We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off

Go down 
+26
Rum
Muss
gjones
flora-chan
NintenDUCK
Dead Lemon
Admin
Xelviar
Solve My Maze
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Luigi442wii
minecrafter7744
Vidofnir
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Gogoata
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Athrun888
shanks
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Balladeer
masofdas
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptySat 28 Oct 2017 - 8:48

I've muted the folk from NGamer/GNamer who I think might spoil it. I had big parts of Super Mario 3D World, Breath of the Wild and other games spoiled for me by forumites who should really know better, and that's just not cricket. I don't know what's wrong with some of the folk who play games - you wouldn't do that with films and TV series, why it's all right with computer games? It's so self-indulgent.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptySat 28 Oct 2017 - 10:48

It isn't cricket, is it? Just rude and self-centred. And you're totally right when you say people would go nuts if it were a TV show. Grr. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptySun 29 Oct 2017 - 9:46

I've deleted twitter, facebook and instagram from my phone and changed my laptop's bookmarks so it takes me straight to my messages/ notifications and skips the feeds. As for the forum, there are threads I won't be going near.

@Cappa I hope that wasn't me, and apologise profusely if it was. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptySun 29 Oct 2017 - 10:53

It's the sharing without adding anything that's getting to me, there seems to be so much just showing a thing in the game. I'm pretty annoyed that the video capture has arrived just before this, wish there had been a bit of a cooldown period before sharing was enabled.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptySun 29 Oct 2017 - 13:52

Fortunately, my ten or so videogamey people I follow all seem pretty sensible. I've not been spoiled in any major way yet, for which I am very grateful.

Unless I have and don't know it yet... Afraid
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptySun 5 Nov 2017 - 19:37

Following that, I had to unfollow Kate Gray, and Matthew Castle retweeted a minor spoiler.  Matthew Chuffing Castle!  Of all the people who should know better... Matthew Castle

Time for some joykilling: most fireworks.  Maybe I was spoiled, I went to uni. balls that had them set to music.  But since then I've not seen, or heard, anything that convinces me that firework shows are all that.  You want loud thumps and bright lights, go to a club.  

It's not the officially set-up displays that !&$% me off, though - they're fine for those who enjoy them, so long as they don't go on too late (and frankly in this season there's no need for any display to go on beyond nine, especially when tomorrow's a work day).  It's the people setting them off in their back gardens.  Both because that's going to ruin my sleep, and because I'm slightly afraid you'll get some twit who won't follow safety instructions and will manage to start a fire.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptySun 5 Nov 2017 - 21:33

My dislike of fireworks stems from them putting the fear of God into the cats. Well, Beatrice cat is mostly fine with them... but they terrify Gus cat. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptySun 5 Nov 2017 - 21:55

I don't mind fireworks . . . but I'd much rather go to a club. Balla's logic is sound.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2017 - 5:54

Clubs are bad, but they are at least enclosed. And I don't live near one.

While I share Gus cat's feelings in this situation, Zero, it does seem like he's frightened by a few things! Is he a skittish chappy? Does Beatrice still bully him?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2017 - 6:27

Gus cat is generally a bit of a scaredy cat Shocked but he is the bully in the Gus cat/Beatrice cat interaction. She will sometimes get her self-defence in first, let's say, but more often he's to be found teasing her. It's quite creepy, actually - he'll back her into a corner, where she'll shrink up and hiss at him, and he'll just sit there, staring at her, unmoving. Afraid
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptyMon 6 Nov 2017 - 21:43

How the tables have turned! Also more cat pics. pls. Grin
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptyTue 7 Nov 2017 - 23:09

I do think fireworks are a bit boring. I'm spoiled in that the local firework display is visible from my parent's house's upstairs windows. But after the combinations of big/small - red/gold/yellow/green/white - I don't know where you go with this. If I was reviewing "Firework Displays", it's get a 4/10.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptyWed 8 Nov 2017 - 16:17

A hundred bucks a month gets you this happening sporadically in the evening.  Worth?

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 100_bu10

So much for the governments vaunted "national broadband network".  I had more consistent speeds on the old network before they started ripping up the copper network to put in fibre to the node while leaving copper to the home.  Meh   Sure there were occasional issues that would see this happen.  Once every three to four months.  So much worse than every few days amirite?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 22:58

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I've muted the folk from NGamer/GNamer who I think might spoil it. I had big parts of Super Mario 3D World, Breath of the Wild and other games spoiled for me by forumites who should really know better, and that's just not cricket. I don't know what's wrong with some of the folk who play games - you wouldn't do that with films and TV series, why it's all right with computer games? It's so self-indulgent.

I also hope I didn't accidentally spoil something for you! I mean, all I've posted about Odyssey was a screenshot of Mario having a stare-down with a dog, which I think you liked on Twitter anyway, so hopefully all is good there.

Athrun888 wrote:
A hundred bucks a month gets you this happening sporadically in the evening.  Worth?

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 100_bu10

So much for the governments vaunted "national broadband network".  I had more consistent speeds on the old network before they started ripping up the copper network to put in fibre to the node while leaving copper to the home.  Meh   Sure there were occasional issues that would see this happen.  Once every three to four months.  So much worse than every few days amirite?

That is brutal. I've never had a major problem with our FTTC connection up here - a damn sight faster than the ADSL copper shite we had before, at least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptyMon 11 Dec 2017 - 0:45

Right, I actually quite like snow. We made snowmen, threw snowballs, I tried to make Winterfell, I enjoyed wrapping up warm and walking to work in a winter wonderland.

What I didn't like was that today was a day I had earmarked to chillax on my own. The rest of my family were going to visit my brother, but as I had work this evening I couldn't go. This meant I would have the house from myself from morning until I had to leave at around 5. And what do you know, today was a Splatfest until 3 pm. Peace and quiet, big Spla2n session.

Nope. My parents got an hour away, gave up driving in the snow and came home. I had noise, obligations, people using up all the bandwith and didn't end up getting anywhere near the splatfest rank I would have hoped for.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptyMon 11 Dec 2017 - 19:50

That sounds like the family !&$%-ing you off, sir, not the snow. Sad

I, on the other hand, will DAMN YOU! at snow. It melts to horrible gooey slush. It mucks up Britain's feeble rail network. And it has trapped somebody I need to help me with a piece of work, deadline Tuesday, in fecking Amsterdam until Wednesday at least. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptyMon 11 Dec 2017 - 22:19

The worst day for me, a pedestrian, is not when it snows. It's not even when the snow freezes. It's when it snows over that ice. No
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptyTue 12 Dec 2017 - 11:13

yeah, but, look at the amazing snowlady my sister made (and my snowman which now looks embarassing)
Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 25158410
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptyTue 12 Dec 2017 - 20:06

That is one seriously classy snowmaiden. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptySat 16 Dec 2017 - 14:18

Christmas.  

Not the actual holiday, I don't honestly mind that.  Everyone buggers off on various holidays and the result is the entire town goes to sleep, the peace and quiet is absolute bliss.  

No, what I hate is the season of Christmas, aka "SPEND MONEY AND GO BANKRUPT" season.  I hate that everyone runs around for two weeks like headless chickens buying presents instead of planning like a human with a brain and getting them ahead of time. I hate that the grocery shops start running out of food because everyone is all "ZOMG TWO WHOLE DAYS THE SHOPS AREN'T OPEN, MUST BUY FIFTY DAYS WORTH OF GROCERIES SO EVERYONE ELSE CAN'T!" so you have to do three weeks of shopping two weeks in advance just so you have food to eat over the period.  I hate that shops themselves start trying to remind everyone that they're terrible people if they don't go bankrupt over gifts that essentially spoil the kids and usually go unwanted by everyone else (when I was a kid I got gifts up to the value of a hundred dollars for both my birthday and the christmas holiday and I bloody well liked it).  

On the flip side I love me dem sexy sexy boxing day sales!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptySun 17 Dec 2017 - 14:16

Jimbob wrote:
I have to admit, I'm having a mini-health-scare of my own; I wouldn't call myself a hypochondriac (I don't think I've had to go to the doctor's, wisdom teeth-aside, for about 15 years) but a few things seem to have happened all a once.
Jimbob wrote:
Yeah, sorry, I feel I've piggybacked on that; after arriving at the doctor's in a mega-panic because I'd convinced myself I had something terminal, I just needed to do a big ol' poo apparently. Embarrassed (Well that's a simplified version of things, but you don't want to know any more).
Bit more serious this one: pins/needles/throbbing sensation at extremities, and mega-cramps on left-hand side after (carefully managed with breaks) 2.5 hour computer sesh yesterday. Don't normally get any of this. Doctor said come back in 2 weeks or if it gets worse.  I convince myself I'm dying every 18 hours.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptySun 17 Dec 2017 - 14:29

Blimey, boss. I hope it's nothing serious. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptySun 17 Dec 2017 - 14:42

That sounds really simliar to me at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptySun 17 Dec 2017 - 18:16

Bloody hell Jim (and possibly Mas). Hope you two sort yourselves out and get well soon. Christmas is a rubbish time to be ill!

Speaking of which, I do hate the capitalism around basically any major holiday, but as long as I don't go to Oxford Street I'm fairly easily able to ignore it. Plus: festive food and drink, although possibly overpriced, are 'da bomb', as I believe those darn millennials say.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 EmptySun 17 Dec 2017 - 22:25

Oh shit, sorry Mas. Here's to us all being back to 100% for 2018.
I'm finding myself pre-occupied a bit, so if I don't end up doing the votes or GOTY contribution, I apologise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next