We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PlayStation TV

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PlayStation TV  Empty
PostSubject: PlayStation TV    PlayStation TV  EmptyMon 1 Sep 2014 - 21:36

Anyone going to bother getting one? It certainly seems to serve its purpose well for a few niche usage scenarios, remote play on another TV, its primary selling point being one of them, or the ability to play Vita games on a bigger screen (great for anything that only uses buttons).

Otherwise I've been distinctly underwhelmed by Vita TV since it launched, with Sony practically squandering any potential it had by shoving Vita -- barely modified software and all -- into a box. Not only has this meant that most Vita games aren't actually compatible with it (I hear compatibility is determined by a whitelist maintained by Sony) but it delivers a poor user experience for any of the "TV" related features that you'd also expect to use: no support for several user accounts, Dualshock 3/4 app and menu navigation (which, if you've tried to navigate most things using solely the buttons, feels dreadful and ill-fitting) and so on...

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PlayStation TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: PlayStation TV    PlayStation TV  EmptyMon 1 Sep 2014 - 21:39

If it allowed me to play my girlfriends downloads and vice verse I'd be all over it, but as it stands I couldn't give less of a crap. A PS4 can do most of the same functions and I don't have to pay any more to do so.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PlayStation TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: PlayStation TV    PlayStation TV  EmptyMon 1 Sep 2014 - 22:27

It's great if you have kids, you could have your PS4 in the front room then the PlayStation TV in there bedroom but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PlayStation TV  Empty
PostSubject: Re: PlayStation TV    PlayStation TV  Empty

Back to top Go down

PlayStation TV
Page 1 of 1