We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Go down 
+10
gjones
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Slazo
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 14:52

They wanted you to do certain chants? That's the worst thing they could suggest to a wrestling fan.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 15:02

It was pretty much all kids and that, just the local show, so it was mega pantomime. Most people were going in for the chants, which included "Italy sucks!" and calling one bloke Shrek.

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan Online
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 15:30

Ahh, I've been to a few local shows myself that are more for families but the kids just go mental and come up with their own chants which are usually hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 15:54

There was some of that too. My favourite moment was the match between Oliver Gray and James Mason. They started off both pretty face, so the crowd was mixed. At one point Oliver turned around and looked a kiddy right in the eyes and the kid shouted "MASON!" and mugged him right off.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 17:31

I'm a whiny Internet prick as I still dislike him.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 18:22

I'd hope you'd have a decent reason for disliking (which no one is saying you can't do) him though but the majority who boo him on televised shows do so because he's "The chosen one" as if this hasn't been the way wrestling has always worked.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 22:41

I just find him boring, and sort of Cena MKII and I don't like Cena either

I hope Ambrose gets a push now with Seth out of the picture for a while.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 22:56

I'm not big on Cena either but he doesn't bother me as much as he used to, also Reigns has a much more of a smash mouth style whereas Cena is your typical power move style so I honestly don't see how he's even close to being the same.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 23:09

Not there styles of wrestling but just them

Where I prefer the likes of Ziggler, Ambrose, Seth, Owens, Cesaro, Bryan if fit etc over Roman
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 23:21

How was Fear & Loathing VIII, Jaster?

I see that last year's event is free to watch on ICW On Demand: https://icwondemand.pivotshare.com/media/fear-%26-loathing-vii-2nd-november-2014/15396
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 23:47

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
How was Fear & Loathing VIII, Jaster?

I see that last year's event is free to watch on ICW On Demand: https://icwondemand.pivotshare.com/media/fear-%26-loathing-vii-2nd-november-2014/15396

Aye it was phenomenal! My favourite match of the night was probably Joe Coffey vs Rhyno as both their styles just fit together so well, also when Grado isn't fannying (which he only done once in the main event) about he's actually great in the ring.

I already can't wait for this next year. (even though I'll be at more ICW shows before that, natch)

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 JNLvIec
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 23:55

I see there's a ICW game coming, i don't know if be any good or not but good to see another wrestling game of some sort.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2015 - 12:40

Aye even if it turns out to be shite then it's another step that shows how big they are getting, I really hope that TV deal is around the corner.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2015 - 17:58

I heard they're gunning for the Hydro next year too. Has to be a TV deal on its way, surely?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2015 - 18:02

Yup the Hydro is confirmed as I mentioned above & tickets go on general sale at 9am this Thursday. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyThu 19 Nov 2015 - 17:47

Latest cast member on Corrie spotted in Roy's Roll Shop rehearsing for a scene:

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 013_Manchester_11092015ca_250-3664880621
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2015 - 19:20

The only issue I really have with Reigns is that during his, I'm about to win the match, phase he kind of forgets to sell all the abuse he's received during the match. It's not a huge deal, his matches are typically well paced, intense, hard hitting, and with their fair share of momentum switches, but it's still something he should work on. That said, you can't really do an 'oh my god i'm in so much pain' Spear or Superman Punch so there's that too.

I didn't really like him at first, having returned to the WWE shortly after the shield split up I suppose, but his improvement in terms of ring psychology and promos is very clearly there. If he wins, I'm not going to feel like Vince gave his favorite the belt, as I would have if he had won at Mania. He's gone through a fabe journey, and definitely grown as a performer so Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 15:03

I think the main gripe a lot of people have had with him is the predictability of his wins but since Wrestlemania theyve threw that out of the window and that's made him a heck of a lot Moore likeable. Once again at survivor series we're faced with the "oh it's so obvious he's going to win" situation as we were in past PPVs (I know he didn't win this obvious Wrestlemania and Money in the Bank ones and he might not tomorrow but you get what I mean) but this time I'm 100% ok with it because of the matches he's had, the one against Wyatt especially was a title worthy performance.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 16:09

I think they've booked him really cleverly since 'Mania. This will be the third "so obvious Reigns is gonna win" match, yet people still fall for it. I'll be happy either way at this point, and considering how much I love DEAN...
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptySun 22 Nov 2015 - 9:43

Treesmurf wrote:
I think the main gripe a lot of people have had with him is the predictability of his wins but since Wrestlemania theyve threw that out of the window and that's made him a heck of a lot Moore likeable. Once again at survivor series we're faced with the "oh it's so obvious he's going to win" situation as we were in past PPVs (I know he didn't win this obvious Wrestlemania and Money in the Bank ones and he might not tomorrow but you get what I mean) but this time I'm 100% ok with it because of the matches he's had, the one against Wyatt especially was a title worthy performance.

Yeah that's exactly the point, he was booked very predictably which in turn made his in-ring performances rather predictable with his Royal Rumble win being the worst offender. It's not that I had a massive problem with him winning the Rumble, more the manner in which it happened sucked.

As you say they have since used him well, and I do think he has started to shine despite the internet, which for the most part, still seems to hate him. If people don't like him as much as other wrestlers then that's fine, that's legit, people will always have favourites. But at this point I'm not really sure why he gets as much heat as he does. The WWE clearly want him to be strong and plenty of kids like him, but they've also not made him Cena 2.0, his post-rumble record isn't stellar.

I guess the character is a little vanilla and not particularly interesting, generally reacting to a heel who sets the pace of a feud or being outshone by his mate Dean while not having any killer lines of his own, but I'm not really into baby-faces and that all just feels like a baby-face thing to have happen to a wrestler in the WWE. I'm actually alright with that though because him being 'the better man' or the role model makes it easier for kids to get behind him and without that kid money there wouldn't be a WWE. For however 'stale' the WWE product can get at times, the WWE will throw in some amazing surprises and if their ridiculously over the top production values were ever diminished then wrestling as a whole would become that much worse. So essentially, as long as it doesn't happen constantly, I'm actually fine with vanilla baby-face winning predictably at the top of the card.

Here's the kicker though, his in-ring quality is enough for me to confidently guarantee that tonight he is going to put on the match of the night - or at the very least one of the best matches.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2015 - 22:15

Survivor Series chat.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2015 - 22:53

A serviceable and predictable PPV but oh my god are the New Day entertaining! Amazing performers.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyThu 3 Dec 2015 - 23:12

"YYYYYYYAY!!!"
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptyFri 4 Dec 2015 - 0:09

A part of me thought that was clever but the other part was screaming "THAT'S FUCKING STUPID"
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 EmptySat 12 Dec 2015 - 10:54

Drunka, Muss and myself will be watching NXT Live tonight in Sheffield.

I've seen from twitter Jas went last night in Glasgow and seemed like he had a go time, that I'm hyped bro.

And what a week for wrestling as I will be watching live tonight, then TLC Monday after work and as skittles has ended in till after the new year, I can watch Takeover: London Live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread II
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next