And Now a Sneak Preview of Pokémon Ultra Sun, Thanks to the British Weather
 
HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Explain Your Username

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dead Lemon
Luiginoid
avatar

Posts : 226
Points : 231
Join date : 2015-01-25
Age : 30
Location : Still Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   22/02/15, 12:38 am

Bump Ninja

It's Pokemon related.

Started on a forum as Pokemon Master, got banned and re-registered as Dead Pokemon Master. Left then returned as Deadly Pokemon Master. Name was too long so changed to Deadly Pokemon. Then to Deadly 'Mon. Which sounded like Dead Le Mon. Reconstructed to make Dead Lemon.






That's the retconned story at least.

The truth is i don't know why I decided on going for this username when I originally signed up to the old NGamer forum. I've never really used the same username on any two forums always opting to come up with new ones when registering somewhere new.

The name Dead Lemon was actually from GTA San Andreas. It's the name of one of the horses you can bet on (most of which are rather crude names). I'm not sure why I decided on using an obscure GTA reference when joining a Nintendo focused forum. Always liked the name I guess and the imagery of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fastpie
SubSpace Emissary Reject
avatar

Posts : 76
Points : 76
Join date : 2014-11-14
Age : 26
Location : Falling through the void

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   22/02/15, 03:11 am

Mine is due to a Retsutalk podcast I was listening to a while ago, where Ben Croshaw was saying that both YouTube celebrity Totalbiscuit and Slowbeef (one of the hosts of Retsutalk) had names that derived from adjectives and foodstuffs. The name Fastpie popped into my head and thus a username was born.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY
avatar

Posts : 15038
Points : 14295
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 27
Location : Terip Ulpun Shrine

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   22/02/15, 07:26 am

Dead Lemon wrote:
Bump Ninja

It's Pokemon related.

Started on a forum as  Pokemon Master, got banned and re-registered as Dead Pokemon Master. Left then returned as Deadly Pokemon Master. Name was too long so changed to Deadly Pokemon. Then to Deadly 'Mon. Which sounded like Dead Le Mon. Reconstructed to make Dead Lemon.

That's the DL we know and love. Laughing I still have vague memories of one post of yours that scooped an NGamer award...

...found it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
JayMoyles
Hero of Time
avatar

Posts : 9360
Points : 9106
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 23
Location : Courtroom No. 3 at 10am.

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   22/02/15, 01:27 pm

Ah, I remember that! Very funny post. On reflection, our avatar-deprived friend's post of simply "avartar" is really funny too, for some reason. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Stu_the_great
Dry Metal Baby Princess
avatar

Posts : 3439
Points : 3000
Join date : 2008-08-19
Age : 33
Location : Probably somewhere I shouldnt be.

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   22/02/15, 01:47 pm

Balladeer wrote:
Dead Lemon wrote:
Bump Ninja

It's Pokemon related.

Started on a forum as  Pokemon Master, got banned and re-registered as Dead Pokemon Master. Left then returned as Deadly Pokemon Master. Name was too long so changed to Deadly Pokemon. Then to Deadly 'Mon. Which sounded like Dead Le Mon. Reconstructed to make Dead Lemon.

That's the DL we know and love. Laughing I still have vague memories of one post of yours that scooped an NGamer award...

...found it!

Oh man, I'd completely forgotten that. Absolute class. Laughing

My username, as I've boringly described elsewhere before, is basically a mashup of my first name and Gonzo the Great from the Muppets. I was a big Muppets fan as a kid, and Gonzo was my favourite character. When asked to create a username, I panicked and that was the best I could come up with. Embarrassed

I've been so, so tempted to change my username to the much more relevant and less-pompous Stu_Dee_Jay, which generally gets used everywhere else, but have so far resisted in NGamer homage. Stu_Dee_Jay is merely my initials in phonetics. I like this one because it's in tidy groups of three.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY
avatar

Posts : 15038
Points : 14295
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 27
Location : Terip Ulpun Shrine

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   22/02/15, 02:25 pm

Absolutely not, Stu! As the forum god, you should only be able to change your username to something like "Stu_of_Olympos", or "Stu_Son_of_Ra".
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
JayMoyles
Hero of Time
avatar

Posts : 9360
Points : 9106
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 23
Location : Courtroom No. 3 at 10am.

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   22/02/15, 02:48 pm

spoilered so not to break formatting:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Orne
avatar

Posts : 7666
Points : 7743
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 33
Location : Underground Corpse Pile.

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   22/02/15, 05:50 pm

JayMoyles wrote:
spoilered so not to break formatting:
 

Laughing Excellent Game of Thrones style name there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY
avatar

Posts : 14199
Points : 14422
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 27
Location : A Galaxy Far Far Away

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   22/02/15, 06:00 pm

JayMoyles wrote:
spoilered so not to break formatting:
 

Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead Lemon
Luiginoid
avatar

Posts : 226
Points : 231
Join date : 2015-01-25
Age : 30
Location : Still Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   22/02/15, 10:32 pm

Balladeer wrote:
Dead Lemon wrote:
Bump Ninja

It's Pokemon related.

Started on a forum as  Pokemon Master, got banned and re-registered as Dead Pokemon Master. Left then returned as Deadly Pokemon Master. Name was too long so changed to Deadly Pokemon. Then to Deadly 'Mon. Which sounded like Dead Le Mon. Reconstructed to make Dead Lemon.

That's the DL we know and love. Laughing I still have vague memories of one post of yours that scooped an NGamer award...

...found it!

I forgot all about that post, what search terms did you have to use to fins that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stu_the_great
Dry Metal Baby Princess
avatar

Posts : 3439
Points : 3000
Join date : 2008-08-19
Age : 33
Location : Probably somewhere I shouldnt be.

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   22/02/15, 10:38 pm

JayMoyles wrote:
spoilered so not to break formatting:
 

"The username you have entered is too long"

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY
avatar

Posts : 15038
Points : 14295
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 27
Location : Terip Ulpun Shrine

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   23/02/15, 10:08 am

Dead Lemon wrote:
I forgot all about that post, what search terms did you have to use to fins that?

"NGamer forum awards site:computerandvideogames.com".  Reminded of it by this thread, which, incidentally, contains the following post:

Solve My Maze wrote:
Speaking of lost forumites, does anyone know what happened to Dead Lemon? I'm sure he went to GCU around the same time that Phillips and I went. Unless I'm totally wrong on the Uni part but he definitely lived in the west of Scotland area.
Hmm, that doesn't sound stalkerish at all.

That cased has been closed, at least!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Dead Lemon
Luiginoid
avatar

Posts : 226
Points : 231
Join date : 2015-01-25
Age : 30
Location : Still Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   23/02/15, 04:43 pm

Balladeer wrote:
Dead Lemon wrote:
I forgot all about that post, what search terms did you have to use to fins that?

"NGamer forum awards site:computerandvideogames.com".  Reminded of it by this thread, which, incidentally, contains the following post:

Solve My Maze wrote:
Speaking of lost forumites, does anyone know what happened to Dead Lemon? I'm sure he went to GCU around the same time that Phillips and I went. Unless I'm totally wrong on the Uni part but he definitely lived in the west of Scotland area.
Hmm, that doesn't sound stalkerish at all.

That cased has been closed, at least!

Does Mazey still post? Not seen him since I appeared. Maybe we're the same person Shocked

Great to see the NGamer Smash Bros picture I made in that thread. Feared that was lost forever on my old Laptop. Think that was made way back on the NGamer forum before that merged with the rest of the CVG boards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Explain Your Username   

Back to top Go down
 
Explain Your Username
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Trying to Explain Thrive
» Can I change My Username?
» Does anyone know what's up? Duplicate logon detected
» Look up your username
» iRacing Usernames

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Off Topic-
Jump to: