We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)

Go down 
+12
Silver light
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Cube
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Balladeer
masofdas
beemoh
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 21:06

Mario Sunshine was amazingly pretty! Man I love that game!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 23:16

Sunshine HD please.

Jet Set Radio, Better in Motion
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 Images14

Shenmue II, Aged a bit but this mind blowing when it came out
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 Images15

KOF97, 2D fighters always look great even this from the Saturn
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 Images16

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 23:21

Speaking of fighting games, Street Fighter IV is a good example of a gorgeous looking fighting game.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 SFIV
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 23:31

Looks nice but boring fighter though give me KOF over it any day.

Another nice looking fighter but slightly newer then one from 1996
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 Blazbl10
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 Mar 2014 - 23:35

I had an SNK background as my desktop wallpaper at the job I had early last year. Someone posted a load of then on imgur, ripped from the game ROMs, so there were no characters or screen funiture.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 1:01

masofdas wrote:
Looks nice but boring fighter though give me KOF over it any day.

That's something I take major offense to, but it's a story for a whole other thread.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 8:50

It's the whole thing Jay back in the day it was Nintendo or SEGA, Mario or Sonic, Street Fighter or King of Fighter's. So you were in one of those camps.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 10:38

I know this is controversial, but I had a few issues with Skyward Sword's graphics - I think individual screenshots are OK, but occasionally, dark areas suffered from weird colour banding.
But I do love Okami's style. I hate to say it as a Ninty fan, but he HD version on PS3 finally does it justice
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 Okami-hd-capcom
(But Wind Waker HD is better!)
You've already brought up Enslaved, which was the other one I thought of, and I would nominate Skyrim, if it wasn't just a really good rendition of grey and another grey.
I'm not a mega-graphicsy person - I'm not that fussed about getting an XBone or PS4. So what I would nomiate is Art Style Light Trax - it looks crap in stills (so no posts here) but awesome when everything's moving - especially in the freeway mode.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 10:47

I didn't notice the "banding" you speak of, although I'm still bitter about the frame rate slowing down to chugging-speed in the credits. And I won't deny that Okami HD looks better than Okami, although the original is still beautiful.

For me, the big advantage of additional graphical power isn't the number of hairs that the game can model on DK's backside, but the clearness it can add to graphical styles. Although I'm not going to deny that I love the raindrops in SM3DW, which I suspect wouldn't have been possible in SD.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 11:10

Jimbob wrote:
I would nominate Skyrim, if it wasn't just a really good rendition of grey and another grey.

Wasn't impressed by Skyrim visually, all told.  Meh

I've been watching a Let's Play of Infamous: Second Son, and the neon power makes for some pretty visuals.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 Infamous-second-son-neon-wide

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 18:08

Just finished Episode 2 of Bioshock Infinite's Burial at Sea - the last scene had some gorgeous visuals.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 17:29

You all will look so beautiful

Everybody's gone to the rapture
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 Darkch10

Final Fantasy XV
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 K5n210

No Man's Sky
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 No_man10

Rime
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 Rime10

Transistor
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 Transi10

Destiny
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 X_fx10

Lily Bergamo
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 Screen10

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 17:48

NMS and Lily look gorgeous.  Destiny... meh.  I'll be impressed if they can deliver on the scale suggested, but they shepherded the trailer very quickly into closed corridors which had nothing going for them visually.  And the wall wasn't exactly pretty to start with.

Just to check, Mas - you know that you don't have to got through that site every time for pictures? You can just put image urls between [img ]image tags[/ img] (remove the spaces).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 17:52

Lilly should look good seeing who's behind it,

I've got to put this video of rime here as it looks stunning.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 21:42

ctrl+f Okami

ctrl+f Muramasa

All is right in this thre-ACTUALLY WAIT WAIT WAIT HOLD ON A DAMN SECOND I DIDN'T SEE ANY VALKYRIA CHRONICLES IN HERE >=|

I'll take lovely art direction over actual hyperrealistic graphics quality any day of the week.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 22:47

I'm happy to see Mario Sunshine get a lot of mentions, I still believe it has some of the best water in any videogame, ever, since it's dynamic and isn't a flat surface, but also looks so inviting. You just want to dive in and swim about.

Silver light wrote:
ctrl+f Okami

ctrl+f Muramasa

All is right in this thre-ACTUALLY WAIT WAIT WAIT HOLD ON A DAMN SECOND I DIDN'T SEE ANY VALKYRIA CHRONICLES IN HERE >=|

I'll take lovely art direction over actual hyperrealistic graphics quality any day of the week.

I really liked the look of Valkyria Chronicles, though its environments could have felt more alive. Asides from swaying grass it wasn't as animated as, say, Wind Waker, but boy was the shading impressive <3

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 2609128-6308078119-3ds_y

CORRRRR!!!

*runs*

*Cries* I love how Yoshi's Nose is going into one of the coins. Great quality control at Arzest, I see.

andyman949 wrote:
That reminds me of how fantastic Pikmin 3 looked! I definitely need to replay that soon.

Another shout to Pikmin 3. I wasn't expecting much at all -- what I had seen of the game before I played it was mainly mission mode, where the visuals are somehow a lot worse, but boy did story mode look fabulous.

Sure, it wasn't the most technically impressive game out there, but it was beautiful in a nature sense, everything was so alive and animated as you'd expect, the various fauna interacted with the environment in inspired ways, the weather effects were amazing, it was just perfect. I still love seeing your spaceship take off at the day's end, its engine light illuminating the ground.

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 ZlCfzREQ3SQGWDfpzk

And the fruit!

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 ZlCfzRESvrYAgXt0uj

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 ZlCfzRFY4Vcvhg3klH

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 ZlCfzRFYsrsmdLwH3k

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 ZlCfzRFUTvMDQWuY35

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 ZlCfzREQnKonOv8FXM
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 0:16

End-game Dark Souls spoilers ahoy.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 7:56

That is some lovely fruit up there.  Good enough to eat (groan).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 19:45

JayMoyles wrote:
End-game Dark Souls spoilers ahoy.

Spoiler:

I got goosebumps when I seen that area, also loved the touch as you walked down the stairs.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Apr 2014 - 0:34

Wave Race 64's water still makes me think "wow". Yes, the environments and jet ski riders have an old school 3D charm to them, but the water's still mighty impressive, particularly how ripples across the surface look and how it piles up. Still my favourite dynamic water to drive atop. I thought Wave Race: Blue Storm's water was a bit less appealing, while technically being more impressive (the still water at the lake level was nice) it looked too much like jelly at points.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptySun 6 Apr 2014 - 17:27

fronkhead wrote:
Still my favourite dynamic water to drive atop.

I can't imagine this line coming from anyone but you, fronk.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Apr 2014 - 15:27

From Dark Souls II:

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 D8A2F818B2BE88F1D447C01EDAB3E7B59276493C
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Apr 2014 - 22:28

There really is some beautiful scenery in DSII makes me laugh at the whole hoopla over the games visuals.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Apr 2014 - 22:57

DSII is a huge leap up visually though from its predecessor. Whilst there were certainly impressive views in the original, they pale in comparison to the overall visuals of the sequel. The animation is much better too - dat cloth animation.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 EmptySun 27 Apr 2014 - 23:12

Aye that is nice, I tried to swap out my chest armour which has a cape earlier but I couldn't do it haha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)   It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's... it's beautiful. (AKA the videogame graphics appreciation society)
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next