We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Go down 
+17
Silver light
Jimbob
Xelviar
Rum
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
The_Jaster
masofdas
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Gwyn400
Buskalilly
Balladeer
shanks
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 11:56

Not sure if I'm a fan of this special code nonsense - it's not too bad with Smash considering it was publicly available shortly after, but this likely won't be, judging by that article.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 12:30

I see nintendo has yet to understand the concept that advertising is meant to gain interest from people who aren't already buying their products. A problem they seem to have on a company wide scale right now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 13:24

Only thing I don't think Pokemon really needs to be advertised.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 15:48

It doesn't, but you'll get more people wanting to buy the game through releasing a demo publicly as opposed to making it exclusive for people who were already going to buy the game. As Athrun rightly points out, a demo is meant to woo those who weren't planning to buy the game in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyTue 23 Sep 2014 - 16:49

Wait what?  Available only from specific retailers?  That's... pretty rubbish, if I'm honest.  GF and/or Nintendo (not sure which) spoiling a brilliant idea.  Well done, chumps.  (slow clap) Never mind, I misread the article. You can get them from the Nintendo store - not sure what the problem is, then.

Oh, and re. the Nuzlocke, of course you (Athrun) and Vido are free to arrange how you want.  Personally, though, I'd rather have all the Nuzlockes in one place.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 6:45

Athrun888 wrote:
I see nintendo has yet to understand the concept that advertising is meant to gain interest from people who aren't already buying their products.  A problem they seem to have on a company wide scale right now.

This, in the most major way. I see more adverts for King products on TV than Nintendo ones by a wide, wide margin. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 10:37

[quote="Balladeer"]Wait what?  Available only from specific retailers?  That's... pretty rubbish, if I'm honest.  GF and/or Nintendo (not sure which) spoiling a brilliant idea.  Well done, chumps.  (slow clap)  Never mind, I misread the article.  You can get them from the Nintendo store - not sure what the problem is, then./quote]

It's to get you to preorder from these places be it Nintendo Store or GAME.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 11:26

You don't look at your posts after you've made them, do you Mas?

Anyhoo, it doesn't say anything about pre-orders in the article, only in the comments. I'll wait for the formal report before I get huffy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 11:33

Which one,

It's got to be preorders as really why would GAME, Amazon have anything to do with it as it was just a demo code like SMASH you'd think Nintendo would just send it out like they did with that. Unless GAME, Amazon etc are going to send out codes to customers who've maybe bought 3DS games before then they try the demo and as they got the code from Amazon go preorder with them, if it's that I could end up with 20 codes.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 11:35

The one above, where the quote is mucked up.

I'll agree, that seems possible/probable: but maybe you'll be able to acquire the code normally off the eShop? I'm just hoping that it's not pre-order dependant, as that would be a little shoddy. I prefer the SSB3D code distribution approach myself.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 12:02

Even the SSB3DS code system is skewed in my eyes - why bother sending out codes to those already likely to buy the game, eg. Nintendo platinum members. That's a moot point though, as the demo was publicly released shortly afterwards. But, as Mas quite rightly points out, the mentions of top retailers in that article would suggest that this is a preorder bonus of sorts. I don't mind preorder bonuses when the bonus is purely cosmetic, but this isn't. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyWed 24 Sep 2014 - 15:10

The nostalgia is strong with this one.  I'm almost tempted to pick up a 2ds for one of these.  Almost.

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 Ibk4hHIIBlekfO
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyFri 3 Oct 2014 - 8:10

Did I beat both Shanks and Athrun to a piece of Pokémon-related news?  Inconceivable!  

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 Original
(Video.)

It's a Mega (not a Primal jobbie), it gets an ability called Delta Stream that protects flying types, and its Dragon Ascent will be the most powerful flying-type move in game.  Flying-typed Hyper Beam, anyone?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyFri 3 Oct 2014 - 8:58

Ah well since you've beaten me to it I'll go back to sleep then.

And all I have to say about the mega is it looks cool and that's about it. I'll never use it, it'll just go into the mega box I have on Pokemon Bank once done with the game
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyFri 3 Oct 2014 - 17:48

I just didn't care about it honestly, I spent so much time expecting this thing to be a thing I saw it pop up everywhere and just moved on without it registering mentally.  But anyway, it looks absolutely ridiculous if you ask me, I don't know precisely what I was expecting from the inevitably mega rayquaza but it wasn't a wind charm.  The ability is nice though, now it doesn't die to a mere ice shard and it resists electric moves.
Back to top Go down
Sylveon
Chuffster
Sylveon

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 18:34

Ohh! The dragon types like the spotlight don't they?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyThu 9 Oct 2014 - 18:25

Giving a Legendary Pokémon a Mega Evolution is like winning the Lottery and the Lotto Raffle at the same time. You've already got so much - why do you need that little bit extra? Naughty
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyFri 10 Oct 2014 - 10:31

I definitely agree.  They should give Megas to Pokémon that need them - like, say, Pidgeot, or Beedrill.

Huge images spoilered:

Although riding the Mega Latis around the overworld (and into the sky to find other legendaries, apparently) does look pretty swish.

And another one:

So the big question is: what are they going to do with Dialga and Palkia when it comes to Time Diamond/Space Pearl?

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 10:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyFri 10 Oct 2014 - 10:44

Pidgeot looks rather cool
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyFri 10 Oct 2014 - 11:01

I have the question the logic behind pidgeot's new ability. Beedrill is extremely welcome being practically the embodiment of what mega's should be and gets the amazing adaptability, but pidgeot gets no guard. Aside from hurricane spam (which speaking as someone who has run a rain team with tornadus isn't that good) I can't see why they gave it that over better abilities. Personally I'd have preferred something like huge power! Now that would be something worthy of a mega!

But beedrill's awesome both in the looks department and the usability department so it's all cool! Really looking forward to giving that monster a shot.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Oct 2014 - 18:49

More news!  Or footage rather, showing off flying around.  And it looks amazing!   Amazing!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFvxSvPIw5c

But wait, that isn't even the best part.  You'll never guess what just got revealed to get megas.

Mega Glalie and Mega Steelix!!!
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 IDXqPiJBRTbw8Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 Ib05YxZql0GtAA

Yeah.  Who saw that coming?  Because I sure didn't see that coming.  Both good picks, both pokemon that could use a buff that have reached the end of the evolutionary potential.  It's only four thirty in the morning of a long day for me, but this day is already amazing!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 Oct 2014 - 22:58

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 Steelglalie

Better Picture of them.

Nice to see they made Glalie more creepy

Oh yeah anyone else have the demo?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2014 - 9:16

Not yet. I'm probably getting AS for Christmas, so it doesn't make sense to burn myself out on Pokémon too early.

Mega Steelix looks terrible. Mega Glalie, on the other hand... No
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2014 - 9:59

I might go into town and GAME to download the demo today.

I'm interested what the special items and the mega is that you can get in the demo.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2014 - 11:01

You get Glalie. Only Japan gets Steelix so I've heard. (Haven't got a demo for that region yet so can't really confirm)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire   Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next