We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)

Go down 
+14
The Cappuccino Kid
Zaphod_B
Buskalilly
Sentinator
fronkhead
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Vidofnir
beemoh
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
masofdas
Balladeer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Oct 2014 - 14:45

Same here, so cute! I'm genuinely excited about this after that trailer, and there's a lot more variety to the level setups (and enemies) than what the levels in 3D World offered. Real shame it's out next year for us.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyTue 4 Nov 2014 - 1:25

With Smash Bros being out soon I'm actually quite happy this has got delayed, it'll be the Tropical Freeze of 2015 for me, a great way to start the gaming year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 13:48

8 Minutes of gameplay from the start, it's looking good.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 20:13

I didn't watch all of that for spoiler reasons, but, basically, SOLD - just the intro was enough really. And I normally hate "level-ly puzzlers" (i.e. games where you have to press 3 or 4 buttons, wait 30 seconds, fail, start again).
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014 - 9:00

I'm already sold. Don't need to see the video - don't even need to see a review, probably. Sold beyond all redemption.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014 - 11:41

Yup, me too. I actually had to look away during the Nintendo Direct when they decided to show us every single level of the game. Whatever happened to pleasant surprises?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Nov 2014 - 19:12

If you've got save data of SM3DW then bonus stages will unlock on Toad, which look great.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Dec 2014 - 19:36

This seems to be getting mostly 8s around the place, with CVG giving it a 7.

I know that I shouldn't be upset about this, but with some claiming that the game is uninventive, repetitive, and even dull in places (none of which are "qualities" I expect from most Ninty franchises, NSMB notwithstanding), I can't help but be a little underwhelmed.

I also feel a bit sorry for Captain Toad himself. Spore guy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Dec 2014 - 20:14

Thing is a 8 is decent if places are giving that and we know there's over 70 levels if you've played SM3DW, you can only do so much with a character that can't jump whose objective is get the star at then end by moving the map around. I can see why some might be find it restive but at £29.99 I'm not going to complain.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Dec 2014 - 20:23

I was hoping that it would prove me wrong but this is what I feared. The score seems to get bumped up for cuteness alone and that simply won't do it for me. I'll give this a pass unless it drops to about 10-15.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Dec 2014 - 20:25

You be waiting a long time for that,
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Dec 2014 - 20:29

andyman949 wrote:
I was hoping that it would prove me wrong but this is what I feared. The score seems to get bumped up for cuteness alone and that simply won't do it for me. I'll give this a pass unless it drops to about 10-15.

BUT WOOK AT HIS WITTLE FAAAAAYYYYCE!

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 90bd36959eda2c870965795baba1fbd7
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Dec 2014 - 23:27

Consider me sold. http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/01/captain-toad-treasure-tracker-review-ready-for-adventure-4969621/
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 0:48

I'm sure it'll sell for a little less than the £30 RRP in some places which already seems like a good enough deal for me so consider me a buyer and that's based on what little I've seen of it.
Back to top Go down
Zaphod_B
Wonderful
Zaphod_B

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 9:23

Not glowing reviews, but there's been repeated complaints about things that don't matter to me (not sure why everyone was expecting co-op, maybe it's the 3D World styling), so I'm taking reviews with a pinch o salt. Plus, I was never not goign to get it after they dropped the adorabomb in that trailer!

I will temper my expectations mind, never good to hear something with such puzzle potential ends up feeling uninspired Sad

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 16:21

Balladeer wrote:
Spore guy.
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_n9vkup55TW1qcwjy8
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 19:50

Stuck in that awkward limbo between 'good' and 'great'? Not quite what I was expecting, but it seems like a decent experiment and a semi-new franchise. It might get bought, if I can clear some of my accursed backlog.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 19:22

This is now out Monday well in GAME at least, the official date is still Jan second and I've heard nothing from ShopTo saying it's been brought with them.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 2:13

Must be some sort of deal they have going on right now after they brought this week's Amiibos forward too. It's got me tempted but I've already pre ordered with Shopto and I'd feel bad cancelling after I cancelled my Smash Bros order with them, plus I've got plenty of games on the go at the moment anyway.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 10:29

I'm actually pretty happy to get it in the New Year. There'd be a point in getting it early if it came out before Chrimbo, but I'll be mostly busy with family stuff (and Smash) in the New Year gap anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 11:07

The amiibo they just put out early if they got them in, there still not arriving to the 19th if ordered online. It wasn't a deal.

But the info I've got on Toad is the reason it's now coming early is because of Xmas & New Year which kinda makes sense if it's out the 2nd of Jan that shipping might be a issue with Royal Mail etc stopping for a few days. That shipping the game tomorrow for Monday is the earliest / latest that I could be shipped.

I contacted ShopTo via twitter whom replied saying there looking into it and when they might ship the game due to the holidays.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 22:30

Double Post

Seems ShopTo are dispatching this for Monday.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 11:47

I'd love to pick this up now, but I've managed my finances with the expectation of a release in the new year, so that's not happening.

Looking forward to reading everyone's impressions, though, this really does look charming. Even reading posts about it on the rest of the internet reveals that there will be many surprises.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Dec 2014 - 19:33

I ordered this from shopto because of the dispatch by Monday thing (well, watching the trailer on the site convinced me the most) however out of habit I hit free shipping (not DPD) so probably won't get it by Monday.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Dec 2014 - 17:22

GAME, HMV and Games Centre in the nearest town were selling this early, but the latter two had sold out by noon and GAME were selling it for £34.99 (but have since sold out, as I phoned to ask). My pre-order is with ShopTo - they don't appear to be dispatching anything else until December 29th, so it looks like I'll be lucky to get this for the New Year.

Baws.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next