We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

April - June 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VI

Go down 
+5
Balladeer
The_Jaster
masofdas
beemoh
Admin
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

April - June 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VI - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April - June 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VI   April - June 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VI - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Jun 2014 - 11:14

Kudos for the sentiments on Yoshi's Wooly World -- this is exactly how I've been feeling about the game.

It really is gorgeous in action, but in trying to mimick Yoshi's Island I feel it's lost some of its appeal. From what I saw of Treehouse playing it, level designs looked fairly standard, and there weren't an awful lot of mechanics that added true substance to the way the game plays.

Back when the game was announced in early 2013 it looked a lot more like its own thing, like how Kirby's Epic Yarn was its own thing, just with the Kirby franchise added in to ensure the game would get into as many hands as possible.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: April - June 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VI   April - June 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VI - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Jun 2014 - 11:18

I think that, at the very least, it looks nicer now. I much prefer solid woollen Yoshi to KEY-style outline Yoshi. And since when is an in-house-developed Yoshi's Island game a bad thing? Let Nintendo show Artoon and Arzest how it should be done! (And then the next portable Yoshi game will be a bad copy of that instead.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: April - June 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VI   April - June 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VI - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014 - 1:37

Balladeer wrote:
I think that, at the very least, it looks nicer now.  I much prefer solid woollen Yoshi to KEY-style outline Yoshi.  And since when is an in-house-developed Yoshi's Island game a bad thing?  Let Nintendo show Artoon and Arzest how it should be done!  (And then the next portable Yoshi game will be a bad copy of that instead.)

Oh, absolutely, it's visually stunning, and a lot more distinctive than how it used to look.

Not entirely sold otherwise: Good-Feel are developing with Tezuka supervising, similar to the setup with Yoshi's New Island where Arzest were developing and Tezuka supervising.

Of course, Good-Feel actually put out good games: Epic Yarn was great, but WarioLand: The Shake Dimension was just good. A less inspired, less well designed version of Wario Land 4 with a gorgeous aesthetic.

It's because of that last game I mentioned that I'm worried about Woolly World. Not that it'll be bad at all, it just has a lot to live up to, whereas Epic Yarn didn't.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: April - June 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VI   April - June 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VI - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Oct 2014 - 10:28

When we getting July-September
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April - June 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VI   April - June 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VI - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

April - June 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VI
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2