. Glorious.

Drunkalilly wrote:
It's like a version of the real world where the nights and days and weather are always at the most beautiful possible extreme.

If any game with pretentions of 'realism' that's not a grey-brown shooter isn't doing this, they've got their art direction wrong.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptyTue 18 Oct 2016 - 21:26

Balladeer wrote:
Witcher sun > Bloodborne moon.

Moons? Witcher's got moons!

Spoiler:

And sunrise can be just as pretty as sunset:

I'm looking at the sky not her bum!:

Also, getting away from the broad strokes of landscapes and skies, the characters look incredible as well. It loses a little something in a picture, without the animation, and it doesn't necessarily apply to every insignificant NPC but . . .

Geralt:
Cirilla:
The Baron:

I'm barely even started with Witcher III yet and I'm already mesmerised! By the time I'm done, I expect I'll be ready with an even more ridiculous post.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptySun 23 Oct 2016 - 13:18

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 Ctjm2c10

A lovely looking and well timed Space explosion from one of my trophy screenshots.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 Feb 2017 - 19:15

I know not everyone is super into pixel stuff, but check out Kingdom. Those water effects alone are making me want to play this game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 Feb 2017 - 19:51

I will care more when it comes to Switch.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 Feb 2017 - 20:21

Ooh, is it coming to Switch? According to wikipedia, yes. I will wait for that version, very keen indeed!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 Feb 2017 - 20:32

Check my list not Wiki Sulk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next