We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?

Go down 
+10
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
The_Jaster
Rum
JayMoyles
Zaphod_B
Balladeer
Athrun888
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? Empty
PostSubject: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptyFri 6 Jun 2014 - 12:29

Video game related channels are some of the biggest channels on youtube, with such a large number of personalities producing videos odds are you've at the least seen some gaming videos on youtube.  So, what and who do you follow?  

I myself don't follow many, but I do have several.  First is Shofu, well known among pokemon circles.  Next up is the game theorists, always good for some fun edutainment.  And finally there's Etika who I stumbled upon a while back when someone posted a video of his during a discussion of the attack on titan tribute game. There are a few others I sometimes have a browse of their channels but haven't subbed to, but those are the gaming channels I've subbed to.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptyFri 6 Jun 2014 - 15:27

SmoothMcGroove, a.k.a. Videogame Music Jesus.

Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptyFri 6 Jun 2014 - 23:04

I've followed some famous ones like TotalBiscuit and Yogscast before, but I quickly bore of most channels due to the nature of how they make a living from it: repeating the most popular thing daily. I like Scott Manley, he does that with Kerbal, but the occasional Lunar Image Recovery video makes it worth it (I'm a big Space Nerd).
Not delivered via You Tubes, but I really, really like (and follow) Shut Up & Sit Down. It's a board game show, now website, started as a hobby thing by video game journos Quintin Smith and Paul Dean, with some other vidya game reviewing mates. It's entertaining in a BBC-y way, and it's funded by subscribers and donations, so has a lovely free wheeling quality to it. You need to have at least a passing interest in board gaming though!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptySat 7 Jun 2014 - 11:54

Jesus, a lot. Some recommendations would have to be JonTron, Satchbag (probably the most intelligent games reviewer I've seen on YouTube), VaatiVidya if you're into the Souls series and Totalbiscuit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptySat 7 Jun 2014 - 13:11

Is JonTron still going? He's hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptySat 7 Jun 2014 - 16:06

I've watched a lot of Video Games Awesome (the channel's called farfromsubtle), and it's incredibly patchy. The host, Fraser, is inherently unlikeable and does a lot of trolling, but his girlfriend Becky (with whom he presents the show) is fun, and makes really awesome costumes for them to wear when they're doing a playthrough. They also do multiplayer sessions with their friends Ben, Kyle and Deacon, and those are pretty good, mostly because the four of them who aren't Fraser can be pretty funny.

Funnily enough the channel started off with a series called Awesome Video Games that actually starred only Ben, Kyle and Deacon and was made by Fraser i.e. you never actually had to see Fraser in them (apart from once or twice). It was really good and I enjoyed it a lot. Shame they won't return to that setup.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptySat 7 Jun 2014 - 16:26

Balladeer wrote:
Is JonTron still going?  He's hilarious.

He is indeed! He went for a long period without posting anything, but he's posting semi-regularly again.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptySun 8 Jun 2014 - 2:04

Here's a few I like:

Teamworkcast for weekly (usually) Monster Hunter video podcasts, they also have a Dark souls series going as well & some board game related videos.

The craziness that is videogamedunkey.

VanossGaming for his GTA V & G mod videos.

& last but not least The Runaway Guys for Nintendo related stuff. (though I haven't watched them in a while)
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptySun 8 Jun 2014 - 2:37

This thread continues to show that I'm weird for pretty much not watching anything online.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptySun 8 Jun 2014 - 7:44

I'm with you there Beemoh, I just don't get along with watching games on YouTube and the majority of videos being American nerds with horrible voices puts me right off. I enjoy ONMs stuff though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptySun 8 Jun 2014 - 9:13

Expert Super Guide is pretty funny. I'm with you in that American Let's Play-ers nark me right off - I still don't understand how CHUGGAAAAAAAAA COOOOOOONROOOOOOOY is as popular as he is. Neutral 
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptySun 8 Jun 2014 - 13:32

Did You Know Gaming? is the only one I check regularly. I'll occasionally see what The Angry Videogame Nerd is up to as well - he seems to have gone back to what made him popular rather than harping on about horror films and such. I followed Game Grumps for a while after JayMoyles referred me to a brilliant video they did with Grant Kirkhope, but haven't seen anything they've done in yonks.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptySun 8 Jun 2014 - 14:04

Balladeer wrote:
I still don't understand how CHUGGAAAAAAAAA COOOOOOONROOOOOOOY is as popular as he is. Neutral 

He's comprehensive and a proper Nintendo fan, which is a rare sight on YouTube. Whilst I find his humour to be hit and miss, I watch his stuff because he covers absolutely everything in a game. His Kid Icarus Uprising playthrough even went as far as to cover every VR card that was released.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I followed Game Grumps for a while after JayMoyles referred me to a brilliant video they did with Grant Kirkhope, but haven't seen anything they've done in yonks.

They've went down in quality - JonTron left and his replacement isn't as consistently funny as Jon was. Still a good watch though now and then.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptySun 8 Jun 2014 - 22:22

I feel I have to add that only watch YouTube stuff when I have absolutely nothing else to do.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptyMon 9 Jun 2014 - 13:24

None. The most common reason for me to go onto YouTube for gaming purposes is to look up how to do something, with preview videos being a distant second.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptySun 13 Mar 2016 - 20:35

I've been getting into YouTube gaming channels over the last few months, and I've come across a few that I quite like.

Game Sack
Classic Game Room
MetalJesusRocks

These are three of my favourites. It's not the usually shouty, sweary, Top Ten nonsense that everybody else seems to be doing, these are quite light-hearted but presented by knowledgable, informative people. Game Sack especially - it's just very easy to watch, and I recommend it to everybody.

I'm always looking for other suggestions - does anybody here have any that they'd want to share?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptySun 13 Mar 2016 - 21:54

I've been watching a fair bit of two/super best friends play over the last few months or so I think you'd especially enjoy their RustleMania series where they play a bunch of different wrestling games, be ready for Simpsons quotes and a odd obsession about Chris Benoit.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSw1tcher/videos
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptySun 13 Mar 2016 - 22:54

Classic Game Room is excellent Cappa - a recommendation from me too. Thumbs Up!

Matthewmatosis is worth a watch - intelligent fellow, but updates very rarely. Here's him covering PS1 ball puzzler Kula World.

Super Bunnyhop's in a similar vein to Matthewmatosis. Clever and comprehensive videos - here's his retrospective on the first level in every mainline Sonic game.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptyMon 14 Mar 2016 - 15:29

I think I have pretty similar taste to yourself, Cappa; I like the AVGN and Did You Know, but dislike most youtubers.

Obvious answer is obvious: VideoGamer are the best professional outlet at the moment, giving solid, interesting criticism and hilarious nonsense.
I also like Jim Sterling now that I've gotten over my initial irritation at his voice.

The only other ones I follow are Bitsocket and Cool Ghosts because they make fun videos with opinions I agree with, Tamashii and JWittz because they concentrate on Pokémon, and UpUpDownDown because it's fun seeing WWE Superstars play/ talk about games.

Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptyMon 14 Mar 2016 - 15:46

Still just Yahtzee, Sterling, and Smooth McGroove from me. I've gone off Jontron a bit, sadly, after the whole "retard" fiasco. Messy and unnecessary. He's still a very funny man though. Also, add Egoraptor to the list of loud sweary unfunny Americans (sorry but they generally are) whose YouTube stuff I don't understand the popularity of.

I listened to my first AVGN episode ever recently, off the back of Cappa's Hong Kong '97 music video (dear Lord). It's alright, better than I thought he'd be from his reputation (see above).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptyMon 14 Mar 2016 - 17:42

James Rolfe is a film buff first, so AVGN is always well - shot and entertaining. I remember being ludicrously excited for the feature film and it did not disappoint.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 12:59

Big fan of MetalJesusRocks, he's such a likeable chap! Feels like he is always learning more about games and is open to newcomers.

I also enjoy Glenn Plant's N64 channel and I tend to watch IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat on Youtube too.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 13:01

I also found NVC to be so dull and boring out of the IGN Podcast's.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 13:05

masofdas wrote:
I also found NVC to be so dull and boring out of the IGN Podcast's.

Yeah it's not the best (Jose Otero irritates me) but it's the only one I know that is weekly and Nintendo-centric. I've started watching Game Scoop on IGN too recently - Jared Petty is awesome.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 13:13

Jared is awesome, in Kinda Funny's facebook groups etc people always want him on or to join the Kinda Funny team and is the last sort of real decent person at IGN.

I don't mind Jose, I find Peer to be the dullest man ever to appear on anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?   YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow? Empty

Back to top Go down

YouTube Gaming Channels, what do you follow?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next