We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 17:33

Twitter replies are a proper mess now eh? Doesn't matter what dev/publisher it is and if folk have the right to complain (they absolutely do not here btw) or not there's always a bunch of these elitist wanks ruining it for everyone else who just want to interact with some people that like the same thing you do.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 17:36

Fronk 's playing the Twitter game about right, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 19:26

Said the other day on Twitter, you see these tweets (why do we RT) of people going games are for kids or losers etc and I'd sort of want to get in an argument about it and show them something like react channel when the elders played The Last of Us but when you see puddlegate, stuff like this along with other things it does make you go yep maybe they're right.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu 6 Sep 2018 - 23:38

Man, it's depressing reading some of the replies to the tweet Nintendo put out. I get that it's something folks were looking forward to - I was, for sure - but are folks not able to have even a shred of human decency and avoid having splurging their entitled pissbaby moaning across Twitter? Games aren't more important than the safety of the people impacted by the earthquake. Madness.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyWed 12 Sep 2018 - 22:15

So, it's been rescheduled and it's set to go for tomorrow evening at 11pm UK time.

I wonder if they've had to re-edit it considering some of the reveals we got over the weekend last week - I can't imagine a Civ VI on Switch trailer having the same impact as it would have had it been revealed during the Direct last week.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 0:30

Super early Friday morning for me.
Knowing Nintendo, they wont have changed anything and Civ will be the bg reveal they end on
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 15:44

If so then it won't have the impact like Jay says but it's likely with the short delay they might not have had anything else ready to replace it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 19:05

I'm going to try and judge it as it should be judged, based on some of the announcements duly being leaked. A shame, of course: seems like some companies couldn't bear to wait. Fair enough if you were due to release on that day, but otherwise...

I'm hoping I can stay up (not terribly) late and maybe watch this live with you lot on Skype?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 19:11

I can jump on Skype
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 20:52

...nope it's not happening, going to have to try and get an early night. I'm shattered. Aww! Real shame. Hope y'all enjoy.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 21:49

I'll be on Skype as I'm a night owl through and through, so I'll catch some of you there for some chat over the Direct if you're staying up too. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 23:51

I missed out on any Skype action, but... who's up for a GNamer Crystal Chronicles playthrough next year?!

That was a good Direct, I thought! Especially enjoyed the trolling by Ninty at the end. If it had just been the Smash reveal and not an actual new AC game, there'd be uproar. There's already excessive whining on Twitter about the fact that FFVIII wasn't announced, despite the fact there were literally 1 million other FF titles revealed. Blep.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 23:53

Yep. Banger. It almost feels like they deliberately saved all the best stuff to announce around the online chat and take some of the edge off.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 23:54

I think why VIII was brought up on twitter is it's not on PSN either, yet all the others are post VII pretty much.

Also another AC is coming to Switch, Assassin's Creed Odyssey was shown in the Japanese direct but it's another Cloud based game like RE7.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 0:01

I also liked Wolf giving me Jeremy-Irons-as-Scar realness in the Starlink trailer.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 0:03

Once I have real internet again, i want to give that cloud stuff a go.

So, by my estimates I can play final fantasies 1 to 6 on my gba, and then 7, 9, 10, 12 and 15 on my Switch . . . That's pretty good. I'm gonna make a real stab at it. I probably won't complete all of them, maybe any of them, but I wont be a complete ff virgin any more.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 0:05

Drunkalilly wrote:
Yep.  Banger.  It almost feels like they deliberately saved all the best stuff to announce around the online chat and take some of the edge off.

I'm convinced most folk don't know what they want from an online service, take away the mobile app and some games not being compatible with cloud saves it looks exactly the same as what Sony & MS offer except cheaper.

Anyhow, even though that direct was a bit rpg heavy in places it was still a good one. Thumbs Up!

EDIT: Looks like we get about 3 NES games a month after it launches with 20 games.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Nintendo-Entertainment-System-Nintendo-Switch-Online-1434614.html#Overview

Last edited by The_Jaster on Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 4:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 0:28

Rum Rapture wrote:
I missed out on any Skype action, but... who's up for a GNamer Crystal Chronicles playthrough next year?!.

Hell yeah! Grin

The_Jaster wrote:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Nintendo-Entertainment-System-Nintendo-Switch-Online-1434614.html#Overview

That's decent to see they've got a release schedule up, at least. I wonder what "Special Version" denotes... I thought that'd be perhaps something to do with being online enabled, but Mario Bros. isn't classed as a special version. Hmm...

As for the Direct overall, I thought it was fine! Luigi's Mansion 3 should be fun and there was a healthy amount of other games in there to tide folks over. There wasn't anything mind-blowing for myself personally, but I'm happy enough considering the last couple of Directs were Smash focused and therefore to my liking more than this one. I was laughing so much with the bait and switch they pulled at the end with the Animal Cross/Smash fakeout. Brilliant stuff. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 0:41

All I can think of for special version is a maybe a twist on caravan mode or something.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 8:22

I thought that was solid stuff.  They bookended it nicely with a pair of megatons (and some more top trolling. Laughing Smash trolls are the best).  I will try to play all of the Final Fantasies, but suspect they might get superseded by Town.  DxM and Crafty World both still look good.  Not much 3DS stuff either.  Grand for the most part!

Rum Rapture wrote:
I missed out on any Skype action, but... who's up for a GNamer Crystal Chronicles playthrough next year?!

Meeeee... oh it’s behind a paywall that they didn’t do much to make me care for.  Maybe?  Feel like co-op FF might be my preferred form of online gaming.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 9:59

Now I've slept on it my views are still much the same as what I was saying to Jay on Skype, I'm more positive on the Switch as now I do have a few things to look forward to

Starlink, TWEWY, Diablo III, Civilization VI, Pokemon Let's Go, Travis Strikes Again, Yoshi Crafted World, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Animal Crossing, Daemon X Machina, Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokemon Gen 8, Bayonetta 3, Shin Megami Tensei V, TOWN!

I, of course, knew about a some of them before last night (also same with other things shown like Super Mario Party we knew about it) but now I go well October I would like to get Starlink & TWEWY then Nov Diablo III and Pokemon then in Jan Travis and so on

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 10:22

I was enjoying the release of Isabelle for Smash before they ruined it and announced an Animal Crossing game... Sad
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 10:37

Balladeer wrote:
Rum Rapture wrote:

Meeeee... oh it’s behind a paywall that they didn’t do much to make me care for.  Maybe?  Feel like co-op FF might be my preferred form of online gaming.

Honestly I'm with Jas on this one - it offers mostly all the same stuff that Sony & MS do, but it's cheaper, so I don't see it as that big of a deal. (I've had PS Plus for the past year which cost me £50!)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 13:58

I should say I'm not exactly doing cartwheels (does an online service have to?) over it but I like it and I know over time its going to grow and get better which is why I dont mind paying when it launches.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 15:46

My immediate thought was "is it going to expand to SNES games too?" because I don't really care for NES games, honestly. But it looks cool, and I think it's a step in the right direction! A big online-multiplayer-enabled library of games from their first home console is something I would not have expected from Nintendo ten years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next