We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome

Go down 
+28
Athrun888
Rum
Gwyn400
Crumpy Andy
nupkin
awesomedude
Buskalilly
Santa Claus
The Cappuccino Kid
SuperPaperLink
Jimbob
ShadoWolf
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
beemoh
ZeroJones
Dusty Knackers
spacemanDOUG
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
Admin
shanks
mandlecreed
The_Jaster
Fancy Fancy
Balladeer
fronkhead
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 19:04

beemoh wrote:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/419970/features/comments-of-the-week-biscuit-special/

That's the funniest thing I've read today. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 21:27

Chris Scullion knows where the good comments are at Grin 
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Jul 2013 - 19:49

Milka Happy Cows

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpXW78hIyXc3I-1abs_WKG6UQSY-yDptovRKARw4r5z3LbAupH

Pros:

IT'S CALLED HAPPY COWS FOR FUCK'S SAKE
Even the chocolate bar itself resembles a cow, if a cow were a chocolate bar
Resealable...

Cons:

...though I've opened it from the other, non-resealable side, because I'm a muppet
It's a wee bit plain
Odd aftertaste. Don't add white chocolate to regular chocolate
Expensive as its la-dee-ha foreign stuff

70%

I know this my equivalent of the baw-bootin' that IGN gave Castlevania on the 3DS, but I'm just not bowled over by this. It's fine, but if this is the best German chocolate has to offer, I'm not willing to pay for anything more.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Jul 2013 - 21:01

white chocolate with mild chocolate. No dark chocolate though, just saying... Dead horse 
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Jul 2013 - 21:46

The_Jaster wrote:
Kit Kat Cookies & cream pack

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 DSCF8690

Quick review time: white & normal chocolate mixed together = Superb

95%

Phillips wrote:
Milka Happy Cows

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpXW78hIyXc3I-1abs_WKG6UQSY-yDptovRKARw4r5z3LbAupH

Cons:

Odd aftertaste. Don't add white chocolate to regular chocolate

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 2401601520_804fd0d095
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Jul 2013 - 22:16

Those Kit-Kats are superb, to be fair. Add white chocolate to regular chocolate if you've already got wafer biscuit in about it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2013 - 0:14

To be honest that happy cow bar looks like they just had spare white chocolate left over & decided to bung it in without thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptyWed 7 Aug 2013 - 20:02

Discalimer: This is not technically a snack (unless you have a reeeeeal problem) but...

Quarter Pounder with Cheese, bought from McDonald's in XScape, Milton Keynes

Pros:
Quarter Pounder with cheese - you know what you're getting - in theory

Cons:
I assume that an employee of McDonald's has been through training, to an extent that they are familiar with the ingredient list that completes a Quarter Pounder with Cheese. However, I can understand that, on occasion, a piece of the delicately-crafted puzzle is missing. Part of the greenery, for example. Or maybe one of the two layers of Magic Cheese that is crafted behind closed doors. However, it takes a special kind of person to forget the bottom half of the bun. Our family ordered 4 of these between us the other day; 3 were in fact missing this - some would say "key" - component. Finding, upon arriving home with your meal, that you need to obtain a fish slice in order to un-adhese the burger from the base of the polystyrene container (having been welded on by the lower cheese layer) is not a welcome bonus. The remainder of the faux-sandwich has to be eaten upside-down; the cheese layer is unsalvageable.

12%
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptyThu 8 Aug 2013 - 0:56

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 Royal-with-cheese
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptyThu 8 Aug 2013 - 9:06

I had my first McDonald's burger in years last night, bun or not - which is pretty funny - I could see where you'd get 12% from.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptyThu 8 Aug 2013 - 10:11

How fascinating: your experience with those particular Quarter Pounders with Cheese has altered your review score. Just out of interest - not nerdiness, no sirree - what would you have scored a correctly made one?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptySun 11 Aug 2013 - 8:52

ZeroJones wrote:
How fascinating: your experience with those particular Quarter Pounders with Cheese has altered your review score. Just out of interest - not nerdiness, no sirree - what would you have scored a correctly made one?
Wow, good question... Shocked 

70% I think.
Pros: Yummy; didn't have to cook it myself; convenient.
Cons: I feel kinda weird afterwards, and I know it's ful of crap stuff that wouldn't be as poisonous if I went to Sainsbury's and purchases a brown bap, grilling steak, cheddar cheese and salad and put them together.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 16:33

Digestives (Milk and Dark) with a Cuppa

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 1540343023_cd306517bc_m

Pros:
  • Contains chocolate.
  • I don't know why the melding of the tea and the biscuit works so well.  It just does.
  • Keeps you awake and not hungry until dinner.
  • Jenners teabag used.  Classy.
  • Capable of distracting boring topics over on CVG.

Cons:
  • In the Pantheon of biscuits, Digestives aren't all that.  Even with tea, I'd rather have a bourbon.
  • Some crumbs dropped into the liquid, which is never good.

84%
Good tea, decent biscuit that gets better in tea, but it's never going to scale the heights of Mt. Biscopolis.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 22:28

Balladeer wrote:
Digestives (Milk and Dark) with a Cuppa
84%
THIS SHOULD HAV GOT 95 PERECNT I WILL KILL YOUR FAMLIY
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 23:31

BREAKING NEWS: London family butchered, found coated in what appears to be dark chocolate digestive crumbs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 23:34

JayMoyles wrote:
BREAKING NEWS: London family butchered, found coated in what appears to be dark chocolate digestive crumbs.
I guess they... shouldn't have accepted cookies.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 23:36

I would have also accepted "I guess that's just... how the cookie crumbles".
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 12:13

I'm presuming from the block caps. and misspellings that Jimbob was channelling the rowdy spirit of CVG Article Comments?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 23:20

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 Burger-King-1551962

Burger King Cheeseburger with fries and coke

I hadn't been to Burger King in ages- I'm a big KFC fan and hit the D all the time. But there's a prevailing idea that it is the secondary fast food burger joint to Maccy D's, so I never really went. But I went to Yeovil the other day to give evidence at court at me and my boss went for lunch after and there was only a Burger King. It was actually great!

Pros
Real nice, chunky fries. More like real chips.
Thick, tasty beef.
Lots of cheese.

Cons
No greenery. No lettuce, no gherkin, no relish, no sauce. Just bread and cheese and beef.
Its not mcdonalds. In most ways, it was ostensibly better than mcdonalds, but itjust doesn't get the ol' nostalgia glands firing in the same way.

70%
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 23:32

Aside from the "no sauce" part you just described a load of pros as cons.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 23:33

Balladeer wrote:
I'm presuming from the block caps. and misspellings that Jimbob was channelling the rowdy spirit of CVG Article Comments?
Or just Twitter threats.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2013 - 0:45

Quote :
Real nice, chunky fries. More like real chips.
Burger King Fries are the best out of any fast food place, also I prefer BK to McDonald's it just isn't as greasy.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2013 - 1:15

Buskalilly wrote:
Its not mcdonalds. In most ways, it was ostensibly better than mcdonalds, but itjust doesn't get the ol' nostalgia glands firing in the same way.
I agree with this- McD's strikes me as- and I know I'm using this word catastrophically wrongly- 'classier' than BK. Their restaraunt decor is sort of restrained enough to be like IKEA-cool: not 'proper' cool, but enough like it to the layperson. Burger King looks like it's trying too hard to be a 50's US diner as described by someone who'd only ever seen one in a cartoon.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2013 - 10:02

treesmurf11 wrote:
Aside from the "no sauce" part you just described a load of pros as cons.
I don't want a burger to overflow with lettuce, but you need a few bits and bobs in there otherwise it gets boring half way through. That's why I love the KFC bad boys with hash browns and all sorts in there.

beemoh wrote:

I agree with this- McD's strikes me as- and I know I'm using this word catastrophically wrongly- 'classier' than BK. Their restaraunt decor is sort of restrained enough to be like IKEA-cool: not 'proper' cool, but enough like it to the layperson. Burger King looks like it's trying too hard to be a 50's US diner as described by someone who'd only ever seen one in a cartoon.
I'm not even sure my McDonald's love is based on anything that logical. I'm just used to my day food tasting like that, and bk was different. Also, McDonald's has insane brand dominance, like coca cola.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2013 - 23:08

Good example with the has brown, as long as the bits and bobs aren't vegatables then go nuts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome
Page 14 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next