We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

amiibo

Go down 
+22
Fastpie
JayMoyles
oldschool
Admin
Sylveon
Gogoata
Zaphod_B
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
Sentinator
fronkhead
shanks
beemoh
Treesmurf
Axis1500
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptySat 18 Apr 2015 - 10:07

I wonder if it will happen now seeing now popular the amiibo have become we get a game for the them or like I've said something like PlayStation Home, if Nintendo stick to you don't need these to play the game & there extras.

@Jim well I've got 27 of them with only the first 12 having any data on them, I've not even used Toad
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 9:53

amiibo - Page 10 No
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 13:23

I'm getting rather irritated by them now, I never planned to buy each wave all in one go like some because the cost is silly when you look at how many there is but now I have next to no chance at getting a decent amount of them, let alone all the ones I want for a decent price now.

You can blame soulless collectors all you like but Nintendo must shoulder the brunt of it, it's obvious they're great sellers so why not just make more, they're not sought after because they're rare but because they make a nice collection.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptyFri 24 Apr 2015 - 19:55

Quick look at my amiibo
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Apr 2015 - 12:33

The totally not-clunkily-titled-at-all amiibo Touch & Play: Nintendo Classic Highlights is released in the EU on Thursday (April 30th, date fans). I'll no doubt pick it up to see if there's anything good that I'm missing but I'm not holding out much hope for it to be really good. I understand that any amiibo can activate any title therein, solving The Sonic Problem. I'll be happy as long as it keeps getting updates - so when Super Princess Peach is released on the VC, say, you can play a bit of that.

Your thoughts (to my thoughts Winky Face )?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Apr 2015 - 13:06

It's really not interesting to me, between the random nature of the games and it being random, small chunks of that game, I don't think it will be all that fun... Sounds like a weaker version of NES Remix to me.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Apr 2015 - 14:33

Its basically increasingly expensive paid for demos it seems.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Apr 2015 - 15:17

It seems like a nice idea, but hardly a substitute for a proper use of Amiibos. Sure, with what I have, I will probably try it, but it isn't a good reason to buy the Amiibos. It also seems like an after-thought, rather than a plan.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Apr 2015 - 19:45

While it's nothing earth shatteringly fantastic in terms of use of the amiibo I think it's a nice way to give us demos of the old games & hopefully when I try it out it'll throw up a game I haven't played before and I'll want to buy the full thing.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptyFri 1 May 2015 - 8:08

So I downloaded amiibo Touch & Play: Nintendo Classic Highlights (not getting over that title any time soon) and shoved it in my 'Stuff' folder. Any amiibo can unlock any game but, once that's sorted, they will only unlock that game (so my Pit unlocks the original Zelda, and my Mario unlocks A Link To The Past). Very unhappy with that - you might need loads of amiibi before you can get hold of something you want to play. No

I made it halfway through the first dungeon in Zelda I before it booted me off. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptyFri 1 May 2015 - 8:15

ZeroJones wrote:
So I downloaded amiibo Touch & Play: Nintendo Classic Highlights (not getting over that title any time soon) and shoved it in my 'Stuff' folder. Any amiibo can unlock any game but, once that's sorted, they will only unlock that game (so my Pit unlocks the original Zelda, and my Mario unlocks A Link To The Past). Very unhappy with that - you might need loads of amiibi before you can get hold of something you want to play. No

I made it halfway through the first dungeon in Zelda I before it booted me off. Winky Face

It all sounds pretty pointless to me. I am not sold on it. Nice bonus, but not worth anything really.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptyFri 1 May 2015 - 9:36

I think the people that will benefit are ones that haven't played the game before and this a quick easy way to get a demo but I will try all my amiibo to see what I get.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptyFri 1 May 2015 - 9:57

masofdas wrote:
I think the people that will benefit are ones that haven't played the game before and this a quick easy way to get a demo but I will try all my amiibo to see what I get.

Why can't we just download a free demo of the games without Amiibos?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptyFri 1 May 2015 - 10:36

I don't know ask Nintendo, but I've put all my amiibo on and got all the games and going back around unlocking stuff.

It's kinda NES remix but the core game, but some like DK you can basically play the whole game and even Super Mario Kart had 8 scenes and 8 races might be enough people and they don't need to download it.

Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptyFri 1 May 2015 - 11:10

masofdas wrote:
I don't know ask Nintendo, but I've put all my amiibo on and got all the games and going back around unlocking stuff.

I called Nintendo and asked and they said 'who the fuck are you' which I thought that was a bit rude. Cheeky

How many games are there? I have about 6 Amiibo, so I might do this tonight and see for myself. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptyFri 1 May 2015 - 11:47

About 30 I think from Pinball to Link to the Past
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptyFri 1 May 2015 - 17:06

I tried this last night and it's a nice wee way to test out VC games, especially ones you may not be sure about obviously you wouldn't buy an amiibo just to try this app out but I don't think that's the intended purpose from Nintendo in the first place.  

I got Link to the past when I scanned in Pac-man, I initially thought it was just going to throw up one timed demo for each game but with each it has 9 scenes to play through and in LttP this basically became like a boss rush mode which I found really fun.

oldschool wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

It all sounds pretty pointless to me.  I am not sold on it.  Nice bonus, but not worth anything really.

A good job it's free then eh? I honestly don't get why folk are making such a big fuss over this harmless app & you said it yourself that it's a nice bonus so what else does it need to be? It seems to me like it's getting dumped on because it isn't the magical use of amiibo that everyone craves which is just silly. .
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 0:20

oldschool wrote:
It all sounds pretty pointless to me.  I am not sold on it.  Nice bonus, but not worth anything really.

The_Jaster wrote:
A good job it's free then eh? I honestly don't get why folk are making such a big fuss over this harmless app & you said it yourself that it's a nice bonus so what else does it need to be? It seems to me like it's getting dumped on because it isn't the magical use of amiibo that everyone craves which is just silly. .

Technically, it isn't free, as you have to own an Amiibo to get it.  As I said, just a nice bonus to those who already own Amiibos, but ultimately, it is a demo and demos are normally free and accessible to all.

Last edited by oldschool on Sat 2 May 2015 - 3:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 0:38

There's no shortage of people out there with amiibos though & I doubt anyone who doesn't own one is particularly chomping at the bit to use the app.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 3:16

The_Jaster wrote:
There's no shortage of people out there with amiibos though & I doubt anyone who doesn't own one is particularly chomping at the bit to use the app.

If you believe the hype, most of the Amiibos are sealed away as collectibles and won't go anywhere near a Wii U. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 10:18

Yeah it took me ages as mine are all opened (yes weird for me) but never actually had any use that 20+ weren't from wave 1 needed to be registered.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptySun 3 May 2015 - 14:45

Over the last couple of days the amiibo population in Zero Castle has increased by two: Jo kindly bought me a Donkey Kong, and I've just got her a Pikachu in return. She'd also like a Jigglypuff; that might prove a little trickier to source! Neutral
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptySun 3 May 2015 - 18:14

Good Luck with that

This tweet from Playtonic
We'd be interested to hear ideas for how a Yooka-Laylee amiibo would work (outside of eBay), and then... who knows?

Here's a mock up from a fan, I would buy this second or pledge more for a amiibo
amiibo - Page 10 WoqvbhV
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptySun 3 May 2015 - 23:21

Quote :
We'd be interested to hear ideas for how a Yooka-Laylee amiibo would work (outside of eBay), and then... who knows?

So...was that what Playtonic said? If so maybe shove it in a quote box or something.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 EmptySun 3 May 2015 - 23:28

The_Jaster wrote:
Quote :

So...was that what Playtonic said? If so maybe shove it in a quote box or something.

Did put this tweet from Playtonic in clear black & white above it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

amiibo - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amiibo   amiibo - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

amiibo
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next