We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)

Go down 
+17
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Gwyn400
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
fronkhead
Axis1500
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
shanks
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

North Pole or South Pole
North Pole - bears and sheet ice!
Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 Vote_lcap55%Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
South Pole - penguins and a continent!
Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 Vote_lcap45%Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 7:43

Just had my first look at the trailer (as I dislike the FPS genre). The initial trailer's music is the most irritating I've heard in a while but the game itself surprises me: seeing the idea of hiding yourself and travelling through your own ink trails opens up a lot of cool gameplay options. Splatoon, I may buy you yet! Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 10:58

It's not a FPS though it's a 3RD-PS it's completely different and what I've played of it, it plays a lot different to most in that genre.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 13:16

Ah, true. Embarrassed Even with the little attention I've paid, I should have known that...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015 - 20:30

Once again the Nintendo Direct made the most ham-fisted way of explaining it, but this looks genuinely changing for the online shooter genre, and I'm mega-excited. MEGA.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 17:57

NESplatoon
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 18:47

Good spot!

The_Jaster wrote:
Great to see this will be out *touches wood* in May, also was anyone else reminded of TWEWY upon seeing the plaza area?

The developers think the same, Jas! They compare it to Shibuya.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 23:23

masofdas wrote:
NESplatoon

I did spot that retro splatoon at the initial reveal but didn't think much of it at the time but I'd hope it's part of the single player somehow & not just a separate mode to play.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 10:26

Loads of more info have been popping up for this, I'm getting really excited for this it's moved right up in my anticipated games.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 14:04

No links?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 22:07

Nintendo Life's, article on the games updates
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 10:41

If this doesn't become at least a cult thing like e.g. Jet Set/Grind Radio, I'll be so pissed off. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 11:03

Love the sound of the clothing/perk system, I was a little worried it'd turn into most people wearing the same gear but there seems to be a lot of variety to it.

Oh I also hope they don't forget to have a party system for online MP.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 20:03

Well from some translations there might not be any voice chat for random games.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 21:22

That honesty doesn't bother me as in online MP I don't like talking to complete strangers but if I'm playing with folk I know I'll just use skype, I'm just a tad worried they'd make it more difficult than necessary to make a 4 man team with friends.

A way to party up is essential for these types of games.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 8:56

The_Jaster wrote:
That honesty doesn't bother me as in online MP I don't like talking to complete strangers but if I'm playing with folk I know I'll just use skype, I'm just a tad worried they'd make it more difficult than necessary to make a 4 man team with friends.

A way to party up is essential for these types of games.

This. All of this. It'll be so much more fun to play this with people you get on with, as I imagine there's plenty of room for mistakes! I don't want to have to deal with some 9-year old from Switzerland who speaks better English than me telling me how terrible I am at a videogame.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Mar 2015 - 12:48

We might now why Kirby is coming earlier then we thought and is a May release which is when Splatoon should be coming well rumours have been going around that Splatoonb has been pushed back to July for the EU.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 7:41

Where are said rumours coming from? As I'd like to be able to tell if it's complete nonsense or not.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 8:43

Well all I'm going to say that it's a well known worldwide online retailer, who in the past have leaked things via some of there European sites.

There is a rumors of a direct coming soon but I'm more iffy on that but apparently that was talk from PAX.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 14:02

Are you in business with this retailer & sworn to keep them secret? Razz Anyhow a delay wouldn't bother me that much as we never had a set date to begin with, not that I believe there is one.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 14:57

It's planned for May, a delay to July wouldn't really bother me that much unless I get into TES:O.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 14:07

No chatter about the recent previews yet? You disappoint me GNamer.

The thoughts of Eurogamer in article and Video form: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-23-nintendo-might-just-have-made-the-most-exciting-online-shooter-in-years

This is easily now my most anticipated wii U game, the more I see of it the better it looks.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 14:16

Until I get working online, or definitive opinions that the single-player mode is a blinder, I can't really get too excited about this. Nonetheless, I really hope it does as well as it looks.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 14:18

Just watched the video and it does look very good,
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 10:06

Seems I was wrong on the leak of the date which was more of a place hjolder of June 1st. But hey you get some right like inkliibos being a thing and some wrong.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Apr 2015 - 22:09

The 30 minute treehouse stream of this is up on the Nintendo (US) youtube channel, it gives a decent look at single player, local multiplayer and the 2 online multiplayer modes.

The Ranked battle mode Spat zone seems more my thing which has you focusing on a set zone to capture & hold for a set time, however I do hope it's not just the two modes for online MP.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)   Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Splatoon (or LOOK IT'S A NEW NINTENDO IP WILL YOU SHUT UP NOW)
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next