We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX

Go down 
+20
NintenDUCK
Admin
oldschool
Treesmurf
shanks
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Athrun888
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
beemoh
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Rum
Balladeer
Axis1500
masofdas
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyFri 25 Jul 2014 - 19:22

Stream is now live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idw0P5x5b14
also: www.twitch.tv/Nintendo
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyFri 25 Jul 2014 - 20:54

This is coming for the 20th PlayStation Anniversary and 30th Transformers Anniversary.
GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 C9xvdo10

Google have bought Twitch for
GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 Tumblr_m7vkrb3f9p1ramus3o1_500

Activision have announced there will be 8 elite skylanders based on the first series of figures, they will be of better quality and more powerful in game compared to there original counter parts. No word on price & how limited they are but selected EU stores, so GAME then for us will stock.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyFri 25 Jul 2014 - 22:05

masofdas wrote:

Google have bought Twitch for
GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 Tumblr_m7vkrb3f9p1ramus3o1_500

Really not happy about this. Google has morphed YouTube into this bloated mess, and I don't want to see the same happen to Twitch. Twitch's userbase is one of the most unique around, and I don't want to see that same transformation occur to Twitch. If YouTube play it right, they don't touch a thing on Twitch save improving their piss poor VoD services and putting some of that Google money into bandwith.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyFri 25 Jul 2014 - 23:49

Aye pretty worried about this as well since I got into watching more twitch streams in the last year or so.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptySat 26 Jul 2014 - 17:09

So, the Nintendo stream last night started off bad...
Very bad... almost Nintendoland fireworks bad...
Mics not working, sound issues, long technical difficulties where nothing was shown...
However, they fixed it by the end and apparently it was very exciting. (I had left by then, because I was bored by the Smash and nothing else focus.)

Tonight, however, promises to be different. The tech issues should be sorted, and apparently they'll be playing different games like Shovel Knight.

It starts at 7pm our time.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptySat 26 Jul 2014 - 19:17

This is far better than yesterday. Recaptures some of that Nintendo Treehouse / E3 magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V1L3Br2GYk

Edit: Just ended. I especially liked the new side to Nintendo Minute's Krysta which I hadn't seen before.

New things were: New Hyrule Warriors level based on Zora Fountain / Water Temple.
NES Remix 1+2 getting a physical release in the US. Murasame getting a 3DS VC release for the first time in the West.

Also... MS seems to be continuing their "acknowledge Nintendo" strategy...
GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 BtbOufrCUAAiUdL
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 16:06

Nice about Murasame

Sony has announced a limited edition rainbow PS4 to tie in with Stockholm Pride Festival which will be auctioned off via Webhallen (a swedish game site) and all proceeds to the rights organisation who set all this up.
GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 Large
And yes it's called the GayStation for real.

No surprise to anyone, The Last of Us Remastered has been getting rather decent reviews and currently has a metacrtic score of 96, which makes it the highest rated game on the PS4 and the highest rated game of the 8th gen.

Here's a weird one for you in 1998 Brazil got Duke Nukem 3D for the Mega Drive and now only 16 years later will be available worldwide thanks to retro indie based publishers piko, currently the Brazilian goes for about $100 on eBay.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 18:01

masofdas wrote:

No surprise to anyone, The Last of Us Remastered has been getting rather decent reviews and currently has a metacrtic score of 96, which makes it the highest rated game on the PS4 and the highest rated game of the 8th gen.

So, the highest rated game of the current generation of consoles is a game from the previous generation of consoles...

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 2oBmP5E
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 18:02

Not surprised by the TLoU scores either as the core game experience is really good but for the sake of parity.....

Quote :
There's not really enough distance between the PS3 version of The Last of Us and this new Remaster to make it worth double-dipping, unless you're simply that fixated on counting lines of resolution

Quote :
Still a stunning achievement in both storytelling and third person adventure, and although this is the definitive version the differences are still minor.

Quote :
This edition is a must-have only for those who have never had the opportunity to play the game on PS3 and own a PS4.

Quote :
After 13 months The Last of Us is still impressive. This Remastered edition is the perfect deal for those who have never played Naughty Dog's game, but it doesn't offer anything more to PS3 fans.

All of those gave the game at least a score of 90.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 18:04

That is correct, of course time for the WiiU, PS4 and Xbox One to get standout titles but to have 10 higher than 96 might be some ask especially just on the ps4 not looking at the generation as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 18:09

Correct way to rate that is to have a newcomer to the game review it, as well as someone who's played it on the PS3; then calculate a weighted average based on how many PS4 owner will have owned a PS3. Or, y'know, just give the two different ratings at the end of each review.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 18:16

I think Colin at IGN reviewed on both, which is kinda fair but then he gave it a 10/10 and said it was the best game he's played on a playstation system and how it running in 60fps is so much better etc.

According to Sony 60% could of played on PS3, Balla.

But really it should just be treated on how good the game, doesn't matter if it's port or not it's still a good game. Because I saw days of future past in cinema doesn't mean won't I enjoy watching on blu ray, sky etc in the future. The film or game in this case still the same quality but I wouldn't be surprised if journey goes to number 1.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 28 Jul 2014 - 18:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 18:16

masofdas wrote:
That is correct,  of course time for the WiiU,  PS4 and Xbox One to get standout titles but to have 10 higher than 96 might be some ask especially just on the ps4 not looking at the generation as a whole.

There may not be many games in the future that score that high but I'm certain there will be more interesting games that come out.

Balladeer wrote:
Correct way to rate that is to have a newcomer to the game review it, as well as someone who's played it on the PS3; then calculate a weighted average based on how many PS4 owner will have owned a PS3.  Or, y'know, just give the two different ratings at the end of each review.

Aye that definitely would be the best way to do it.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyMon 28 Jul 2014 - 21:18

And I will continue to ignore the last of us despite the borderline fanboy levels of praise the media gives it. I'm sure it's fine but nothing anybody can say will convince me I'd enjoy it, nor that it needed or should have got this port. I just hope its success doesn't start a bad trend where games barely two years old get the treatment.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014 - 0:08

Start the trend? It's the second year old retail game to get a ps4/XO port.  Laughing Sulk  Sleep 

(side note: it is a good game and I agree it is a bit overrated by media types)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014 - 1:24

The thing that baffles me is that this is a game that is from the last gen that gets huge scores, but I've seen several reviews for games such as inFamous that have been marked down for not being next-gen enough. Sort it out guys.

I'd urge anyone who thinks it's overrated to play it on Survivor difficulty. That's where a great game became and amazing one to me.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014 - 3:41

andyman949 wrote:
The thing that baffles me is that this is a game that is from the last gen  that gets huge scores, but I've seen several reviews for games such as inFamous that have been marked down for not being next-gen enough. Sort it out guys.

That makes me irrationally angry.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014 - 14:22

But the game is still good though andy hence the scores, I do think it's over hyped though.

Of course the two year old game re-release will stop soon as your not going to bring bloodborne back on PS4 well platinum version maybe, so if there going to look older games it's going to be older 7th gen games & collections such the rumoured Uncharted Collection, Mass Effect Trilogy and then I think of things like a gears of war, arkham collections are the likely candidates.

It's the 3rd actually on PS4 Jas and more if you count PSN but there often free.

Also not really news but here's the live performance of the last of us, if interested.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014 - 18:44

masofdas wrote:

Of course the two year old game re-release will stop soon as your not going to bring bloodborne back on PS4 well platinum version maybe, so if there going to look older games it's going to be older 7th gen games & collections such the rumoured Uncharted Collection, Mass Effect Trilogy and then I think of things like a gears of war, arkham collections are the likely candidates.

I don't get what you're trying to say - you think the rereleases will stop but you reckon there's going to be a load of rereleases soon? Confused 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014 - 18:55

They were on about 1 or 2 year old games getting released, that you would think will come to end soon as PS4 will be 1 year in a few month's and most titles cross-gen over the last year (part from dark souls 2), so really no point.

But I can see like what happened with the PS2 & 3 older classic getting ported over, So could we see older PS3 titles such as MGSIV which is 6 years old at the moment, that could possibly have one for it's 10th anniversary for instance or xbox one getting a gears of war collection like the halo one coming, gears is 10 years old in 2016.

So I think we will continue to see them but maybe ones that make sense.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014 - 19:54

Quote :
It's the 3rd actually on PS4 Jas and more if you count PSN but there often free

That makes it even worse.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014 - 20:49

The PSN bit is fine, can't moan about being able to replay Journey when it comes to PS4.

Some news this is a weird one, Infamous Second Son is getting stand alone DLC first light, It's not really DLC as you don't need second son more of PSN game in my eyes or a small spin-off. But in Europe it will be getting a retail release on the 10th of September, so a little bit later then the download of it which comes on the 27th of August. Of course the retail version like child of light did might contain extra content.

EA have announced EA access for Xbox One for $29.99 a year and will act like PSN+ with free games, discounts & early access, it goes in to BETA from today for selected people.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014 - 22:38

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 Csr2014_mainimg

Nintendo's CSR report is out - full of charming artwork and info. (New HQ building has a solar power roof! QoL won't necessarily be Fun! Conflict Minerals policy!) http://www.nintendo.co.jp/csr/en/
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyTue 29 Jul 2014 - 23:02

Can't believe I'm asking this, but - where is the conflict minerals part?  This interests me.

Conflict Minerals:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 2:06

Balladeer wrote:
Can't believe I'm asking this, but - where is the conflict minerals part?  This interests me.

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 Dispute_img01

Also, Nintendo employees are apes.

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 Theme_img
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next