The Switch and WWE - championing Reigns since September 2018
 
HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Hero of Time
avatar

Posts : 9116
Points : 9202
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 34
Location : Underground Corpse Pile.

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   Fri 14 Sep 2018 - 18:20

Agreed! I only hope they don't drag their heels too long with when they start to add other consoles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
Disciple of Reggie
avatar

Posts : 17958
Points : 17134
Join date : 2013-01-16
Age : 29
Location : Admintown

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   Sat 15 Sep 2018 - 12:16

masofdas wrote:
Now I've slept on it my views are still much the same as what I was saying to Jay on Skype, I'm more positive on the Switch as now I do have a few things to look forward to

Ah, now that's good to hear. Smile Er, read.

Rum Rapture wrote:
Honestly I'm with Jas on this one - it offers mostly all the same stuff that Sony & MS do, but it's cheaper, so I don't see it as that big of a deal. (I've had PS Plus for the past year which cost me 50!)

Don't they have extensive sales though, and free games that aren't NES? Which Nintendonline might have, but the moment we don't know that, and with Nintendo's online history I'd say it's too early to get excited.

Rum Rapture wrote:
My immediate thought was "is it going to expand to SNES games too?" because I don't really care for NES games, honestly. But it looks cool, and I think it's a step in the right direction! A big online-multiplayer-enabled library of games from their first home console is something I would not have expected from Nintendo ten years ago.
The_Jaster wrote:
Agreed! I only hope they don't drag their heels too long with when they start to add other consoles.

I agree with all of this, but I think that shows how slow Nintendo's been. Thus far I've been able to forgive them that because what they have provided has been free, but now that they're charging, they need to provide a bit more. SNES is the absolute minimum for me to hop on board unless there's a game I really want to play online, and then I'll feel like I'm being dragged over coals for it. But with the way Nintendo's sold this, and how long it took the Wii U Virtual Console to get up to scratch (debate point: did it ever?), I think those heels will be stuck in quicksand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Hero of Time
avatar

Posts : 9116
Points : 9202
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 34
Location : Underground Corpse Pile.

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   Sat 15 Sep 2018 - 17:34

Balla wrote:
Don't they have extensive sales though, and free games that aren't NES? Which Nintendonline might have, but the moment we don't know that, and with Nintendo's online history I'd say it's too early to get excited.

They do have sales which are generally good but the free games each month are more miss than hit for me, I can't even remember the last one I was truly excited to play so I just plonk them in my digital library and not download them most of the time. I probably wouldn't be subbed to PS+ if I didn't play a tonne of online MP like R6 Siege and MH World.

Balla wrote:
I agree with all of this, but I think that shows how slow Nintendo's been. Thus far I've been able to forgive them that because what they have provided has been free, but now that they're charging, they need to provide a bit more. SNES is the absolute minimum for me to hop on board unless there's a game I really want to play online, and then I'll feel like I'm being dragged over coals for it. But with the way Nintendo's sold this, and how long it took the Wii U Virtual Console to get up to scratch (debate point: did it ever?), I think those heels will be stuck in quicksand.


The games getting online MP has probably took up most of the time and I can't help but think Nintendo in the Wii U times would have given us something like 3 or 4 games to start and say the rest are coming soon. Everyone on here has sound reasons for not wanting to jump on so far but anyone else just seems like they are jumping on the Nintendo can't do online bandwagon, folk need to remember you are comparing a company doing a service like this for the first time to ones that have been out for 8+ years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimbob
Dry Metal Baby Princess
avatar

Posts : 3007
Points : 3027
Join date : 2013-01-15
Age : 35
Location : Meeeeelton Keeeeeynes

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   Sun 16 Sep 2018 - 21:40

Thirded - I'm definitely down for the online service. PS+'s free games might be current (and occasionally they do give away "big'ns" - e.g. MGSV, Bloodborne, Journey), but it's also a bit more expensive. Free NES games you say? It beats paying 3.50 each time like on the old Wii/WiiU eShops for something labelled a "cult classic" by RetroDipshits.com.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Back to top 
Page 29 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: