We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fantasy Life

Go down 
+3
Jimbob
beemoh
Balladeer
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Fantasy Life - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014 - 14:43

I can't believe a game that wants this much investment has come out not long after Destiny and not long into starting my real person job... I don't have anywhere enough time for it Sad
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014 - 15:20

I was thinking I should have downloaded the game
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014 - 21:45

Welp, I'm a lumberjack now. Plan is, log up -> become smith -> make wand -> become magician -> BURN SHIT DOWN.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014 - 2:16

I have a feeling in going to be a miner for a while and then move on to blacksmith so I can make stuff
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014 - 2:39

I honestly don't get the "you have to be a miner/woodcutter first" before being a blacksmith obviously it helps as you'll have more materials to work with but I started as a hunter first got that to apprentice level & then done a bit of Smithing today, sure I had to buy most of my materials but I still made a lot of stuff to bump me up to apprentice in that life as well.

Also you can make that dosh (with a nice profit) spent on materials back by selling your creations to the weapon shop, anyhow I'm really enjoying the freedom of this game has as when you put it on you can continue with whatever life you feel like on that day.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014 - 6:48

Obviously you can buy the materials but I personally feel that's a bit cheaty. I like having to go out and gather my own resources and I only really make enough stuff to use rather than sell.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014 - 11:22

While "cheaty" is possibly the wrong term, like Andyman, I'm going to strive for self-sufficiency.

I will say that I'm disappointed about being unable to brain enemies with my pickaxe.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014 - 11:36

I meant I'd feel cheaty if I did so, obviously the option is there so it's not really. I just like the idea of gathering all my resources myself.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life - Page 3 EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014 - 13:13

Yeah I can see how nice that'd be, I just really wanted to see what blacksmithing was like without too much effort....sort of like RP'ing by sticking to the town as a normal smithing person would. Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life - Page 3 EmptyWed 1 Oct 2014 - 8:53

I've recently discovered the thing about FL: it requires willpower.

If you're somebody like me who tries to do everything he can before moving on to the next party of the story, you can end up looking down a rabbit hole of quests. And the quests are mostly pretty boring: standard MMO fare, kill x baddies or pick up y items and deliver to person z. Little entertaining dialogue to go along with them, either: just more money for rewards.

There comes a point when you need to snap the quest shackles and move on with the story; and with my apprentice Hunter's licence, that's what I'm going to do before I try any more jobs. (I've done just one main story mission so far.)
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life - Page 3 EmptyWed 1 Oct 2014 - 10:51

Yeah I noticed that as a Merc for at least a day or so all I did was wander around doing quests, which stopped when I became an apprentice and I moved on to being a miner
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life - Page 3 EmptyWed 1 Oct 2014 - 11:21

I started pushing through the story a bit and now I'm a bit weaker than the enemies I'm fighting so I'm all about the crafting right now. Unfortunately I've had to break my no buying policy because I'm pretty sure there is no way to get half of the tailor goods without buying them Aww!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life - Page 3 EmptyWed 1 Oct 2014 - 12:40

I'm trying the no buying thing at the moment which is why I think I might stick with the lifes where I can get the items before crafting anything. And see where that get's me
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life - Page 3 EmptyWed 1 Oct 2014 - 16:43

andyman949 wrote:
I started pushing through the story a bit and now I'm a bit weaker than the enemies I'm fighting so I'm all about the crafting right now. Unfortunately I've had to break my no buying policy because I'm pretty sure there is no way to get half of the tailor goods without buying them Aww!

Fantasy Life - Page 3 4e980c23fde27e6b9e22f2f5bfd5e70613f4038e6898694f2fba9db240bf602f
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Life   Fantasy Life - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Life
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3