We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.

Go down 
+13
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Rum
beemoh
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
Buskalilly
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 12:42

You can do one or the other you can't do skies and arcadia.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Jun 2014 - 12:47

Eternal Arcadia 2 it is then  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 Jul 2014 - 17:45

Yu Suzuki: I'm Ready to Create Shenmue III Should the Right Circumstances Arise.

Someone give him the 10billion pounds to make it now.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptySun 24 May 2015 - 9:00

Jasteroids. It plays pretty much exactly like the original game, except the asteroids all have beards and talk about how you should be playing Dark Souls instead.

The budget is mostly used to fight lawsuits. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptySun 24 May 2015 - 9:24

Laughing Love it.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptySun 24 May 2015 - 15:36

ZeroJones wrote:
Jasteroids. It plays pretty much exactly like the original game, except the asteroids all have beards and talk about how you should be playing Dark Souls instead.

The budget is mostly used to fight lawsuits. Shocked

I'd sign off on such a game, excellent idea. Applause Oh bonus points if you hit the ballatroids that appear after Dark souls is mentioned 10 times.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptySun 24 May 2015 - 16:07

So, 30s after starting the game, then? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptySun 24 May 2015 - 18:21

Excellent thread revival, Zero!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptySun 24 May 2015 - 18:23

Jimbob go make it
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptySun 24 May 2015 - 18:57

Shenmue III. With 10 billion Suzuki could probably do all 16 chapters too, including the missing chapter upon the ship to Hong Kong.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptySun 24 May 2015 - 19:01

Well you have to make it gjones not Suzuki
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptySun 31 May 2015 - 17:52

Phoenix Wright RPG

You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 Ace_attorney_rpg__gumshoe_battle_by_buddyfaithakadiego-d524l7r

Following Edgeworth's appearance in DQVIII (not really, but the resemblance is uncanny), I've decided that I really want this. Mario RPG-style battle system, some actual trials interspersed (probably with giant dragons as the defendants or something), Takumi on script duty. Would be brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptyFri 5 Jun 2015 - 19:07

Just read this thread. Totally loving the Ice Climber idea, thought about pretty much the exact thing meself before. With the idea of exploring a large, open world, mountain range picking up sidequests from NPCs and finding secrets and hidden Easter eggs - like discovering a crashed Arwing - complete with Slippy - frozen in an icy cavern.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptySat 6 Jun 2015 - 13:32

Ha!  Reminds me of this fella:

You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 Donkey-kong-bat

And good riddance to it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 15:51

I ask you guys a similar question but instead of £10b but you've got nothing. What would you try to make, what engine would use, would it be a simple clone like maybe Pong as the Wii U doesn't have Pong or a bash at something new?

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 22:00

I've actually given a lot of thought to making a game. My strength is writing, more than anything else, so I'd have a go at a text adventure first of all, or an RPG with very simple visuals.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 22:02

Okay that gives me some ideas as I've got some news but can't share as of yet.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 22:17

I'm currently working on a shooter side stroller, making it with SFML and visual studio. Of course I have no art or animation skill so that will have to be public material.
I've made a game and a few clones of games (pong, asteroids etc.) using Unity3d which is a great tool and easy to use.
Text adventures would be a good idea if you're not confident in programming because the fun comes from the story and visuals.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 22:17

Good stuff that fowl! You're doing it at uni., is that right?

Text adventure for me.  I'd get bored halfway through though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 22:23

Unity or Construct are the ones I've been seen the most pop up when talking to people depending on peoples skills as Unity does benefit if you can code but might be the easiest way to 3D, where Construct apparently you need no coding skills and it's 2D which I gather is easier.

I may look into SFML, I've found they're so many options that it can be a bit daunting and I've got something in mind which SFML isn't compatible with as far I'm aware.

Seems Text Adventure is the most wanted hmm
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 22:24

The shooter is my personal summer thing, sfml was part of my c++ module.
The unity stuff was uni, I can share some of it when I'm at my puter again.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 22:26

I know nothing bout C++, how hard would you say Unity to use to someone who's clueless?
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jul 2016 - 6:03

It's really well supported actually, there are lots of tutorials on the Unity site and YouTube. I'd recommend going through some of the material before starting your own project.
I'd say that Unity is probably the best beginner engine just because it's so widely supported. You'll inevitably have to write scripts but more complex things will probably be made available to cut and paste into your project with a few changes to variable names, etc.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jul 2016 - 6:55

RPG Maker is supposedly pretty decent for a first game - To The Moon was made in RPG Maker, but that didn't affect the strength of the story in any way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jul 2016 - 9:33

I'd make an RPG: a lovely menu-driven game with chibi sprites and no seriousness at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next