We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Go down 
+22
Solve My Maze
Dead Lemon
Gogoata
fronkhead
Kornel
oldschool
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
Kieron
Fastpie
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Sentinator
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Empty
PostSubject: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyThu 2 Oct 2014 - 9:16

SSB3D-specific thread is here.  If something could go in either, use your intuition, or flip a coin.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Super_smash_bros_mario_galaxy_wii_u_3ds

• More characters than you can shake Palutena's wand at, including Mega Man, Pac-Man, Miis, and The Villager. Pale (Stop me if you've heard this before.)
  • Stages including Skyloft, Pilotwings planes, a massive Kid Icarus-based temple, and many more.
  • Most modes unknown as of yet.
  • Online multiplayer, customisable movesets, and (eventually) amiibo support.
  • Links up with the 3DS version.  We're not really sure how.
  • Rumoured release date of 21st November.  Formalised release date of "Winter 2014".

Let the discussion, hype etc. recommence.  Here's a picture of the new Assist Trophy, Sheriff (from the original dual-stick shooter, as Sakurai cheekily points out), to start things off.  Oh, and would people be up for more of my Smash Wiiks?  I'm on full-on everything spoiled mode now. Meh

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyThu 2 Oct 2014 - 12:25

I enjoyed your Smash updates Balla, so I'd appreciate more of them for sure!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyThu 2 Oct 2014 - 14:59

Yeah, keep em coming Balls Man! I like seeing that stuff but can't be bothered to track any of it down myself.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptySat 4 Oct 2014 - 10:23

Okay, will do!  That said, Sakurai has said that a lot of his Miiverse posts from now on are going to have to do with 3DS-version unlockables, so I'll be omitting those. Unless they're really funny.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 12:05

5th of December issue the confirmed date for the EU.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 12:13

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/478276/super-smash-bros-wii-u-and-amiibo-dated-with-trailer/

Perfect timing to be a Christmas game, but can I wait the twenty days? I may well pick this up on launch regardless, and do without Pokémon ORAS until Jesusmas.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 12:16

Is it a little bit late though to sell consoles for Christmas.  Also can't you afford both balla on your London wages balla.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 12:18

I can, but I like to get a big exciting game over Yuletide, to ignore my family with. Grin
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 13:28

YES! I'll be playing this version online so if anybody wants to play with me let me know.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 17:04

Also the yanks do get on the 21st like rumoured, so seems to be the 1 in 10 that's not worldwide also means if there is any secrets they'll all be be spoiled for us Europeans and Japanesse (6th of December). The date makes great sense for the USA as that's just before black friday, shame Nintendo can't do worldwide for some reason but unlike the yanks we have no other game coming in December unlike them with there Capitan Toad.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 7 Oct 2014 - 17:14; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 17:11

Sadly I won't be getting this anytime soon due to my lack of a Wii U, but fortunately if those "link your 3DS and Wii U copies to get goodies" rumours turn out to be true, my brother is getting a copy so I'll be able to leech off him.

I'm interested to see just how much this differs from the 3DS version, as we've had no concrete info as of yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 17:27

It's also been confirmed you'll be able to get the game as
Stand-alone disc £39.85 on ShopTo
eShop download
GameCube adapter pack unlike the yanks ours only has the adapter £46.85 on ShopTo then you have to buy the controller on top  
Amiibo pack which is the game with a Mario Amiibo £49.85 on ShopTo
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 18:58

masofdas wrote:
GameCube adapter pack unlike the yanks ours only has the adapter £46.85 on ShopTo then you have to buy the controller on top

Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo

It also doesn't look like the official cube pads with the smash logo on them either Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 19:58

The box has a picture of the official pad on it on the side with writng which I can't make out but guess it's sold separately, so you would think Nintendo will sell them here along with the adapter on it's own.

I'm going to go which ever ends up being the cheapest that gives me The Game, Mario Amiibo, Adapter and a Controller.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 21:19

I'm going to say something controversial now; I'd normally not care, but...

I can't believe this GameCube Controller thing has actually happened, and I sort of wish it hadn't. I know Smash Bros. is steeped in history, and I do HATE it when game sequels are crammed onto hardware that doesn't work with it (*cough*Donkey Kong Country Returns*/cough*), but... do you really need a ported-up decade-old controller? I can't imagine that it feels that much difference on a WiiU pro controller. I'm going to resist paying for a variation of something I already have.

But I am on for 5/12/14 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

EDIT: Wait. I don't have a pro controller. I only have the pad, and Wii Remotes with classic controllers. Can you use Wii classic controllers with SSBfWU?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 21:34

I think SMASH U will work with every control scheme there is.

Also Nintendo has the GameCube controller's on there site for £24.99 each.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyWed 8 Oct 2014 - 2:26

jimbob wrote:
Can you use Wii classic controllers with SSBfWU?

I think mas will no doubt be correct that you can but I personally didn't like using it for brawl, it's all down to the button placement on the cube pad that makes it essential, however I don't see myself paying anything massively over the £20 mark.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyWed 8 Oct 2014 - 6:22

I'm keen on the GameCube controller adapter, purely because I never owned an original GC pad and would really love to get one new. It seems nuts to me to have an adapter pack without the controller bundled in, though. Duh!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyWed 8 Oct 2014 - 9:40

It's a weird one isn't Jas as I bet like me you've got GameCube Controllers but that black SMASH one does look cool, the white one looks even better from Japan. And if you've not got Cube Controllers then there's the PDP's at £18 each.

It does seem nut's Zero but you think some how $XX all ways seems to be £XX even if it shouldn't be as $99 Cube pack in USA = £74.72 here but I was expecting to pay around the £99 mark but if you work out what we will pay from Nintendo site that's buy the pack with adapter for £55 then the controller for £25 that's £80 which is less then I thought it would be and only fiver more then what it really should be.

Then if your like me add the Mario Amiibo or Who Ever that brings it to £91 which like I said I thought I be paying around that in the first place without a Amiibo (and I can buy amiibo's before the game is out) also that's the cheapest option as if buy Amiibo pack for £60 then adapter for £18 then controller for £25 it comes to £103.

But a nice pack with all of it in would of been nice though.

Just put a preorder in at ShopTo for the Adapter pack and the GameCube Controller and it comes to just under £73 which means were paying less then the yanks yay. But Amiibo's might be something for Christmas as SMASH comes in the same pay packet as some big games in late November.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyWed 8 Oct 2014 - 20:56

mas wrote:
It's a weird one isn't Jas as I bet like me you've got GameCube Controllers but that black SMASH one does look cool, the white one looks even better from Japan. And if you've not got Cube Controllers then there's the PDP's at £18 each

I don't really need the new one but as you said it looks cool & it'd also give me my fourth cube pad so there's that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyWed 8 Oct 2014 - 22:28

I have four (actually five) somewhere, scattered around my parents' house in goodness knows what condition. Would have been nice to have a guaranteed working pad. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyThu 9 Oct 2014 - 1:55

I've no real interest in getting the Cube adapter, I only have 2 controllers so far and would like more to play old Cube games but in terms of Wii U Smash Bros I'm happy enough to stick with my pro and classic controllers.

I was more interested in an Amiibo bundle but I'm rather disappointed with the offering, only one option for the same price as buying them separate so I just went ahead and pre ordered the stand alone game and A Fox Amiibo (tempted by quite a lot of them based on the characters I've been using though). Where was out Disney Infinity style bundle with a few packed together for a decent price?

On the subject of Amiibo, how long do we reckon it'll take for special edition Amiibo's to show up?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyThu 9 Oct 2014 - 7:11

I really want a new cube control because my main control no longer has the disk on the analogue stick.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyThu 9 Oct 2014 - 10:18

The SMASH pad will take me to 5 (6 if you count the chainsaw) GameCube controllers and still wouldn't mind a Wavebird (still don't know why Nintendo just didn't make it a Wavebird). Which will give me the one I'm likely use my RE4 controller, Spice Orange, Two-Tone transparent, the SMASH design and some 3rd party thing which isn't bad but as I've got two GameCubes (I want a 3rd as well from the states), I really should have 8 controllers 4 for each system.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U EmptyThu 9 Oct 2014 - 18:23

Treesmurf wrote:
On the subject of Amiibo, how long do we reckon it'll take for special edition Amiibo's to show up?

You've got to hope that doesn't happen on a regular basis and for at least ten months. Nintendo will have to have a few dire financial reports before they resort to that, I'd say/imagine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Page 1 of 25Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next