'It was a dark and stormy night when she drove into my office, doing three front-flips and screaming 'NICE SHOT!''

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Sat 28 Oct 2017 - 8:48

I've muted the folk from NGamer/GNamer who I think might spoil it. I had big parts of Super Mario 3D World, Breath of the Wild and other games spoiled for me by forumites who should really know better, and that's just not cricket. I don't know what's wrong with some of the folk who play games - you wouldn't do that with films and TV series, why it's all right with computer games? It's so self-indulgent.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroJones
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Sat 28 Oct 2017 - 10:48

It isn't cricket, is it? Just rude and self-centred. And you're totally right when you say people would go nuts if it were a TV show. Grr. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 9:46

I've deleted twitter, facebook and instagram from my phone and changed my laptop's bookmarks so it takes me straight to my messages/ notifications and skips the feeds. As for the forum, there are threads I won't be going near.

@Cappa I hope that wasn't me, and apologise profusely if it was. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
Crumpy Andy
Sheegoth

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 10:53

It's the sharing without adding anything that's getting to me, there seems to be so much just showing a thing in the game. I'm pretty annoyed that the video capture has arrived just before this, wish there had been a bit of a cooldown period before sharing was enabled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Sun 29 Oct 2017 - 13:52

Fortunately, my ten or so videogamey people I follow all seem pretty sensible. I've not been spoiled in any major way yet, for which I am very grateful.

Unless I have and don't know it yet... Afraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Sun 5 Nov 2017 - 19:37

Following that, I had to unfollow Kate Gray, and Matthew Castle retweeted a minor spoiler.  Matthew Chuffing Castle!  Of all the people who should know better... Matthew Castle

Time for some joykilling: most fireworks.  Maybe I was spoiled, I went to uni. balls that had them set to music.  But since then I've not seen, or heard, anything that convinces me that firework shows are all that.  You want loud thumps and bright lights, go to a club.  

It's not the officially set-up displays that !&$% me off, though - they're fine for those who enjoy them, so long as they don't go on too late (and frankly in this season there's no need for any display to go on beyond nine, especially when tomorrow's a work day).  It's the people setting them off in their back gardens.  Both because that's going to ruin my sleep, and because I'm slightly afraid you'll get some twit who won't follow safety instructions and will manage to start a fire.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Sun 5 Nov 2017 - 21:33

My dislike of fireworks stems from them putting the fear of God into the cats. Well, Beatrice cat is mostly fine with them... but they terrify Gus cat. Aww!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Sun 5 Nov 2017 - 21:55

I don't mind fireworks . . . but I'd much rather go to a club. Balla's logic is sound.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Mon 6 Nov 2017 - 5:54

Clubs are bad, but they are at least enclosed. And I don't live near one.

While I share Gus cat's feelings in this situation, Zero, it does seem like he's frightened by a few things! Is he a skittish chappy? Does Beatrice still bully him?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Mon 6 Nov 2017 - 6:27

Gus cat is generally a bit of a scaredy cat Shocked but he is the bully in the Gus cat/Beatrice cat interaction. She will sometimes get her self-defence in first, let's say, but more often he's to be found teasing her. It's quite creepy, actually - he'll back her into a corner, where she'll shrink up and hiss at him, and he'll just sit there, staring at her, unmoving. Afraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Mon 6 Nov 2017 - 21:43

How the tables have turned! Also more cat pics. pls. Grin
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Tue 7 Nov 2017 - 23:09

I do think fireworks are a bit boring. I'm spoiled in that the local firework display is visible from my parent's house's upstairs windows. But after the combinations of big/small - red/gold/yellow/green/white - I don't know where you go with this. If I was reviewing "Firework Displays", it's get a 4/10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Athrun888
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Wed 8 Nov 2017 - 16:17

A hundred bucks a month gets you this happening sporadically in the evening.  Worth?

So much for the governments vaunted "national broadband network".  I had more consistent speeds on the old network before they started ripping up the copper network to put in fibre to the node while leaving copper to the home.  Meh   Sure there were occasional issues that would see this happen.  Once every three to four months.  So much worse than every few days amirite?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Thu 9 Nov 2017 - 22:58

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I've muted the folk from NGamer/GNamer who I think might spoil it. I had big parts of Super Mario 3D World, Breath of the Wild and other games spoiled for me by forumites who should really know better, and that's just not cricket. I don't know what's wrong with some of the folk who play games - you wouldn't do that with films and TV series, why it's all right with computer games? It's so self-indulgent.

I also hope I didn't accidentally spoil something for you! I mean, all I've posted about Odyssey was a screenshot of Mario having a stare-down with a dog, which I think you liked on Twitter anyway, so hopefully all is good there.

Athrun888 wrote:
A hundred bucks a month gets you this happening sporadically in the evening.  Worth?

So much for the governments vaunted "national broadband network".  I had more consistent speeds on the old network before they started ripping up the copper network to put in fibre to the node while leaving copper to the home.  Meh   Sure there were occasional issues that would see this happen.  Once every three to four months.  So much worse than every few days amirite?

That is brutal. I've never had a major problem with our FTTC connection up here - a damn sight faster than the ADSL copper shite we had before, at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 27 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27