We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts

Go down 
+21
Kriken
gjones
OrangeRakoon
oldschool
Cube
Admin
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Axis1500
Rum
beemoh
fronkhead
2grundies
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Dusty Knackers
JayMoyles
Jimbob
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Apr 2016 - 15:21

Probably for the best, the post-credits end cutscene was a complete crock of s*** honestly. Save your sanity I say!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Apr 2016 - 15:32

Now there's an incentive to keep playing! I'm only half-joking, I want to see how bad it is now.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Apr 2016 - 15:36

No! Save yourself the rage and frustration! The ending, while fine at the time as I could just dive back in to the world, has since kept me up to the wee hours of the morning with the frustration and resentment it causes, you must avoid it at all costs lest you suffer a terrible fate!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyThu 19 May 2016 - 16:06

I've not put sooner because of the Team StarFox Zero review but I didn't finish the game and I actually traded in the very next day after I bought it.

It's not the worse game I've played on the Wii U as some like Hot Wheels, I knew were going to to be bad going in. As someone that liked Lylat Wars, I had high hopes for a game that has both Nintendo and Platinum working on it but part from maybe the first 3minutes of the first level nothing is good about SFZ.

If I was doing end of year awards now, the most disappointing game would have gone to Street Fighter V but no more the dishonor goes to SFZ.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyTue 31 May 2016 - 19:15

It's a failed-to-finish double bill!

STAR FOX ZERO:

UNDERTALE:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 21:53

I honestly feel the hype spoiled Undertale for so many people who played it. It was absolutely overhyped, and I'm probably guilty of contributing to that. Don't get me wrong - I really enjoyed my time with it and I'd buy a sequel/spiritual successor in a heartbeat. But you need to be a pretty specific and pretty patient player to cover multiple endings. I reckon if the neutral ending was shorter and didn't force a full replay of the game that more people would stick with it and love it like I do. It's the fact you need to replay a huge chunk of the game before getting to substantially different content that likely put you off Balla, I'd imagine. Fair play for giving it a bash. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 22:45

I reckon you're absolutely right Jay. For the purpose of watching LPs, at what point does the content change? (In a spoiler box, natch.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyFri 3 Jun 2016 - 0:31

Content Change:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyFri 3 Jun 2016 - 3:44

I feel skipping sf0 over the control scheme was the right choice from the looks of things. At the risk of posting sacrilege I think Shiggsy needs to take a step back from games now, because every single gimmick he forced in to sf0 sounded absolutely horrible and counter-intuitive for the sake of being as such from the start.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyFri 3 Jun 2016 - 7:33

It may be sacrilege, but honestly? I've thought the same thing at times. The man strives for innovation, but sometimes I feel that he's striving too hard - especially now, in his later years. There's also rumours that the Mario RPGs went back to NSMB-monsters and characters only because he wanted them to, which is also terrible.

Cheers Jay. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptySun 3 Jul 2016 - 17:45

I just got rid of Mighty No 9, after having it for a week. I knew after just two hours of play that I wouldn't stick with it. Between it's second-rate production values, absymal programming, boring level design, massive lack of personality, early PS2-era visuals, indistinguishable sounds, Master System-esque ideas and it's unforgivable cheapness, I genuinely think that Mighty No 9 is one of the very worst games to have been released at retail on Wii U. Nothing would have been better.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 6:12

Harsh words indeed! I thought it was a bit pants, but not that awful.

You were never particularly into Mega Man though, were you Cappa?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 21:13

Naw, I haven't played a Mega Man game that I particularly care for - Gunstar Heroes, Metal Slug, Rolling Thunder and all of that are just much better. Mega Man 2 is the best one, but I wouldn't describe it as anything more than just okay.

Even so, I think Mighty No 9 is a legitimately bad game. Absolute bobbins.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 16:40

Why did you pick it up Cappa, was it to see what all the fuss was about and to see if it was that bad as by your own admissions you're not a big Mega Man fan.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 18:20

I didn't think it would be that bad. I traded in a load of Wii games I bought cheap and made a profit - I thought Mighty No 9 would be worth the six quid in 'real' money that I paid for it. I got most of the RRP back in credit and I didn't waste too much time pissing about on it. No big deal.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Jul 2016 - 9:45

Splatoon

In that I didn't finish the one player game. I thought about 100%-ing it, but then realised I was just doing it for the sake of it. It's not the same as playing the actual multiplayer game.

Single player score: *shrug*/10
Multiplayer score: Yay!/10
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Jul 2016 - 11:56

Never could get in to Splatoons single player stuff, just felt lacking when I gave it a go.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Jul 2016 - 12:33

I sort of liked Splatoon's single player campaign, although the final boss was utterly obnoxious and - yes! - it felt underdeveloped. The multiplayer more than makes up for this, of course, though I'd like things to be a little deeper for the inevitable Spla2n.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 10:06

I 100%-ed the singleplayer, and thoroughly enjoyed it. As me and Muss have discussed, I'd have liked a few more of its gameplay quirks in the multiplayer maps.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 10:13

I think I kind of enjoyed the singleplayer more than the multiplayer. It was good fun and I liked the fast paced levels. Obviously it wouldn't have justified the game alone, but I really did have a lot of fun with it & the amiibo challenges.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 10:14

Splatoon's singleplayer is basically worth it for the payoff of the final boss. Up till then the singleplayer is passable but not amazing - it at least keeps things fresh (lol) by constantly throwing new ideas at you, although this does start to drag near the end.

The final boss though is amazing and a complete step-up from the rest of the singleplayer. It's a multi-stage, actually challenging, super fun fight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 12:16

Aye, I also really enjoyed the splatoon singleplayer & unlike most I was completely fine with the game as a whole at launch as well.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 23:45

To be honest I enjoyed all the boss battles in Splatoon, they all felt different and made good use of the game mechanics, it's definitely a fair comparison when people say the single player is like Mario Galaxy, only slightly toned down.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyTue 12 Jul 2016 - 9:57

Yeah all the bosses are good fun, most are just overly simple
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016 - 18:48

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 Does-no-man-s-sky-have-a-shot-at-game-of-the-year-or-has-that-already-been-released-no-846345

I may continue playing more of No Man's Sky, that this is a more of a 8hr play preview. Now looking others part from Jimmy Sterling (some other sites but not that you would have heard of, I also sort of agree with his review) who gave the game a 5/10, have been doing reviews in process which I feel this might be as well.

Now if you don't know I was very excited for NMS when it was shown back in 2013 but now in 2016 and after that amount of time playing, NMS is basically a grind / loot based game which dangles a carrot in front of you.

By going mine X element/mineral to make item then move on and do again, after 8hrs of doing that I'm just bored. I know these type of games are popular and people like doing that type of stuff, as take Destiny people are still playing that to get better gear and I've never liked that myself.

I just liked shooting the dudes in Destiny with peeps which I may get some better gear along the way whilst doing the "story" but NMS which I think does have some story but 8hrs in and I've barely seen that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts
Page 5 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next