We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~

Go down 
+15
oldschool
Admin
Treesmurf
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Athrun888
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptyThu 1 Dec 2016 - 20:25

I love apocalyptic, grim atmospheres- my favourite book is The War of the Worlds- but it is nice to have some variety. Also, my absolute favourite thing, no matter how cheesy it is, is when a work of fiction has an apocalyptic, hopeless atmosphere but a happy ending.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptyFri 2 Dec 2016 - 22:14

Not sure where to put this so into the random thoughts it goes.

---

I found the praise for Kojima or rather the way they went about it at the game awards very very bizarre, I enjoy the guys games as well but the fact the whole Konami thing is dwelled on years later shows how childish the industry still is. Yes, it was a childish move from Konami to not let him attend in 2015 but it was a bit OTT of Geoff Keighley to call it a tragedy.

I have to say I agree wholeheartedly with Rich Stanton when he said this:

Quote :
I love Kojima's work but his version of events is far too easily accepted.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 15:54

I just posted in the Konami and how they stink thread on this and on what Geoff said after in a interview after on what what happened to Kojima along with the speech at The Game Awards.

Of course Geoff and Kojima are mates, we know this and I would take my mates word on what happened and if it is true then it was a tragedy to lock a creative genius away on his on for 6 months.

And Del Toro chimed in as well on it and seems he thinks similar to Geoff on what happend.

I did article ages ago on making Konami Great Again, even if they did everything I said to do to make them great again still #FucKonami
Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 CYVKO5bWYAANa5i
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 16:27

Mas, you've just posted the same thing in four different threads! Are you sure you're not Masbot?

Here's the thing, though: Koj and Del and Jef have all mentioned the Konami thing but nothing new has actually happened, has it? Kojima's making a new game, which looks ace and we should all be hype for it, and Konami aren't doing much of anything so . . . can't we all just move on?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 16:42

They've now said what happened to him and how he was treated, that is what has happened along with a very moving speech from Geoff.

If this was Nintendo locking Shigsy away in a room on his own for 6 months, their would be total outrage from most of you. This is how I feel now towards Konami and their is nothing they could do to change how I feel.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 17:10

A lot of it had come out from other sources, though.
The big thing is, if that's how they were treating Koj imagine how 9-5 guys without a big fanbase and audience are being treated Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 17:12

Could be worse but from the sounds of it the rest of the team were together, so even if it was shit they were in it together.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptySun 4 Dec 2016 - 8:31

I don't know it sounds like Kojima is playing everyone like a damn fiddle.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptySun 4 Dec 2016 - 11:46

masofdas wrote:
If this was Nintendo locking Shigsy away in a room on his own for 6 months, their would be total outrage from most of you. This is how I feel now towards Konami and their is nothing they could do to change how I feel.

That is completely true, but we would contain our outrage on the matter to one thread.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptySun 4 Dec 2016 - 14:52

I have a random gaming thought. (although it doesn't have anything to do with Hideo Kojima) I'm tired and I think unwell, so this may come out a bit wrong:

Super Mario Bros. 1, right? It had a two player mode. BUT. Actually, despite it using two controllers, Mario and Luigi took turns to have a go. Old arcade games used to do all that shiz all the time. I don't think that's the worst thing in the world; I've seen e.g. two people take turns playing Skyrim, Dark Souls etc. - albeit as the same "guy", and it works quite well. Do you think that, where there isn't a feasible way to wedge in couch co-op, that flip-flapping between two e.g. save games and taking turns might be something that would be due for a resurgence? Or, has that method been consigned to history due to the limit of technology being broken?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptySun 4 Dec 2016 - 17:20

Playing a singleplayer game in multiplayer like that is one of my favourite ways to play! I do think modes like that would be nice, but I wonder how much they would be appreciated? Actual simultaneous co-op scratches most of the itches, and I think if one prefers alternating between watching and playing, most people would rather play a game on one save file so they're not seeing the same stretch of game twice in a row.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptyMon 5 Dec 2016 - 9:43

Yeah, I enjoyed playing multiplayer this way as well & it'd be interesting to play a Souls game like this but a lot of gamers don't seem like they'd have the patience for it. Maybe some indie developer could make it work though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptyMon 5 Dec 2016 - 9:45

The_Jaster wrote:
...but a lot of gamers don't seem like they'd have the patience for it.

This is me to be honest. Neutral

Another random thought: saw a tube advert for Mario Maker 3DS today. Before the other week's Pokéadvert I hadn't seen a Ninty advert for ages!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptyMon 5 Dec 2016 - 19:56

I still haven't seen any of the adverts you guys have mentioned. Clearly the North Midlands market is not important for NoE... Sad

As for turn-taking multiplayer, I love it, but I feel like gaming has moved on from it. There's enough horsepower in most modern consoles to get two or more players on-screen at the same time, so TTM is not in a developer's mind.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptyMon 5 Dec 2016 - 22:24

I've been seeing Pokémon adverts on a lot of the double decker buses and I always get a childish thrill about riding one Laughing
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptySat 10 Dec 2016 - 19:41

Didn't see a Pokemon advert until the week of release and I get a lot of buses, it's nice to see some form of advertising from Ninty though, I still fondly remember the days of seeing loads of Gamecube adverts here and there back in the day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptySun 11 Dec 2016 - 17:47

Having bemoaned the lack of ads on buses, I have seen some TV ads for games. Super Mario Maker For Nintendo 3DS does look quite fun but I am sad that the Wii U's biggest Christmas release appears to be... Just Dance. Aww! I suppose Paper Mario: Color Splash must be seen as too niche.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 16:18

More of a musing then a random thought based of yesterdays announcement of Yooka-Laylee being cancelled on Wii U, Clive 'N' Wrench has also been cancelled this morning.

A few weeks ago Stardew Valley which should have been out tomorrow was cancelled, Hyper Light Drifter was, Bloodstained might get cancelled especially now a big title like Yooka-Laylee has.

Then Darksiders remaster which Nordic seemed so pleased to bring to the Wii U has gone dark. Now most of these have given reasons why like the game maker engine won't run on Wii U hence why no Hyper Light Drifter or Yooka being moved to Switch.

That is a perfectly valid reasons and hey this new system is coming we want to be on that and not on system with a install-base of 13.6m people which people don't seem to buying games on.

This is my thought as take the VITA which came out 2012 the same year as the Wii U and has install-base of 14.7m which is more then the Wii U but the general public would say the VITA is dead, Sony don't support it and have you seen the size of the VITA selection in GAME. Yet the console still gets games , you could go well their is no replacement coming but why you continue to support on paper a dead system.

The only thing I can think of is people aren't buying Wii U games and something like building Hyper Light Drifter from the ground for Wii U which they were thinking about doing isn't worth the time and where I know from plenty of indie devs that making a VITA game is actually a serious business strategy as they know the core audience who all downloaded Lara Croft Go soon as it was announced at PSX will buy their game.

To show my point is sort of hard as digital is a big part of gaming now and nearly all of VITA game sales would have come from their but I can show you the retail side of things of games from 2016 on Wii U.

TPHD 1.01m (18th best selling game of all-time on Wii U)
Pokken 980k
Minecraft 600k
SFZ 360k
Paper Mario 320k
M&S Rio 310k
TMS #FE 240k
LEGO Avengers 230k
LEGO Star War 130k
Skylanders 110k
Just Dance 40k
Terraria 30k
Mighty No. 9 30k
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 10k
Fast Racing Neo 10k

Total 3.38m worldwide

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 17:00

Yep, sucks, don't it?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 17:04

Yeah as series like Star Fox may take long time to see again, seeing how dreadful it sold.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 12:43

I had a random thought last night which was related to the Switch and general Gaming.

I don't know why buy the game Boktai from Kojima came into my head yesterday evening, their was no reason for this but I just started thinking about that game and sort of fancied playing it. I don't own the game and looked on eBay and its sort of pricey (more I would pay for a GB game) but has anyone had this just think about random games at random times?  

The Switch thing is that I'd sort of like to see a new one on Switch (I wouldn't buy it though because #FucKonami) where in handheld mode the game stores light and when in console mode you get to use the light, making it a interesting game that uses both modes of the Switch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2017 - 20:02

Gents! I'm finally using my PS3 games gents!

...to prop up my SAD lamp so that it shines through into my kitchen. Very Happy They're good at it!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2017 - 20:13

Please just play Ni No Kuni that's all I ask.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptyFri 6 Jan 2017 - 23:20

If I had Ni No Kuni, you wouldn't be able to stop me - which is exactly the opposite of how I'm feeling about games at the minute. I only want to play DQVII at the minute because nothing else is enticing me. How do y'all get through a period where you don't really want to video gaem?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 EmptyFri 6 Jan 2017 - 23:43

Honestly - just taking a break from vidyagames helps! Eventually, you'll feel the call of the controller again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next