We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)

Go down 
+14
The Cappuccino Kid
Zaphod_B
Buskalilly
Sentinator
fronkhead
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Vidofnir
beemoh
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
masofdas
Balladeer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptySat 31 Jan 2015 - 18:02

I've just reached the aforementioned bait-and-switch you mentioned above, ZJ. You'd have thought they'd learn after the first turkey incident...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptySun 1 Feb 2015 - 9:07

THE AMAZING PREDICTO SAYS: if Toadette isn't Smash Bros. DLC this year, I'll eat my hat.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 12:23

The Pixel Toad hunt is cute but the appeal drains quickly. This is in no way to do with the fact that I spent ages looking for it on only the seventh level last night. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 14:13

I stopped after the 8th level when I tried mine the other day, it did seem like they were making it bit more difficult by having pixel Toad jump by a frame of a window.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyWed 25 Mar 2015 - 21:00

I'm not going to bother with this. Having seen the Cat Mario Show (Meow meow meow!) the pixel Luigi thing has got so out of hand in the previous Mario games, I'd probably use a walkthrough. For no gain.

Just finished this: Loved it - didn't outstay its welcome, and I think some of the reviews were a bit harsh.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 23:20

Thought we were getting a sequel for a few golden seconds. I’ll settle for an enhanced port...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 23:31

I might as well keep this image bookmarked.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 RJfsh4R
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 23:55

Definitely seen that there's new levels in there but I reckon it might not be enough to make me re-buy it but for those who haven't this is a fun little puzzle game. Smile
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 0:05

It's a cute little game, and probably really well suited to handheld play. Like Tropical Freeze, not something I'll buy again but well worth picking up for the likes of Jay and the other 6 billion people who never owned a Wii U.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 6:04

Think I might go for it again, didn't play enough of the original so there should be a bit here for me. Budget release though?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 6:35

I'm sticking with the Wii U version, but I'm interested to see how it pans out on Switch - there were a lot of GamePad elements that (you'd have thought) couldn't be replicated on another console.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 9:34

See this I am keen on as new levels are great and is something that will be fun in handheld mode but like Cappa interested in how the GamePad elements will work now.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 11:27

Was there that much? Wasn't it just using it to tilt around the level and seeing it from different perspectives. That's all totally possible in handheld and the controls have giros for tilting anyway.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 14:02

I've literally just played this on Wii U so not sure ill double dip. The only concern I have with the switch version is a few levels do have touch controls so how you do that in dock im not sure!

Hopefully this will do well enough for a full sequel!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 20:12

Jimbob wrote:
THE AMAZING PREDICTO SAYS: if Toadette isn't Smash Bros. DLC this year, I'll eat my hat.

THE AMAZING PREDICTO GOBBLES TOPPER! Full story page 2.

Anyway, I think this'll feel like the best fit on the 3DS, oddly: it's the right size, and I reckon that's where it'll feel most puzzle-box-y. On the Switch, where I'm more likely to play it... I think the SMO levels would need to be half the game. Otherwise, it was cute at the time, but with all the other brilliant games flying around, not worth picking up for more than budget price on Switch.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 21:53

EofGizmo wrote:
I've literally just played this on Wii U so not sure ill double dip. The only concern I have with the switch version is a few levels do have touch controls so how you do that in dock im not sure!

Hopefully this will do well enough for a full sequel!

The IR sensor then press a button maybe?
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 21:59

I think that would a solid work around for sure. Only other idea I'd have is an on screen cursor or toggling between each touch object with a trigger or something and then having a button press.

It's an interesting problem to solve!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 22:37

Balladeer wrote:

Anyway, I think this'll feel like the best fit on the 3DS, oddly: it's the right size, and I reckon that's where it'll feel most puzzle-box-y.

I think it's a game that'll feel right at home in handheld mode, especially if there's going to be some gyro-controlled jiggery pokery going on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyFri 9 Mar 2018 - 22:48

JayMoyles wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

Anyway, I think this'll feel like the best fit on the 3DS, oddly: it's the right size, and I reckon that's where it'll feel most puzzle-box-y.

I think it's a game that'll feel right at home in handheld mode, especially if there's going to be some gyro-controlled jiggery pokery going on.

That's why I'm still getting on Switch and playing undocked.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyThu 23 Sep 2021 - 8:28

Almost done with this version, and it will be the first time I've actually beaten the whole game!

No major criticisms from me apart from:

1) Maybe one more nudge towards the screen with the zoom options. Some scenarios look tiny in handheld mode, particularly in more intricate stages.

2) The touchscreen "wheel" for rotating objects is FECKING ENORMOUS and can completely obstruct your view.

Otherwise, I would love to see a full-blown sequel to this game, and hopefully it having a Switch outing may have justified the money they sunk into the original code.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 16:24

I couldn't get round to getting the Switch version, even though there's a lot of new stuff in there; but I really have fond memories of it, and I agree, I think a sequel would be ace! It's simple enough that they could probably add 1 additional "idea" and make it a fresh experience.

And maybe Keegan Michael Key as the voice, like in the movie (Would Jordan Peele be Toadette?)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 18:14

Feel like we’ve been hanging around for a Captain Toad sequel for way too long. It’s for all those reasons Stu and Jimbob bring up. With the first game as it's archetype, most of the money has surely been spent, most of the development has surely been done, and all it would take is more of the same but with a couple of new ideas to justify it. There’s not been a Nintendo Direct in about half a decade where I’ve not hoped for and honestly expected Captain Toad Treasure Tracker 2.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 20:53

Yes. Same. All of this. It'd fill a little gap in the mid-year drought nicely, and surely couldn't take a lot of extra work. Mah-moh!
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 8:30

I beatended this while I was on a trip away last week, and I enjoyed my time with it. I was pretty much done with it by then end though - even though I am a hair's breadth away from having all the gubbins 100% collected. May go back and spend that last couple of hours finishing up when I've had a rest. One of those experience best dipped in and out of, I'd say.

Maybe I'll see how the 3DS version stacks up if that sequel remains elusive. I have it but haven't picked it up thus far.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 EmptyWed 6 Oct 2021 - 13:58

Isn't the 3DS version exactly the same game?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Switch Your Viewpoint)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next