GNamer Restaurant's Dish Of The Day: Ravio-li

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Persona 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 17:26

I think Andy shares the same one as me on her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 17:28

Well, that's Andrew "Wrongpinion" Man949 speaking. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Sat 26 Aug 2017 - 10:16

So this

Spoiler:

Is a thing apparently!  Got a bit lax with my healing when he started busting out his Super Tyrant Fist and so Joker went down on my first try.  Sucks because I actually survived the first time he busted it out so I knew how much damage it'd do, but hey that's what I get for being lax with my HP near the end of one of the last major bosses in the game.  Won't be making the mistake of leaving Joker's HP below the 400 mark after I get his HP below half a second time!

Also dat music! Rivers in the Desert finally shows itself and it's as glorious as expected.  If I had a top five Persona themes this'd definitely be in it!

And while I'm here lets talk about the traitor one last time.  

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Athrun888
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Mon 28 Aug 2017 - 10:22

Finally we get to the depths of Mementos and there's that lovely nihilism typically seen at the end of the story!  Nice to see creepy disturbing Persona return!  The enemies here are also pretty rough, almost been wiped out several times now, especially with the pseudo boss fight featuring three back-to-back encounters, by the time I got to the third round half the squad was dead and I was scrambling to preserve Joker and Haru.  

Going to have a big session tonight and see if I can't wrap things up before the evening is out.

-----------------------

Holy crap THE REVEAL

Major spoilers, duh.:

Well, better get back on with the game if I want to finish it before bed-time!

-----------------------

WELP, looks like this is going to have to wait till tomorrow.  See, I got very cute with the final boss.  Before the reveal I used the Strength S.link's special ability and fused myself the ultimate Magician Persona despite being ten levels lower.  A lovely thing all round, with some very nice skills both learned and inherited, the Charge + Brave Blade combo was particularly nice and allowed me to practically coast through the final final dungeon.  

So I get to the final boss fight and I see him have a extra appendage that reflects wind attacks.  Me being me I decide to completely ignore this game design method of warning me to be careful.  I proceed to knock out the second appendage without any issue, bopping it on the head the turn it rears its head having Charged up the previous turn.  Then the third one pops up, and again I'm perfectly timed to bop it with a Brave Blade right off the bat.  What could possibly go wrong!?  

Well, aside from it reflecting my 298HP costing Charged Brave Blade right back at Joker for an insta-Game Over, nothing at all!  Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Mon 28 Aug 2017 - 22:48

Final boss spoilers:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   Thu 31 Aug 2017 - 15:39

Honestly as far as the story goes I feel Persona 5 did everything better than its direct predecessor with the minor exception of slice of life antics.  To be honest this game probably came the closest Persona in the modern era to nail the blend between what modern Persona is and SMT (from what I've seen of SMT), right down to the whole game's conflict of a battle between law and chaos.  

Final plot thoughts, spoilers abound!:

And now we come to the most important aspect of any Persona game, who the best girl/guy/animals are!  So without further ado!

Objective Best Guy

Objective Best Animal

And last, but not least, ObjectiveYouHaveBadTasteIfYouThinkOtherwise Best Girl!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Persona 5   

Back to top Go down

Persona 5
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6