We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~

Go down 
+15
oldschool
Admin
Treesmurf
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Athrun888
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Oct 2014 - 1:08

Fair enough, I also misread the last part of your other post that you are going to try before buying.

----

Random thought: I've recently been playing Alien Isolation & despite really enjoying it I've experienced a couple little technical hiccups where you have to wait for a button prompt to appear before climbing into a vent or hold it to hide in a locker & it doesn't quite take your button press the first time.

I'm not sure if this is just me panicking (due to a big creepy bastard-ing alien chasing me) so it seems worse or the game legitimately has a problem at times with button inputs.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Oct 2014 - 10:01

Okay this is a weird one what's peoples thoughts on this new PS4 feature, seems a good way to demo a game with someone else, also I'm still suck on a bit on guacamelee, so hoping Andy or Jas can do it for me.

Yo think good or not and should others try it in some form.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Oct 2014 - 14:39

It's the local multiplayer over the internet feature that excites me the most. Finally I'll get some decent Towerfall in.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Oct 2014 - 15:06

yeah forgot about that game also can now play sport friends
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Oct 2014 - 22:18

It's a neat feature but only having a maximum of an hour to play makes it feel like a glorified timed demo to me, now I don't expect access to the full game forever but it'd be nice if that was longer.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Oct 2014 - 22:22

They've showed with likes of FIFA which is a game like Towefall kinda makes a lot of sense for even a hour otherwise on something like me letting you play mordor for instance will feel like a glorified demo.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Oct 2014 - 22:27

Oh it will definitely work better for certain types of games (can every game use share play btw or is it just selected titles?) I can just envisiona moment where you're having a fun MP game & then bam! your time runs out before you get to finish.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 11:56

I was on Nintendo Life's forums and seen one of the top threads is games you wish were on the Wii U. I was going to make a thread tilted I wish I was on U but it's more of a random thought though. Some of them there had some good ideas like diablo III as you could mange your inventory on the gamepad for instance.

Most on there was sensible with what they said, so no halo's for instance.

One I would of liked to see is Dragon Age Inquisition as if you play it the more tactical way, you could use the gamepad to select the action of a character then where to hit if it was a spell and you could select four of your party with ease then watch it play out just by tapping them. Instead of switching between them or pausing to set-up your attacks.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 13:13

There really are so many PC only games that'd be a perfect fit on wii U and it's mind boggling to me that not many devs have jumped at the chance to port games to it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 13:14

yeah as wouldn't x-com work well on the U for instance as well.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 13:22

Any RTS game would work to be honest or other genres that arguably work better with keyboard and mouse, the big one is obviously minecraft.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Nov 2014 - 16:25

XCom would be great although I'd honestly rather see it on a handheld. Any big free - roaming title would benefit from a well - integrated gamepad map.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyTue 4 Nov 2014 - 7:16

In the Last game you finished thread, Jay mentioned a game called Evoland - an RPG whose art style evolves as the game goes on. It looks a bit like Zelda (or different iterations of Zelda!) and so would be great on a Nintendo machine.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyWed 5 Nov 2014 - 10:58

Been thinking about this, but the only one that naturally jumps to mind is Zelda. I'm about as good as Wii U launch-period Nintendo at thinking up gamepad uses.

They could always use it to display a customisable interface for controlling a robot, say. Food for thought come XCX. Could maybe also come in handy during a Metroid game: control Samus' gunship? And I'd still like to see a genuine Wario Ware on the U - none of that "Game &" rubbish.

As far as pure wishes are concerned, though, I just want a Metroid and an F-Zero. And an Ice Climbers. And a new franchise. And a 3D Mario that's based around the SM64 template. And a Paper Mario. And a Pokémon XD sequel. And, and, and.

Saw an advert on the tube for CoDAW (pronounced like "Hodor", if you're southern), specifically for the XBox editions. Tagline was, "Power changes everything." Couldn't help thinking that it should have been a PS4 advert in that case. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyWed 5 Nov 2014 - 12:42

Only Balla would go for Nintendo games you want on Wii U, I would of thought you'd at least try picking something noun-nintendo with something like Ni Nu Kuni or Tales of Whatever. You could have all the actions on the gamepad leaving the TV screen nice and clean of them.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyWed 5 Nov 2014 - 12:58

"Only Balla"? I think quite a few other people would like to see some other Ninty franchises on the console. Imagine drawing a track for F-Zero, like SSBU's stage builder. Take the ill-fated 64DD expansion to its obvious conclusion.

If it has to be third-parties, though, Okami is an obvious one. Draw Celestial Brush shapes on the gamepad. Phoenix Wright another, if we're talking about tidy inventories and menus.

Also METEOSMETEOSMETEOS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyWed 5 Nov 2014 - 13:08

Yes but that's a completely different question to what I asked and you would hope a Metroid game would come to the U any way and you have your new franchise in Splatoon.

If the question was what Nintendo game aren't yet on the Wii U would you like, then I would kinda like a new Doshin the Giant.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyWed 5 Nov 2014 - 13:45

You asked for "games you wish were on the Wii U". If that's actually "games not including Nintendo titles you wish were on the Wii U", you need to be more specific.

I forgot about Splatoon, though, but I'm still a little iffy about it. No online here. Needs a decent one-player or local mode for me to give it the time of day.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyWed 5 Nov 2014 - 13:48

I still don't get how in London you can't get good online, as I think the online experience will make or break Splatoon .
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyWed 5 Nov 2014 - 21:56

Super Smash Bros.

Oh wait

Actually, although it's now too late, given Namco's current chumminess I wish they'd made a Dark Souls II version for the WiiU. There are still plenty of Nintendo fans from the "NES hard" era, and, given you can't pause, having the menus on the touchscreen would be a lot safer than pressing the wrong d-pad button and swapping your sword for a bow with no arrows, when you meant to heal yourself.
Not that I've done that. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 3:13

Even though I've put about 100 hours into DSII (still not truly done with it) I'd really like to see a wii U version as well, namco are only the publisher though so I'm not sure how much pull they have with From software.

Maybe take a nod from Platinum games and bundle DS 1 & 2 together? (I'd include demon souls in there too but I think Sony still own the IP) Imagine those three games bundled together though? *drools*

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 PY7wM2t
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyThu 6 Nov 2014 - 9:26

You could see Nintendo working with From Software though maybe one of there Hyrule Warriors like spin-offs, now who fit's the Souls Model. And yes Demon's is Sony's.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyFri 7 Nov 2014 - 6:17

Plundered from GameFAQs: a list of the Top Ten Third-Party Wii Games.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/2759-the-top-10-third-party-wii-games

Er, as the URL also explains. Embarrassed The list's compiler says he tried not to include ports or multiplatform releases, which is why you won't find Resident Evil 4 or Rayman Origins in there.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 6:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added clarification.)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyFri 7 Nov 2014 - 7:15

Hmm not sure about that list, off the top of my head it's missing games like MHTri and Epic Mickey. Plus it includes Pandora's Tower Lol!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 EmptyFri 7 Nov 2014 - 10:04

It's got Overkill in the list didn't that get released on PSN and Muramasa which is on VITA, No More Heroes is on PS3,  The Last Story & Pandora's Tower were published by Nintendo. Yeah so not a great list games there.

But it is a interesting question but all I can think of is Epic Mickey, MadWorld, No More Heroes 2, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure and that's about it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next