We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xbox One controller now has PC support

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Xbox One controller now has PC support Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One controller now has PC support   Xbox One controller now has PC support EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 0:57

Finally. I'll probably pick up an Xbox One Controller for the price of ~£35 it's going for now. The hugely improved clicky D-Pad is enough to warrant the purchase alone, but there's a lot to love elsewhere. Shame the Bumpers require more effort to use, though, compared to the 360 controller's.

Anyone else taking the plunge?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One controller now has PC support   Xbox One controller now has PC support EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 8:48

I'll probably be getting a One soon enough anyway so I'll just wait. Still not entirely sold on the triggers though. I had one other problem with it but for the life of me I can't remember, might have been the bumpers.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One controller now has PC support   Xbox One controller now has PC support EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 15:58

Maybe - I'm still very satisfied with my 360 pad and although I would like a better D-Pad, it's not a massive issue for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One controller now has PC support   Xbox One controller now has PC support EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 11:30

I agree with that, while the D-Pad is enough to sell it to me, I'm still waiting until I have more unplayed 2D sidescrollers in my PC games library or games that need a good D-Pad until I rush in and buy one.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One controller now has PC support   Xbox One controller now has PC support EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 12:19

What you guys like the the ONE's D-Pad it's awful for Killer Instinct which needs to a good D-Pad as it's a fighter.

I've not a used a 360 controller for a while but wouldn't the push D-Pad thing better.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One controller now has PC support   Xbox One controller now has PC support EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 18:53

It's certainly better, but ironically not for fighting games, since its primary problem is it's really hard to link together D-Pad directions, like, say, up, up-right, right. But for general D-Pad use it's a huge improvement. Still not as good as Nintendo's D-Pads (I particularly like the one on the 3DS XL and also the Wii U Pro controller) or the Vita's, though. Might make a thread about this, seems like something worth talking about.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One controller now has PC support   Xbox One controller now has PC support EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 18:57

Is the dual shock 4 compatible with PC? As I found the D-pad quite good for injustice .
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One controller now has PC support   Xbox One controller now has PC support EmptyFri 20 Jun 2014 - 12:52

masofdas wrote:
Is the dual shock 4 compatible with PC? As I found the D-pad quite good for injustice .

Yep, though it won't be out of the box ready for every game like the 360/One controller which would have had support baked in by developers. But I'd be happy to use that or the excellent Saturn controller for PC for games that don't already have support baked in and ask you to configure it yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One controller now has PC support   Xbox One controller now has PC support Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox One controller now has PC support
Page 1 of 1