We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines

Go down 
+14
Buskalilly
Zaphod_B
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
MatthewNG
Athrun888
masofdas
The_Jaster
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Silver light
Balladeer
Axis1500
fronkhead
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 4 EmptyWed 29 Oct 2014 - 16:28

Gav, Joe, Matthew and Kate were a really great team and the podcast was a real highlight to me; it was a gateway drug to podcasts as a whole. Now I've got Midnight Resistance, Daft Souls, Bitsocket all going in my brain tubes every month. If will be missed.

Just finished the final ONM podcast. Really nice stuff, and that music at the end was the perfect choice to elicit a bit of a teary eyed response.

Also, anyone who finds that stuff funny should check out Regular Features. Funniest shit in the world, particularly when Gav busts out stories that make him sound like a very similar piss head to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 4 EmptySun 2 Nov 2014 - 15:37

As a forgetful soul, yesterday I received a copy of GamesMaster. It's had a cursory flip but no more; the subscription is now cancelled. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 4 EmptySun 2 Nov 2014 - 17:27

I've got mine also; I do have multiple formats now, so I'll read it more carefully before deciding what the future holds.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 4 EmptyMon 17 Nov 2014 - 16:56

Any of seen Nintendo has there own online magazine now called Extra
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 4 EmptyMon 17 Nov 2014 - 17:08

I'm sure it'll be super-objective and trustworthy.

Looks utterly charmless too. At least Nikki has been rescued from the scrap heap.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 4 EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014 - 0:04

Hm. I didn't know about it. And if I didn't know about it, how's any semi-casual Nintendo fan going to know about it?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Jan 2015 - 16:04

Not sure to put here or kickstarter but there's a Nintendo magazine called Nintendo Force, NLife has just put up a article about it but I did see it last night on twitter.

It's $25 to have it in print and they will ship worldwide, it's meant to be a replacement for Nintendo Power.

Ohh and Axis's fav Emily Rodgers writes for it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 12:22

*gently feeds 1-Up Mushroom*

Kate Gray talks about her time on ONM. V. sad.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 13:07

Nice stuff. Shocking to read that she was told the Magazine's days were numbered right there on day one.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 13:26

Aw! That gives me feels. There was clearly a very NGamer vibe that Castle brought to the office in the magazine's later days. Aww!

As for being told the magazine's days were numbered on day 1, yes that is tripe, but possibly better than being told during that month that your magazine is being wound up.

#FUFuture
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 16:33

Quote :

ONM had a soul, a style...it was becoming something super special...

Hmm, not sure. I'd agree if she was talking about Nintendo Gamer in 2012, unquestionably, but to me ONM never had the same quality of being exciting, energetic and of singularity. I mean, ONM was all right, but as "a perfect storm of silliness, passion and creativity, fuelled by having next to nothing to talk about", with was never, ever as good as the NGamer lineage of magazines.

Still, that's a good read.

On another note, a quick gander on Wikipedia tells me that it's been ten years since the first NGamer came out. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 4 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2016 - 2:54

Quote :
We were proud of what we did with the back page every issue, which was usually a terrible, self-indulgent joke - designing our own Monster Hunter weapons on Post-It notes and scanning them in; secret "leaked" quotes from Miyamoto; our predictions for the next 20 years of gaming.

I need to see these NOW!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 4 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2016 - 17:32

The_Jaster wrote:
Quote :
We were proud of what we did with the back page every issue, which was usually a terrible, self-indulgent joke - designing our own Monster Hunter weapons on Post-It notes and scanning them in; secret "leaked" quotes from Miyamoto; our predictions for the next 20 years of gaming.

I need to see these NOW!

I'll dig them out for you if you'd like
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4