We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyFri 14 Sep 2018 - 18:20

Agreed! I only hope they don't drag their heels too long with when they start to add other consoles.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptySat 15 Sep 2018 - 12:16

masofdas wrote:
Now I've slept on it my views are still much the same as what I was saying to Jay on Skype, I'm more positive on the Switch as now I do have a few things to look forward to

Ah, now that's good to hear. Smile Er, read.

Rum Rapture wrote:
Honestly I'm with Jas on this one - it offers mostly all the same stuff that Sony & MS do, but it's cheaper, so I don't see it as that big of a deal. (I've had PS Plus for the past year which cost me £50!)

Don't they have extensive sales though, and free games that aren't NES? Which Nintendonline might have, but the moment we don't know that, and with Nintendo's online history I'd say it's too early to get excited.

Rum Rapture wrote:
My immediate thought was "is it going to expand to SNES games too?" because I don't really care for NES games, honestly. But it looks cool, and I think it's a step in the right direction! A big online-multiplayer-enabled library of games from their first home console is something I would not have expected from Nintendo ten years ago.
The_Jaster wrote:
Agreed! I only hope they don't drag their heels too long with when they start to add other consoles.

I agree with all of this, but I think that shows how slow Nintendo's been. Thus far I've been able to forgive them that because what they have provided has been free, but now that they're charging, they need to provide a bit more. SNES is the absolute minimum for me to hop on board unless there's a game I really want to play online, and then I'll feel like I'm being dragged over coals for it. But with the way Nintendo's sold this, and how long it took the Wii U Virtual Console to get up to scratch (debate point: did it ever?), I think those heels will be stuck in quicksand.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptySat 15 Sep 2018 - 17:34

Balla wrote:
Don't they have extensive sales though, and free games that aren't NES? Which Nintendonline might have, but the moment we don't know that, and with Nintendo's online history I'd say it's too early to get excited.

They do have sales which are generally good but the free games each month are more miss than hit for me, I can't even remember the last one I was truly excited to play so I just plonk them in my digital library and not download them most of the time. I probably wouldn't be subbed to PS+ if I didn't play a tonne of online MP like R6 Siege and MH World.

Balla wrote:
I agree with all of this, but I think that shows how slow Nintendo's been. Thus far I've been able to forgive them that because what they have provided has been free, but now that they're charging, they need to provide a bit more. SNES is the absolute minimum for me to hop on board unless there's a game I really want to play online, and then I'll feel like I'm being dragged over coals for it. But with the way Nintendo's sold this, and how long it took the Wii U Virtual Console to get up to scratch (debate point: did it ever?), I think those heels will be stuck in quicksand.

The games getting online MP has probably took up most of the time and I can't help but think Nintendo in the Wii U times would have given us something like 3 or 4 games to start and say the rest are coming soon. Everyone on here has sound reasons for not wanting to jump on so far but anyone else just seems like they are jumping on the Nintendo can't do online bandwagon, folk need to remember you are comparing a company doing a service like this for the first time to ones that have been out for 8+ years.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptySun 16 Sep 2018 - 21:40

Thirded - I'm definitely down for the online service. PS+'s free games might be current (and occasionally they do give away "big'ns" - e.g. MGSV, Bloodborne, Journey), but it's also a bit more expensive. Free NES games you say? It beats paying £3.50 each time like on the old Wii/WiiU eShops for something labelled a "cult classic" by RetroDipshits.com.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue 30 Oct 2018 - 19:10

Smash Direct at 2 on the 1st blokes - 40 minutes! Shocked That's a lot of Smash!

Followed by a Treehouse of Let's Go, Yoshi's Crafted World, Diablo, and yet more Smash.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue 30 Oct 2018 - 19:53

That's not enough Smash. I need more!

I hope we get a wee demo reveal tomorrow - I'd love to get my hands on the game early! I think I put something ridiculous like 15-20 hours into the Smash 3DS demo. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyThu 1 Nov 2018 - 18:48

That was an okay Direct, I though. Decent beginning, slow middle, and an absolutely belting end. Which is the right way around to do it.

Did it need 40 minutes though? Hm...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyThu 1 Nov 2018 - 22:05

I did totally switch off when they were showing off the Help menu and whatnot. A curse of the Direct style format is that Nintendo can indeed dedicate time to guff like the options menu and get away it, whereas Sony and Microsoft at E3 wouldn't dream of it.

Cracking Direct as a whole, mind. 2018 has been another belter of a year for games in my book.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyThu 1 Nov 2018 - 22:13

JayMoyles wrote:
I did totally switch off when they were showing off the Help menu and whatnot. A curse of the Direct style format is that Nintendo can indeed dedicate time to guff like the options menu and get away it, whereas Sony and Microsoft at E3 wouldn't dream of it.

Cracking Direct as a whole, mind. 2018 has been another belter of a year for games in my book.

MS actually do, do that in the (sort of) monthly Inside Xbox shows.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyThu 1 Nov 2018 - 22:15

Fair enough! Those haven't been as well publicised as the Nintendo Directs, so I wasn't considering that on the same level.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyThu 1 Nov 2018 - 22:36

JayMoyles wrote:
Fair enough! Those haven't been as well publicised as the Nintendo Directs, so I wasn't considering that on the same level.

This is sort of why I started Guilty Sparked as sites such as IGN, GameSpot etc don't really cover these things compared to how they do with Nintendo and PlayStation even though they do have plenty of info. The next one is XO18 though, which is a rather big event that should get direct like coverage.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue 22 Jan 2019 - 20:43

Tomorrow at 2pm Nintendo UK (it seems) are doing a Indie Direct, hopefully more games about geese.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue 22 Jan 2019 - 21:44

Aye I'm looking forward to it, the only things I'm hoping to see are dates for the goose game and My friend Pedro.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyTue 22 Jan 2019 - 22:19

I'm not looking forward to seeing something that I suddenly really badly want and have, just have, to shelve my backlog for. Again.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2019 - 15:10

Not the biggest fan of the voice over lassie -there were one or two moments where she read the script in such a way that you could tell she'd never heard the phrase before - but nice enough stuff.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2019 - 16:13

My picks:
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2019 - 16:31

Wargroove hype, and SteamWorld Quest should be on everyone's radar! I'm getting through Dig 2 at the moment, and Heist was a fantastic game (better than Dig 2)
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2019 - 17:44

I loved all the SteamWorld games but I need to see more of Quest before I can make up my mind on it, mainly how the card/battle system works.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2019 - 19:33

I did think that Quest looked like a bit of a kick in the teeth for people like you and Cappa.  That said, I&F did a poll asking which genre people would like them to look at next, and RPG won by a landslide (a proper landslide, not a '4% then is the immutable Will Of The People now' landslide).  

As for me,
Spoiler:

Last edited by Balladeer on Wed 23 Jan 2019 - 22:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2019 - 21:34

Wargroove looks great but is on everything, it does look very much a Switch game but Xbox One has Achievements & can be played with a Mouse and Keyboard plus I'd currently be playing Kingdom Hearts III on the Xbox at the time of release. Surprised you're keen on it Jas being a RPG.

Inmost looks lovely but it might be another Hollow Knight for me, as in I like the look of it but might not click.

CrossCode I've heard is the best game no one played in 2018

Unruly Heroes sort of reminds me of Rayman if it was a brawler thing

Then the big one SteamWorld Quest looks epic.

That's all took my fancy, some great games but I might not play them on Switch mind.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyWed 23 Jan 2019 - 22:13

Balla wrote:

I did think that Quest looked like a bit of a kick in the teeth for people like you and Cappa. That said, I&F did a poll asking which genre people would like them to look at next, and RPG won by a landslide (a proper landslide, not a '4% then is the immutable Will Of The People now) landslide.

Not annoyed by it tbh as I always knew it was going to be different from the others in the series (Heist is the best one for me) and after getting addicted to the card game (Gwent) in Witcher 3 I do have my eye on it more than I normally would have.

Mas wrote:

Wargroove looks great but is on everything, it does look very much a Switch game but Xbox One has Achievements & can be played with a Mouse and Keyboard plus I'd currently be playing Kingdom Hearts III on the Xbox at the time of release. Surprised you're keen on it Jas being a RPG.

It's a TBT game though and very much in the same mould as Advance Wars which I loved.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 19:03

Apparently there's another game doing something similar to SWQ coming out soon, called Slay the Spire. If it launches too close to SWQ it might find its sales... compromised.

It's a roguelike, though, so as far as I'm concerned that's what it deserves.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 20:18

Glad Wargroove has a date at long last - I've been jonesing to play that for quite some time. I'm with you all in being intrigued about Inmost. CrossCode looked ace too - fast paced as hell, which I'm all about.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 20:25

I'm conflicted as WarGroove and SteamWorld Quest are both made by the most excellent dev/pub combos in Chucklefish and I&F, and in fact seem to be in the same universes as their other hits (those were Starbound's Florans in WarGroove, which was a bit of a WTF moment) - but because they're both turn-based thingies I might give them a miss. I do like the look of that CrossCode though. Not sure about Inmost though.

Slightly digressive: with the bit at the end where they recapped all the best indie games that are currently available, it is nice to see, from Nintendo, a showcase of games that are actually genuinely a list of really good games, as opposed to whatever pish came out most recently. I need to play all of them first!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 EmptyThu 24 Jan 2019 - 20:52

I was thinking that myself with the indie roundup at the end, Jimbob. It's a tidy little sizzle reel that I reckon Nintendo should have pinned to the eShop somewhere for a recommendations list or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next