We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~

Go down 
+15
oldschool
Admin
Treesmurf
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Athrun888
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptySun 6 Dec 2015 - 23:27

It doesn't really bother me all too much as I've got a PS2, PS3 and PS4. I'll probably buy Dark Cloud to play it with trophies. The pricing isn't awful - a little higher than I expected, sure - but it doesn't really bother me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptyMon 7 Dec 2015 - 10:45

mas wrote:
Then there's PS2 games on PS3 which you can buy and they don't transfer over, that this is lead people to moan about having to buy PS2 classics.

I can see their point here tbh as a discounted price/upgrade wouldn't be tough to implement.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptyMon 7 Dec 2015 - 11:38

But where is Dark Chronicle
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptyMon 7 Dec 2015 - 11:44

Hoping it comes and we a classic sort of each week or something and it's steady stream of games.

Watching Kinda Funny and PS2 classics came up & Colin went on a little rant and I totally agree what he brought up buying Star Wars on VHS, that you wouldn't expect to have the Blu Ray or Digital version for free or just pay a upgrade cost.

No you just buy it, and enjoy it now in 1080p etc like these PS2 classics.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 17:17

Wow, erm... is it me or does the 3DS' 2016 look chuffing awful? The Wii U has new Zelda, old Zelda, Starfox, Yooka-Laylee, Pokken. The 3DS has... this load of bunk. And absolutely naff-all if you don't like JRPGs/have already played HW.

There's also AA6 and the Dragon Quests, I suppose, and we don't have Fire Emblem yet. But wow, that's still an awfully empty schedule. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 17:26

I only need to hear the words "Monster Hunter X is coming to Europe" and I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 17:49

I thought the 3DS looked excellent for 2016 compared to Wii U, okay there may not a big game part from Fates but still a great line up.

I just done my anticipated Nintendo games YouTube video and there 14 games to get down to 10 and the 3DS had the most games out of the two.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 21:44

Balladeer wrote:
Wow, erm... is it me or does the 3DS' 2016 look chuffing awful?  The Wii U has new Zelda, old Zelda, Starfox, Yooka-Laylee, Pokken.  The 3DS has... this load of bunk.  And absolutely naff-all if you don't like JRPGs/have already played HW.

There's also AA6 and the Dragon Quests, I suppose, and we don't have Fire Emblem yet.  But wow, that's still an awfully empty schedule. Sad

To be honest, it sounds pretty great to me! I've not played Hyrule Warriors so I'm looking forward to that, I'm excited for Fire Emblem and I'm also now looking forward to playing Ace Attorney 6 if that's hitting this year. Add in a ton of neat looking JRPGs and I'm sold. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 21:47

I have played HW and I'm pretty tempted to return to it. Must be going crazy.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptyFri 8 Jan 2016 - 20:11

Hoping that this doesn't count as news, but... I've not played a single game in the GameFAQs 2015 GOTY poll. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptyFri 8 Jan 2016 - 21:02

If this is any consolation, I've only played 2. There are also 2 I intend to play soon, and one I watched Muss play.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptySat 9 Jan 2016 - 20:01

Only played the one in that list so I wouldn't worry plus......

L.....O.....L GameFAQs.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptySat 9 Jan 2016 - 21:26

Gamefaqs is pretty cool actually, on some of the niche-r boards anyway. It's big enough that you can find all sorts there. I'll take it over lolgaf or Reddit and That Place That Shall Not Be Named any day of the week.

On the poll, not really strange to only play a few of the titles on it. Haven't slept for almost a day so I'm not really able to articulate why right now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptySat 9 Jan 2016 - 21:53

Technically I've played for 5 of them for at least a bit but Gamefaqs is weird Undertale won best game of all time poll by beating Ocarina of Time in the final I believe and Final Fantasy IX & Fallout 3 on the way.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptySat 9 Jan 2016 - 22:00

Rumour has it Undertale won through vote stuffing apparently. Same thing is believed to have happened when Draven won the last character popularity contest.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptySat 9 Jan 2016 - 22:12

Athrun888 wrote:
I'll take it over That Place That Shall Not Be Named any day of the week.

Mate, there are people on here from SONM, lay off. Let bygones be bygones.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptySat 9 Jan 2016 - 22:13

Nah, it wasn't vote stuffing - the GameFAQs site admins confirmed no foul play, if I recall correctly. It was just a massive rally by its fans, plus recency bias, plus folks voting for it to make Ocarina/FF7 fans really salty. And it worked!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptySat 9 Jan 2016 - 22:47

I'm not sure I'd believe what the admins have to say about the matter honestly.  Ones view of the hierarchy of the site over time.   Laughing

Drunkalilly wrote:
Mate, there are people on here from SONM, lay off. Let bygones be bygones.

Laughing

I never had a problem with the place personally.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptySun 10 Jan 2016 - 3:39

Athrun888 wrote:
Gamefaqs is pretty cool actually, on some of the niche-r boards anyway.  It's big enough that you can find all sorts there.  I'll take it over lolgaf or Reddit and That Place That Shall Not Be Named any day of the week.  

On the poll, not really strange to only play a few of the titles on it.  Haven't slept for almost a day so I'm not really able to articulate why right now.  

I used to post in some sections of GFAQs a few years ago & met a few decent folk who I still have on my playstation friends list today but overall I found you had to sift through a lot of shite to find the good things.

Very useful site for guides though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptySun 10 Jan 2016 - 8:45

Own two of those games, played one. I feel I'm missing out on one from that list (Bloodborne).

Although I will repeat what I've been saying, and urge Zero and Jas to get their Skell on.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptySun 10 Jan 2016 - 18:42

Balladeer wrote:
Own two of those games, played one.  I feel I'm missing out on one from that list (Bloodborne).

Although I will repeat what I've been saying, and urge Zero and Jas to get their Skell on.

I do intend to get XCX and since I beat Bayonetta 2 I have no big meaty retail game to play on wii U, finding it hard to pull myself away from Rainbow six siege though.

Also if you do end up with a ps4 at some point, balla then Bloodborne is absolutely essential.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptySun 10 Jan 2016 - 18:54

I'm sure I will. My only worry (short of, y'know, not owning the chuffing console) is that I don't have much patience with games that not only delight in Gamer Over-ing me, but punish me for Game Over-ing.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptySun 10 Jan 2016 - 19:10

The important moment of a souls game is reaching the understanding with yourself to not think of death and game over the way you do in other games. Death is just something that happens, and part of progress.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptyMon 11 Jan 2016 - 20:20

Good point - it deliberately doesn't use the words Game Over when you die. It just tells you that You Died.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 EmptyMon 11 Jan 2016 - 21:20

Alternatively...

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 457-1-1375296488
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next