We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloodborne (Out now)

Go down 
+6
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
masofdas
beemoh
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 15:39

I still wonder if the co-op works like it does in dark souls as in you are only there to help folk through a certain area or with bosses or is it more open than that? I did spy a fog door in that trailer when the 3 characters are taking on that boss which morphed into a werewolf so it might be.

If it is I'm fine with that but I at least hope it's easier to summon people from your friends list than it was in Souls.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 17:05

Double post Razz

New screenshots & info on the chalice dungeons feature.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/18/new-bloodborne-screens-detail-chalice-dungeons/

I love that you will be able to share your dungeon with people not only in multiplayer but also upload it for people to that may want to tackle it by themselves.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 30 Jan 2015 - 16:28

Sorry not sorry about the triple post. Razz As here's more on the chalice dungeons.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/30/might-playing-bloodborne-long-long-time-2/
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 30 Jan 2015 - 16:41

Sounds interesting
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015 - 22:09

Part of IGNs firsts, showing of the weapons.

I like the look of the sword whip
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 2:48

Aye the cane whip does looks nice (there was a similar weapon in DSII even though it had less range) but I also love the look of the sword/hammer combo.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyMon 9 Mar 2015 - 17:38

Double post Razz

So the co-op and PvP sounds pretty much the same as the souls games although it doesn't seem like bloodborne co-op has the restrictions that the souls games have.

http://www.godisageek.com/2015/03/sony-details-bloodborne-multiplayer-features/

EDIT: It seems I was pretty much correct about the no restrictions to co-op as you can summon folk from you psn friend list using a codeword system otherwise it works the same way as the Souls games. (Matchmaking based on your level in the game)

Invading peoples game hasn't changed.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 Mar 2015 - 22:09

For Jas
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptySat 21 Mar 2015 - 17:24

oooh that is nice! Shame they aren't available from the UK site.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 14:28

Don't they ship to the UK

Any how seen reviews dropping and a few playing, yeah it seems Sony has delivered on the greatness awaits finally with some reviews saying you have to play this game it's that good.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 2:32

So I played about 4 - 5 hours of this earlier, I've bumped into 2 bosses already and I can't defeat either of them. DAMN YOU! I think I'm still struggling a tad with the new-ish way you have to dodge incoming attacks & I think my weapon (Threaded Cane) isn't good enough for bosses yet.

Overall the game is great so far though.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 7:20

I've taken down the Cleric Beast so far and I'm enjoying it. Screw fighting those wolf things on the other end of the bridge though. I was fighting them repeatedly for ages and could just about kill one. Really not sure I understand the counter/trick weapons yet, which certainly doesn't help.

Finally I was making some progress, plenty of tough fights in a row and then I screwed up against 2 lanky bastards that should've been easy. Gah.

Èdit: I picked the axe, because axes are good.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 8:14

andyman949 wrote:

As a Maths teacher, I can only agree that axes are good!

*leaves thread, never to return*
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 9:21

Started last night knowing that I wouldn't get much time to play it in till the weekend and then I'm halfway through Type-0, that I'm likely just continue on with that.

But I what have played so far has been fun.  I started with the cane and lone survivor. Started all good then I decide to fight the big dude by the gate at the start whom I almost killed first go but then it was a few deaths in a row that I started the game again.

Same set up and I got to the bit where if I go straight on I can go into the sewer where I know there's a weapon to pick up. So went down there was doing fine then some tall lanky dude just put spear right through my neck one hit one kill losing about 5000 echoes.

The other way was a bridge with some werewolves like at the very start on it,  I'm guessing that's the actual way to go.

But not sure about starting again and try the cleaver & be more careful with the route I go,  so I don't lose all the echoes again but I have plenty of equipment at the moment though.

But I do like the cane as I can stay back as just wipe it and kills normal guys easy but that dude by the gate for instance it was doing about 12 damage if I was lucky that knowing the boss is going to much tougher, that the cleaver might be the better choice for me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 14:09

andyman949 wrote:
I've taken down the Cleric Beast so far and I'm enjoying it. Screw fighting those wolf things on the other end of the bridge though. I was fighting them repeatedly for ages and could just about kill one. Really not sure I understand the counter/trick weapons yet, which certainly doesn't help.

Finally I was making some progress, plenty of tough fights in a row and then I screwed up against 2 lanky bastards that should've been easy. Gah.

Molotovs work quite well on those werewolves but aye fuck fighting them without them, the counter works the same way as parry in DS you have to interrupt an incoming attack with a shotgun blast.

---

I have now taken down the cleric beast also though with help from a couple of summons, this was a last resort as I tried many different tactics before that.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 16:51

I'm watching a playthrough of this on YouTube (EpicNameBro's, for any interested) and I'm supremely jealous of you all. Nearly everything about it looks fantastic - its gothic/cosmic horror aesthetic, how it's faster mechanically than Souls, the level design... I wish I could play it, but I wasn't going to shell out hundreds of pounds for a console to play one game. Aww!

On another note, apparently the loading times are shockingly bad in this - is that the case? I've heard a patch is incoming for it, thankfully.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 17:40

There not great but nothing too serious worry about.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 18:03

I really do love how different the combat feels but at the same time still really familiar for those who have played the Souls games, and aye the loading times are quite bad but they do let you cool down after a frustrating death. Winky Face It would have been nice if the item descriptions were there to read instead of the standard logo for the game.

Anyhow boss number two (Father Gascoigne) is down, when making my way to him I made sure to practice my gunshot parry/riposte especially on the big chaps and I have to say it paid off for the battle and it also gained me plenty of healing items as well so it seems running past enemies to get to a boss isn't advised.

I'm currently stuck at a tough section in Old Yharnam.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 18:12

The drop rates on blood vials seems ridiculous, so I guess you are intended to take out enemies instead of avoiding them.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 18:19

I think that's on purpose as they don't replenish after you die and you can still find yourself short in certain situations, so it's either kill enemies for them or use precious blood echoes to buy them.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 18:23

It's a really clever design choice - in Souls, you could feasibly bypass a lot of enemies and make it to the next bonfire, whereas in Bloodborne you're either forced to engage with the enemies and git gud casul, or you're going to be severely limited in your progress.

Relevant image.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 18:50

Absolutely! Another change that feeds into that and one I love is that enemies can consume your blood echoes when you die and the only way to get them back is kill the enemy that has them. Thumbs Up!

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 19:53

Ah, I wondered why I got some back from killing enemies. That makes sense now.
I think I phrased my counter fails a bit wrong. I understand when, I just don't quite get the timing on it, plus I was shit at parrying in DS...
As for the vials it's a bit odd, I've been down to about 4 vials and found it really hard to replenish them for a while.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 21:25

I think certain enemies have been set to drop certain items, there's one wheelchair bound guy in central yharnam that always gives out 4 quicksilver bullets for example and as for parrying I'm ok at it but it's something I'd say it's essential to learn due to the lack of shields.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 Mar 2015 - 22:41

A tip, by the way - even if you're full on blood vials and bullets, still pick them up! They go to your storage box, which would be handy if there's ever a difficult spot later in the game.

On another note, I really hate hearing the noises those crow enemies make. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bloodborne (Out now)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: Nontendo-
Jump to: