We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Go down 
+22
Solve My Maze
Dead Lemon
Gogoata
fronkhead
Kornel
oldschool
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
Kieron
Fastpie
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Sentinator
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 4:58

Fem-Robin = canon Robin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 7:51

My Robin was female.

On Cloud, I think Nintendo's reasons he's in is valid on the remake. Andy brought it up in Skype chat and Sony are pushing it way to much, if I was to have a bet on it I'd say it's PS4 & PC only and comes first on PS4 ala Kojima's game.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 9:09

Didn't realise Robin had a changeable gender; I've never played the game and he always looked male in the promotional artwork. Embarrassed Can I claim that my point still stands for the layperson?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 9:18

Some grand answers there from Zero and DL, who also managed to follow the sub-condition - apparently a tricky thing! Tongue I've got to say that I don't miss the Climbers at all. I found them rather fiddly, and if their only game is going to be a rather forgettable NES one, perhaps Rosalina's better placed to take the dual-character fighting forward.

Or they could find somebody else to do that role! Twinrova perhaps? Then Zelda would at least have the same amount of characters as bloody FE... (I've read Athrun's post, I just don't agree with the reasoning. Six characters from a non-major-globally franchise, several of which play almost the same, is ridiculous however you look at it.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 9:53

ZeroJones wrote:
Didn't realise Robin had a changeable gender; I've never played the game and he always looked male in the promotional artwork. Embarrassed Can I claim that my point still stands for the layperson?

Have you always used the default character in SMASH then and never looked at other colours etc
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 11:18

masofdas wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

Have you always used the default character in SMASH then and never looked at other colours etc

Sir, I barely play Smash at all. I've certainly never knowingly chosen Robin (though s/he may have come up as a random when I played my cousin Joe that one time (or was it Shulk?)).
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 15:49

The point is Smash isn't just about fame, it's about advertising.  To put it bluntly, Fire Emblem right now is more relevant than characters that haven't been in a game in over a decade and not likely seeing that chance in the near future, and it will see far higher financial returns than most alternatives.  

If I were the head of a company and I was looking to maximize profits, I'd put Corrin in over a ton of characters too.  It gets everyone who likes Fates buying smash, and it gets every person interested in Fire Emblem aware that Fates is just around the corner and ready.  Awakening was highly successful, giving Fates exposure is nothing more than common sense when one looks at history and where the franchise is right now.  

Even the Inklings, which seemed possible, in hindsight make less sense.  Sure, they're relevant, sure, they're popular.  But what good does including them as a dlc character right now serve?  The Splatoon train has left the station a long while ago, whereas Smash 5 will likely be in a position to capitalize on a Splatoon 2.  
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 16:24

"What good"?  To don my Jimothy Sterling hat for a moment, it's about what the gamers want, not the bottom line - or at least it should be!  While I understand that Nintendo's on a sticky wicket right now financially, any decision that sacrifices gamer interests for profits and marketing can, as I believe the old Scottish saying goes, "get tae fock".
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 17:33

Athrun888 wrote:
The point is Smash isn't just about fame, it's about advertising.

Surely when it comes to DLC, you should be trying to release characters that appeal to the widest possible audience? If you're talking about profits, then characters like Cloud and Bayonetta make the most sense over a character who hasn't even been released in the West yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 18:43

Athrun888 wrote:
The point is Smash isn't just about fame, it's about advertising.  To put it bluntly, Fire Emblem right now is more relevant than characters that haven't been in a game in over a decade and not likely seeing that chance in the near future, and it will see far higher financial returns than most alternatives.  

If I were the head of a company and I was looking to maximize profits, I'd put Corrin in over a ton of characters too.  It gets everyone who likes Fates buying smash, and it gets every person interested in Fire Emblem aware that Fates is just around the corner and ready.  Awakening was highly successful, giving Fates exposure is nothing more than common sense when one looks at history and where the franchise is right now.  

Even the Inklings, which seemed possible, in hindsight make less sense.  Sure, they're relevant, sure, they're popular.  But what good does including them as a dlc character right now serve?  The Splatoon train has left the station a long while ago, whereas Smash 5 will likely be in a position to capitalize on a Splatoon 2.  

Mainly to the part I've put in bold:

Why sell people something they are likely already sold on though? Also considering the amount of FE characters already in smash most big FE fans will already have the game.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 7:55

The_Jaster wrote:
Why sell people something they are likely already sold on though? Also considering the amount of FE characters already in smash most big FE fans will already have the game.

Because audiences can always be expanded, and a company should always be moving to precisely that goal.  The idea of "why sell people what they're already sold on" is why Xenoblade X, a game that has mass market potential, is instead rotting away as a small seller.  

Actually the introverted approach to advertising is why the Wii U has been a complete flop in general really.  

JayMoyles wrote:
Surely when it comes to DLC, you should be trying to release characters that appeal to the widest possible audience? If you're talking about profits, then characters like Cloud and Bayonetta make the most sense over a character who hasn't even been released in the West yet.

It's not just about the dlc's own profits, but also the actual games profits and exposure.  Bayonetta is in a similar position actually, and her games are always in need of more exposure just like Corrin and Fire Emblem.  Cloud, not so much, true, but then again the point of guest crossovers is always exposure for both parties anyhow and Cloud was very much also about getting Smash (and therefore everything in Smash) more exposure.  I guarantee you there'll be more long-term fans of Nintendo properties created because of Cloud's inclusion, I myself have become a convert for various franchises through similar cross-overs in the past (Soul Calibur through Link, and truth be told Fire Emblem went on my radar through Smash as well).

Balladeer wrote:
"What good"?  To don my Jimothy Sterling hat for a moment, it's about what the gamers want, not the bottom line - or at least it should be!  While I understand that Nintendo's on a sticky wicket right now financially, any decision that sacrifices gamer interests for profits and marketing can, as I believe the old Scottish saying goes, "get tae fock".

I think it's more than a bit arrogant to say ones personal tastes defines the best interests of every single person under the sun.  Lets not act like anybodies interests were damaged because a entirely optional extra character was added that doesn't happen to align with a few peoples personal tastes.  You don't see me moaning because Lucas got back in do you?  

Lets be real here, it may sting but Corrin is, in fact, far more relevant to the modern scene than any number of supposed "icons" people are crying at being left on the side.  Besides, it's not even like characters were ignored because of this, Bayonetta got in.  

Frankly I'm just fed up with the entire attitude flying around the internet right now.  It's taken me a while to figure out exactly what about it has been pissing me off, I've now figured it out: entitlement.  We're not being catered to!  It should be our character in Smash, not this character we don't like!  That's what all these complaints really boil down to.  

I've explained multiple times why Corrin got in over any number of characters with reasoning that should be frankly obvious and understandable.  if people cannot understand it and accept it the same way I've accepted over a dozen similar character inclusions that I couldn't give a stuff about then, well, I'm done spending my time on the subject.  Probably wise anyway as it's starting to get on my nerves.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 18:04

athrun wrote:

Because audiences can always be expanded, and a company should always be moving to precisely that goal. The idea of "why sell people what they're already sold on" is why Xenoblade X, a game that has mass market potential, is instead rotting away as a small seller.

Actually the introverted approach to advertising is why the Wii U has been a complete flop in general really.

Sure you can always expand on the audience but with a lot of people saying they don't like the amount of FE characters in the game they could also become tired of the series & perhaps feel that Fates is being forced upon them.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptyMon 21 Dec 2015 - 21:21

They do want us to buy Fates three times that yeah you can say that Jas.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015 - 9:43

This is info from Famitsu

Sakurai, explained how these 3 characters came to be in the game:

Cloud was a decision based on the fact that he was the most popular Final Fantasy character.

Sakurai felt that the game was featuring too many Fire Emblem characters, but the development team assured him that Corrin would make for an interesting competitor.

Bayonetta got in because she placed in the Top 5 in North America and Number 1 in Europe in the fan voting. She was the top choice in votes in terms of a character Nintendo could actually negotiate to have in the game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015 - 18:19

Quote :

Sakurai felt that the game was featuring too many Fire Emblem characters, but the development team assured him that Corrin would make for an interesting competitor.

So basicaly he was forced to put Corrin in.

Fuck'Nintendo

Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015 - 18:30

Hmmm. Fuckintendo? Fuckingtendo? Not sure about that one.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015 - 18:46

T'was meant to be a parody of "FucKonami" so Fuck'Nintendo = Fuck'n Nintendo
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptySun 27 Dec 2015 - 0:18

Can we not just say Sakurai wanted Corrin in the game so decided to put them in? A lot of decisions made on Smash Bros are his personal preference and clearly he or someone high is big on Fire Emblem, let's be honest, the characters are easily transferable to Smash Bros.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptySun 27 Dec 2015 - 10:11

His interview says otherwise though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptySun 27 Dec 2015 - 12:24

Sakurai still gets the final word though. If he truly didn't want a character in the game, he wouldn't put it in.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptyMon 28 Dec 2015 - 20:48

Double post, but I've had the chance to properly sit down and have a bash about with Cloud. He's a lot of fun! His limit break keeps him from feeling like your usual anime swordsman in Smash (no counter, thank god) and his near OHKO limit break move makes him feel like a cross betwee Ike and Little Mac. Top work!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptyTue 29 Dec 2015 - 18:52

I enjoy playing as Cloud, but I still can't quite get over my contempt for the character's presence in this game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptyTue 29 Dec 2015 - 22:34

Balla, we could probably replace Cloud's name with half the roster there and that'd still be an accurate statement from yourself. Winky Face

Nah, in all fairness it does seem a bit odd having a Nontendo character in Smash. That doesn't take anything away from the character though - bloody fun to play, even if I do end up killing myself all too often by hitting b twice whilst trying to recover.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2015 - 8:48

I downloaded Mr Strife last night, he is really fun to play as compared to the other anime swordsman. He's the 1st add-on I've bought for SMAASH and how good he's been is making me want to get Ryu more.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 EmptyTue 5 Jan 2016 - 0:25

The accompanying level is great fun too, despite again being Nontendo the stage feels like the right fit for Smash Bros.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Page 23 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next