We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miiverse Moments

Go down 
+7
Jimbob
shanks
The_Jaster
masofdas
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Balladeer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Miiverse Moments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miiverse Moments   Miiverse Moments - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 22:25

It's a damm shame is what it is, Miiverse just has this feel to it that's hard to replicate with any other social media, Twitter comes closest but it's still not quite the same. Hopefully the closing of Miiverse comes with better options for sharing, I know I'm itching for the video capture to get patched in but I can sense that being the Switch's TVii.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse Moments   Miiverse Moments - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Aug 2017 - 22:52

Miiverse was good fun at the start, but when less and less folk start playing Wii U, it was a bit knackered. There was a download game where my post was the newest one for weeks, and I'm sure that was a common tale. I'd love to see it on Switch in a way, but maybe it's had it's day. It wasn't the most efficient thing ever.

Still, I liked it, I didn't use Miiverse enough, I've undervalued it. But it's not as gutting to lose Miiverse as it was to lose The Weather Channel though, which was a genuinely upsetting blow.

Sad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse Moments   Miiverse Moments - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 19:01

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Miiverse was good fun at the start, but when less and less folk start playing Wii U, it was a bit knackered.

This is the problem, isn't it? But that's more the Wii U than Miiverse. I'm sure it would've done well with a relaunch on a decent machine.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse Moments   Miiverse Moments - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 19:11

Balladeer wrote:
The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Miiverse was good fun at the start, but when less and less folk start playing Wii U, it was a bit knackered.

This is the problem, isn't it?  But that's more the Wii U than Miiverse.  I'm sure it would've done well with a relaunch on a decent machine.

Yes, a soft relaunch... maybe it could have been called... Grackleverse. Cool
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse Moments   Miiverse Moments - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Aug 2017 - 22:35

I like your style, Zero. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse Moments   Miiverse Moments - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Sep 2017 - 9:39

A question for y'all, and I'm genuinely curious as to the answer: how many Miis do you have on your active consoles?  By which I mean, 3DS and Switch (especially the latter).  I've only got 9 on Switch (of which two were made today), because there's no way (that I've seen) to easily transfer across and no real incentive to do so.  

I think the Miis are headed the way of the 'Verse that shares their name.  And again, I'd be sad to see them go.  They're simple, cute, full of character - truly Nintendo-ish.  I can't think of a variety of user avatar that I'd rather use on my Switch than a Mii.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse Moments   Miiverse Moments - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Sep 2017 - 9:27

I've got myself, my slightly different Japanese self, and the cast of the Fast and Furious films.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse Moments   Miiverse Moments - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Sep 2017 - 9:49

I've not got any on either Switch or 3DS, the Wii U may have a few as I've not seen a point of having them, unless a game uses them.

Same goes for Xboxes Avatars, I made one when they came out and that was it as I never used and those are great and I think they had or having an update where if you have a visible disability, so can your avatar.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse Moments   Miiverse Moments - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Sep 2017 - 10:13

"Miis on my active consoles", you say? *scratches chin thoughtfully*

*reaches for 3DS*

There are five on the Switch and nineteen (?!) on the 3DS. That figure is so high because I downloaded most of youse and all the NGamer team Miis I could find. Cool As for their future, I will be definitively sadder to see them leave than I will when Miiverse bids us the long 'so long'. I reckon their role will diminish but they're too useful as avatars; despite the ability to choose Ninty characters to represent you on your Switch, the majority of my Switch buds use Miis. On the other hand, they could be used in games more widely: imagine being able to use a version of your Mii as your avatar in Pokémon Switch, for example. Love
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse Moments   Miiverse Moments - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Sep 2017 - 16:01

Yeah just the one on Switch & without checking my 3ds I probably have a similar number to Zero.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse Moments   Miiverse Moments - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Sep 2017 - 21:09

Similar - two only on Switch, as there are two profiles - a butt-ton on the 3ds as a left-over from Tomodachi Life.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse Moments   Miiverse Moments - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 5:50

Cheers gents.  It's the one/two Mii cases that make me think they're on the way out.  While Zero's right that most use them as their avatar, that's all they're used for these days - if it continues in that way, I don't think people will end up being too bothered if they're scrapped. Sad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse Moments   Miiverse Moments - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 18:25

Balladeer wrote:
 While Zero's right that most use them as their avatar, that's all they're used for these days

Considering that we've only just had a Mii focused adventure in Miitopia, I disagree with this part.

I do think they're done for on Switch. I've only got the one Mii for my profile picture on Switch. On the other hand, my 3DS is overflowing with different Miis from both Tomodachi Life and Miitopia. I think they'll last as long as the 3DS does.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse Moments   Miiverse Moments - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 18:52

That's fair. But the 3DS has a year in it, and I don't see another Mii-focussed game coming out for it... although I probably should get on Miitopia.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse Moments   Miiverse Moments - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Sep 2017 - 23:35

I think I'd be bothered, I only have 2 on the Switch at the moment but that's down to as mentioned, no games really using them but I'd still like to see them used and even expanded on with more customisation options like different clothes. If there's a market for things like Miitopia which judging from it's decent sales then there's a market for Mii characters as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse Moments   Miiverse Moments - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miiverse Moments
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2