The Switch and WWE - championing Reigns since September 2018

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35
AuthorMessage
masofdas
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   Mon 27 Aug 2018 - 17:51

Keeping with MS, they've gone and done it a contract for an Xbox One at the moment it's USA only and says limited availability etc but this plays even more into my prediction years ago od Xbox going service based.

That I would not be shocked the rumoured streaming SKU of Scarlett is a contract from the get-go in someway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Calamity Forumite

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   Yesterday at 22:34

Seems as though Telltale is to shut soon. They're leaving behind a skeleton crew of about 25 staff to wrap up with their current projects, but they've cancelled a lot of projects in the pipeline and laid off a lot of staff.

I think it's been down to trying to expand much too quickly following the success of TWD's first season. They were trying to juggle too many plates. I read that nearly all of their projects lost them money with Batman being the biggest flop in terms of revenue. It was a bit of a slippery slope for them in that by not making money from some of their projects, they couldn't then go on to invest in their engine to make sure it was running well. The later Telltale games were seemingly plagued with technical problems - I distinctly remember multiple crashed playing the last episode of TFTB - and that turned me away from picking up their other titles.

It's a shame as they've put out some cracking stories over the years - TWD's first season, The Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands were all brilliantly written and great fun. It's sad to see a studio of this calibre fade away, but it's clear to see why it's happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
Disciple of Koizumi

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   Yesterday at 22:39

Don't worry THQ will buy them soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX