We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You

Go down 
+2
Athrun888
Balladeer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You Empty
PostSubject: Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You   Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You EmptyTue 8 Jul 2014 - 13:42

Inspired by recent comments in the Random Gaming Thoughts thread, Smash Bros. Universe is a game on the to-be-released AppleStation Wii60, containing every character ever (like Mugen, only professionally made).  This thread is where we post our characters for it.  Bring them from Nintendo games, other games, real life, pop-culture, genuine culture...  Post them in as much or as little detail as you like.  
Oh, and rate the character in the post above you out of ten, with reasoning.  And don't take other people's reasoning too seriously: we're all friends here, but some of us are going to say "0/10 IT'S SHIT", because that's how we roll.  I'll kick off with a Miiverse favourite:

Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You Message-from-shrek

A slow powerful bruiser with a repertoire of fart moves to put Wario to shame.  Uses wrestling moves, hurling donkeys around the stage, and farting.  His Final Smash fills the stage with toxic swamp water, poisoning foes and slowing their movement.

Example ratings:

Go! (Oh, and letting two other people post between your ideas is a good rule of thumb. Sunny )
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You   Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You EmptyWed 9 Jul 2014 - 14:21

7/10, he would be higher but alas I fear the stench of his passing wind would be so strong it would escape the TV.

Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You IAxmBEVRgJYrc

With a wide range of shooting moves George Lucas joins the scene! Featuring the very latest in plastic CG and sound effects his moves are sure to leave the cast stunned, possibly even cast or frozen! His special moves entail a mixture of shooting foes with a camera and a gun, with a down special counter not unlike Marth where once hit he will magically shift his head at an angle impossible for a human to go and shoot back, time it right and the counter strike will be a knock out!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You   Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You EmptyWed 9 Jul 2014 - 16:49

6/10
In smash bros, doing the same thing over and over means that attack is less and less effective. Oh! HA-BURN!
Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You An090km
Elia Mattel. You raped her, you murdered her, you killed her children!
My name is Inigo Montoya. You just took one of my lives. Prepare to die!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You   Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You EmptyWed 9 Jul 2014 - 17:21

8/10. One of the most stylish characters in the game, and some killer taunts. His Final Smash, "Prepare to Die", makes Marth's look pathetic. Two marks docked because he has a poor match-up against Wesley, and because he's much weaker when fighting left-handed.

Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You Henry-hoover-1200-watt-hvr200a--258-p

Don't let that smile fool you - he's a trundling killer. If the nozzle doesn't get you, the trailing wires will. His projectile attack, whereby he goes into reverse and vomits dust clouds at his foes, is particularly deadly.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You   Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You EmptySat 12 Jul 2014 - 9:39

7/10. Even though he SUCKS. But seriously folks, having a character on wheels was always going to be a disaster. Maybe the next Mario Kart DLC.
 Cool 

Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You Grover
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You   Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014 - 14:31

I've no idea who that is/10

My next suggestion, rage-a-holic Eren Jeager from the smash hit attack on titan!
Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You IEzDeH0Pv1DZI

This young chap has plenty of potential, between his mode of transport in combat and his use of specially made to cut through titan skin swords he's sure to leave a mark!  Main gimmick is his attacks pack more cutting power the less he's used his swords with the ability to reload them when he needs.  Normal moves include the typical sword swipes of a sword character, and his special moves include some fancy reloading options with the side special throwing the used blades at an enemy and reloading (obviously the sharper they are at the time the more powerful the hit), up special is the obvious grappling hook, and down special charges up (aka sharpens) the swords for a temporary boost.  Standard special is just reloading the swords.  

His final smash should be obvious.  
Spoilers for those who haven't seen the show.:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You   Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 17:26

Athrun888 wrote:

Shocked What were you doing with your childhood years?  Not watching Sesame Street?  Anyway, Grover gets a 2/10 - wasn't most of his humour based around self-injury?  Not great for Smash!  And Kermit does the "flailing around to attack" thing better.  I'd rather pick Oscar for his improved defence, or Big Bird for being a massive bird.

As for Erin, I give him a 4/10.  His Final Smash is ridiculous, and his air game potentially deadly, but have you tried controlling him in the air?  He shoots all over the place.  And there's the way his sister sits on the sidelines when you play as him, giving everyone that dreadfully creepy stare...

Creepy stare:

My turn:

Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You Pictures-of-wall-e

Awww, inne adorable?  Right up until he shovels you into his compactor and you emerge as a cube.  Don't expect much speed, but do expect incredible defence and resistance to being launched.  Also expect him to summon Eve and her laser of deadly deathness mid-fight.

And yes, his taunts are cute.  Really cute.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You   Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 18:27

Clearly a ROB clone. 2/10.

*SIRENS SOUNDING*

Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You CAJOprA

It's that one fat X-Wing pilot from Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You   Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 19:10

"Red 2 standing by". *Gets blown up at start of battle*, While his piloting skills were poor I doubt his fighting skills would be much better out of an X-Wing. Red 2/10 (Look i'm sorry If I got his squad number wrong I'm not looking that up alright!?)

Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You Max-Chilton-Marussia-1_2795511

Max 'Forehead' Chilton is an F1 driver for Marussia. He attacks by reflecting light of his ridiculous forehead and nattering in his posh accent about the working class backgrounds of some of the Smash Bros favourites. Using his dad's money to buy the opposition out of contention.

He is famed for almost finishing every race without incident. Though that might also be because he is always in last place.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You   Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 20:34

Balladeer wrote:
Athrun888 wrote:

Shocked What were you doing with your childhood years?  Not watching Sesame Street?  

Most of my childhood is a blur honestly, but according to my mother a year or so back when I asked about what I watched as a kid I never liked sesame street, Thomas the tank engine was what I watched apparently along with Power rangers. That and the terminator movies.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You   Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014 - 23:14

1/10, as f1 drivers are considerably more likely to explode themselves than to damage anyone else. Although that forehead could do considerable Luigi-esque damage.

Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You Crying-woman1-300x225
The concept of sadness enters the battle!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You   Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You Empty

Back to top Go down

Rate the Smash Bros. Universe Character Above You
Page 1 of 1