We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where it all began?

Go down 
+5
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
shanks
Balladeer
masofdas
9 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Where it all began? Empty
PostSubject: Where it all began?   Where it all began? EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 13:12

I thought we might of had a topic like this all ready but I can't find one. So the question is where did it all begin as I've just seen that Drunka first Mario Kart was Double Dash, knowing he's 23 and a Nintendo fan thought it been Super Mario Kart or 64 and me being a little shocked. Balla who's 24 then popped up saying Drunka is younger then me and I didn't start to the N64.

So what was your first console then,

Everyone I think knows mine the Sega Mega Drive and Balla's the Nintendo 64.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Where it all began?   Where it all began? EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 13:19

Wrong - Game Boy. Nah nah! N64 was my first home console, but it was the Game Boy and Super Mario Land that seduced me into Nintendo's fold.

Prior to that, it was Pac-Man on the family Amstrad.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Where it all began?   Where it all began? EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 13:24

I was thinking console was your, so not the family Amstrad.

Gameboy was also my first handheld with Wave Race I think bundled in.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Where it all began?   Where it all began? EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 13:51

My first home console was an Atari something or rather (Can not for the life of me remember it's name)
First Nintendo console was the 64
First handheld was the GBA
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Where it all began?   Where it all began? EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 16:17

The first proper home console in my family was the NES. We had an Atari 65XE but I think of that as a computer. Also, the first handheld in the house was a Game Boy. Nintendo from an early age!

Full confession - I dabbled with the original PlayStation, buying FFVI, Street Fighter Alpha 2 and a couple of Spider-Man games. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Where it all began?   Where it all began? EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 17:32

First video-game console ever - Game Boy Colour, with Super Mario Land 2 and a shitty Star Wars game.

First home console - a PS1, with Spyro 2. Sony and Ninty guided me until the mid to late 2000s, when the dark hand of Microsoft grabbed me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Where it all began?   Where it all began? EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 17:58

Its the NES for me with super mario bros/Duck Hunt combo, even my aunty played Mario back then but she couldn't sprint & jump at the same time.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Where it all began?   Where it all began? EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 18:07

Balladeer wrote:
N64 was my first home console, but it was the Game Boy and Super Mario Land that seduced me into Nintendo's fold.
My story is very similar to balla's. The first time the family could afford a home console was the PS1, and although I loved Mario and pokemon on my game boys, my love affair with Nintendo started when I played a GameCube at the Bristol Balloon Festival and decided I wanted one for my birthday. Since that day I've been a total shameless fanboy and bought every Nintendo machine day one.

I can remember that birthday really well, actually. I bought a Nintendo magazine in Tesco with my grandad and he said "but you don't have a Nintendo." I said "I have a game boy" and thought no more of it. Then after school that night I was given my present and it literally only occurred to me as I wrote this post that the only reason my grandad had any idea what a Nintendo was, was because he already knew what I was getting and thought someone might have let on.

You can see a picture of me and my brother opening the cube at the start of this video.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Where it all began?   Where it all began? EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 18:16

Really how we're so different with not much of age cap, Jas starting with a NES 3rd gen who's only little bit older then me and you Drunka starting with the Cube (first console to be your own it seems) 6th gen and only being a a year younger than myself.

If were bringing up first systems we played that be the Mega Drive as well.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Where it all began?   Where it all began? EmptyWed 7 May 2014 - 18:19

First system I played would be my nan's master system with sonic, taz, ghouls n ghosts and Alex Kidd. Also used to play doom on my dad's pc, street fighter on my uncle's pc and every game I could get my hands on on my friends' n64s, particularly pokemon stadium, Star Fox and Mario.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Where it all began?   Where it all began? EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 2:00

Quote :
If were bringing up first systems we played that be the Mega Drive as well.

That's what I thought the initial question was? As for first console I bought with my own money that was the Dreamcast.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Where it all began?   Where it all began? EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 2:57

In that case the first one I owned myself was the Game Cube
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Where it all began?   Where it all began? EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 8:36

I don't know what the first one I bought was. GB and N64 were birthday presents. Possibly the Wii, actually.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Where it all began?   Where it all began? EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 9:19

Yeah your fine Balla with the presents, as they were yours. The question was what your first system.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Where it all began?   Where it all began? EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 9:55

Family SNES and Gameboy were my first. Gameboy Colour and Dreamcast were my consoles and Gamecube and DS were the first consoles I bought myself.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Where it all began?   Where it all began? EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 10:25

First system I bought myself was the GBA with Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros 2.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Where it all began?   Where it all began? EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 23:53

Actual console, a NES in 1991. Just before they announced the SNES - we didn't have a lot of money when I was a kid; my parents were so pleased when I started buying TOTAL! magazine and read that a new expensive version was on the way. But I didn't care, that Christmas was one of the best days of my life.

Before that, the family got an Acorn Electron in 1985. I was only 3 and didn't really know what I was doing. But I didn't care, that Christmas was one of the best days of my life.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where it all began?   Where it all began? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where it all began?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: Retro-
Jump to: