We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome

Go down 
+28
Athrun888
Rum
Gwyn400
Crumpy Andy
nupkin
awesomedude
Buskalilly
Santa Claus
The Cappuccino Kid
SuperPaperLink
Jimbob
ShadoWolf
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
beemoh
ZeroJones
Dusty Knackers
spacemanDOUG
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
Admin
shanks
mandlecreed
The_Jaster
Fancy Fancy
Balladeer
fronkhead
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 21:44

I promised that I'd review my E3 snack choice:

Sensations: Mexican Fiery Sweet Chipotle

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 Walkers-MexicanFierySweetCh

Up:

• It's Sensations.  They're brilliant.
  • Pretentious name. (Could be filed under the above.)
  • Not the goat's cheese flavour, thank God.

Down:

• Pretentious name.
  • Not actually terribly fiery, or terribly sweet.  Bet they weren't made in Mexico either.
  • Too many of them for one person to eat in one evening.  I had to put the remainder back into the packet for later.
  • The particular packet I partook of was well past sell-by date.  Didn't affect the taste, but there's a placebo effect there.  The ones left in the packet, of course, are now getting even older, and the packet's open.
  • Not as good as Thai Sweet Chilli, or Roasted Chicken and Thyme, or Caramelised Onion and Balsamic Vinegar.

All around:
Sensations are the Mario platformer of crisps: what you get is going to be at best a work of crisp-art, and at worst not as good as you'd hoped.  These are SM3DL.

72%
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 8:25

At least you had the willpower not to eat them all. I struggled through the last chunk of my Doritos and felt awful for the next day.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 9:15

I ate all mine kettle chips which are better then sensation which seem muh to me for what they are. Surely tyrell crisps are the best though.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 11:17

I had those Sweet Chipotle crisps during the Brazil match. Thought they were all right for £2 with a dip.

masofdas wrote:
Surely tyrell crisps are the best though.

Christ, I'd forgotten about the veggie and beetroot ones. Bloody hell.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 19:07

Tyrells are king for me, at least the cheese and onion ones, which have the perfect amount of crunchiness to them without tasting burnt, and such amazing flavour.

That being said I am a sucker for the less natural crisps, every once a year I go for Pringles and regret it after I mindlessly binge on an entire can one evening and wake up with such incredible thirst the morning after. I predict this exact event to happen next in June 2015.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 19:19

fronkhead wrote:
That being said I am a sucker for the less natural crisps, every once a year I go for Pringles and regret it after I mindlessly binge on an entire can one evening and wake up with such incredible thirst the morning after. I predict this exact event to happen next in June 2015.

IMO, the second greatest invention of the last century (the first being frozen Greggs) were the small cans of Pringles.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 1:06

Waitrose Garlic Croutons

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 LN_038679_BP_11

I was really hungry whilst I was out so I popped into a nearby Waitrose in search of snacks and discounted sandwiches and fruit, but I came across these. And they are pretty good approximations of garlic bread and croutons.

You get tonnes in each bag, and they are beautifully seasoned, though admittedly a bit too strong on the garlic. So if you're not a fan of garlic bread, steer clear. But otherwise pretty good, and something different in an age where we see the same snack types being reiterated by different name brands.

beemoh wrote:
fronkhead wrote:

IMO, the second greatest invention of the last century (the first being frozen Greggs) were the small cans of Pringles.

I'd buy them a lot more if they weren't so expensive: when I can get these huge cans at special offers from the local supermarket I just can't justify the small cans. Even though I know they are better for me. Bit like this time when I saw 1 litre of Yazoo for £1, next to 440 ml for ~£1.20.

But yes, smart rationing of such an addictive snack there.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Jun 2014 - 22:18

fronkhead wrote:
Waitrose Garlic Croutons

I'm gonna ask this, and I apologise... those are actually a snack, right? They're not just to put on a salad?

Sorry
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyTue 17 Jun 2014 - 14:07

Jimbob wrote:
fronkhead wrote:
Waitrose Garlic Croutons

I'm gonna ask this, and I apologise... those are actually a snack, right? They're not just to put on a salad?

Sorry

Yep, found at the crisps section. They aren't too similar to croutons once you open them up, they look more like mini garlic bread slices and are a lot more dense and cost less. The back of the packet describes them well when it calls them mini slices of fried bread seasoned with a garlic seasoning.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 16:40

Killie Pie

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 Killie-pie-as-the-treble-dies

Pros:

Impressively full - this is jam-packed (though not with jam, ya daft c**t)
Massive chunks of tender steak
Brilliant pepper seasoning
Big, thick pastry
Love the steak sauce

Cons:

Not convinced about those cooking instructions

92%

This is the real deal - it's reputation is well deserved. Honest to God, I've been to football games where this has been the highlight. One of Scottish football's greats. If you've got an Aldi near you, see if they've got them in.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 18:51

I don't eat pies often, but that looks delicious. What's the pastry like in general, though I'm glad to hear it's thick, do like a bit of pastry with every bite.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 19:50

ooh I will definitely need to try one of those.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 20:21

I have a shop almost opposite me named "Piebury Corner" (you know, like Highbury...?). Should probably go down there at some point. Despite my attitude towards football, I do like its traditional food.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014 - 16:50

KFC Carnival Box thing £5.99

So for my £6 I got:
Drink of Pepsi which was good 8/10.
Fries which were a bit muh, so used quite a bit of salt on them 5/10.
Popcorn Chicken, why does this taste so different to the rest of the chicken and wasn't a fan 4/10.
A chicken strip which was nice and used to dip in my Rio BBQ sauce, 7/10 strip the sauce tasted like normal BBQ sauce but I like BBQ sauce 6/10.
The Burger which had a weird sauce on it but was nice but seemed small compared to other burgers 6/10.
There was also a side I had coleslaw which was okay 6/10.

overall 42/70, so not great
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014 - 19:20

Quote :
The Burger which had a weird sauce on it

Mayonnaise?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014 - 19:25

Nope it was orange must be something meant to Brazilian.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014 - 19:27

It could be mayo mixed with spices hence the colour.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014 - 21:25

Pukka Pie at the Game
Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 Ipswich+pie
Oooh, nothing like a pie at half time. Normally I've been drinking for the best part of the day by this point, and its just warm enough to fight off the cold and just enough pastry to soak up the beers and just enough meat to be proper tasty. Lovely jubbly.
10/10

Pukka Pie cooked at home
Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 Pukka+pies
Of course, one can buy a Pukka Pie and cook it at home in the oven but it's never quite the same. It ends up a bit raw in the middle or a bit burned on top and of course it never tastes quite as nice as the ones you get at the chippy or the match.
7/10
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014 - 1:51

Nature Valley Oats and Honey Granola Bar

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 Nature-Valley-Oats-n-Honey-Bars-8

Better than expected. They are crunchy, unlike a flapjack, but aren't as dry as you'd expect when you eat them. Otherwise not too much to say: it's pretty much a honey porridge in a bar, but the ratio of honey to oats seems to be right on. Simple, yes, but still tasty.

8/10
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyWed 2 Jul 2014 - 16:11

Marks and Spencer Mini Poppadoms

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 Ms-ethnic3

Pros:

Light and crispy, like a poppadom should be
None too salty, like a poppadom should be
Bite-sized for sharing, like a poppadom should be

Cons:

Nothing like a poppadom
A subtle taste, yet to the point I question if there is one

51%

The most boring thing I've ever eaten.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyWed 2 Jul 2014 - 16:15

I enjoyed seeing Stuart Lee take the piss out of crisps last week. I wonder when we'll see him give the same treatment to any Muslim snacks. On the politically correct bbc, it seems, there is one rule for crisps and quite another for them little poppadom things you get in Marks and Spencer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyWed 2 Jul 2014 - 17:54

Just found out Belgium does a Toblerone McFlurry.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 10:47

Golden Parsnip, Sweet Potato & Beetroot Kettle Chips

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 PackShot150

Pros:

• Slightly healthy.

Cons:

• Taste like desiccated goat testicle shavings.

Crisps are supposed to taste great, dammit! I literally shuddered with horror after a couple of handfuls of these. Avoid.

27%
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 10:48

"Desiccated goat testicle shavings" sounds like a Caribbean delicacy.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 EmptyThu 31 Jul 2014 - 23:20

Dairylea Cheese Slice(s)

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 MJNxZ3u

Pros:

Individual wrapped for lazy c**ts like me
Good source of calcium, making me look like Lou Ferrigno at his bodybuilding peak

Cons:

Just not the same as eating grilled cheese
Or grated cheese
Or smelly cheese
Or creamy cheese
Or eating actual cheese

57%

I'm reviewing sliced cheese on a video game forum at half eleven at night. I need to reassess my life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome   Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Snacks! Reviews/'reviews' welcome
Page 18 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next