We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why I Should PC

Go down 
+3
Admin
JayMoyles
masofdas
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

Why I Should PC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2015 - 20:43

masofdas wrote:
You have all those issues with the PS4 or Xbox ONE as well.

I beat not as badly as PC gaming Chris Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2015 - 20:45

No worse
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2015 - 20:48

I would have thought they make it a lot more easier for this generation consoles
So is the Wii U the best of technology console invented do you think from them all?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2015 - 21:15

It's even worse as everything is tied to the system.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2015 - 21:43

The initial investment in a PC can be pricey and confusing, but if you don't mind a bit of research and upgrading/building yourself then it becomes fairly cost effective to simply upgrade as and when its necessary. Still that's not for everyone

Downloads are a pain, especially in shitty ol rural areas, but day one patches seem to be the norm for big releases on non nintendo hardware so meh. I wouldn't call storage an issue though, 1tb seems to be the norm these days and good luck filling up one of those. The games are normally cheaper on PC too, especially when a steam sale hits.

The main thing for me though is that good Strategy games, with a few exceptions, don't come out on consoles and that's one of my favorite genres. So a Wii U - 3ds - PC combo works pretty well for me.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 7:44

masofdas wrote:
Hi guys, Jay & Muss will know what I'm about but please chime in if you know anything.

So I'd disregard the HP laptop, as Muss said.

The Lenovo one is decent, and it's obviously cheaper than the Acer laptop, but you'll be sacrificing graphical fidelity for the price. A plus to the Lenovo laptop is that you're getting a solid-state hard drive with it, which means faster boot-up times than just a regular hard-drive. The Acer laptop will have better performance, but that comes at a price, naturally. Depends what your budget is really!

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 9:16

Muss wrote:
Downloads are a pain, especially in shitty ol rural areas

But you life in a City Razz But what your saying is right even the PC Master Race guys like my mate Ben knows that not everything is rosy on PC and has got a PS4 himself this month for Batman and MGSV, FFXV, KH3 etc coming which will likely come to PC just how long after console launch (I think MGSV is like a week after but seems weird to me not to play that on PlayStation) that have a well rounded console / handhelds is great.

Like I said at the start which Flora might not of seen I'm not going all Master Race, I know my laptop on it's last legs and if or when I replace I would like something that could play PC games as there is stuff just on PC and with Gintendo and getting some times codes to early access or the PC version before console, it also helps for that and like I've said time and time again I'm a GAMER not a Pony or Xbot or I don't know the Nintendo one but I guess Little Child and having PC based system that widens what I can play is great.

As I do like strategy / management games as well and it's not a genre that shows up that often on a console which I can could now play on a PC.

@Jay Thanks how much different is the graphical fidelity if I went for the cheaper Lenovo over the Acer, in simple;ae terms is Lenovo low-Skyrim where Acer is high-Skyrim
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 9:41

I reckon you'd be fine with both for Skyrim to be honest - my laptop can run Skyrim on high settings and I think my graphics card isn't as good as either of the two laptops you've been looking at.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 9:54

That's good to know, thanks Jay
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 11:19

Happy to help Mas! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Jul 2015 - 7:07

Right, I'm thinking of getting myself something soon, I don't know what, but it needs to be able to play XCOM 2 pretty well. Does anyone know where the fuck I'd start with that?

I'm thinking possibly a desktop as I have my work laptop already for portability, though I'm also tempted by something like a surface. It's only really for strategy games and indies so it probably doesn't have to be massively powerful and I'd like it to be cheap enough to not be taking the piss as a present. Any ideas or am I asking far too much?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Jul 2015 - 9:10

XCOM 2 shouldn't be horrifically graphically intensive, but I'd wait until the system requirements for the game are announced before searching if that's the game you're looking to get a PC for.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Jul 2015 - 11:40

Yeah, the problem is if I don't get anything for my birthday I probably won't til Christmans or maybe even my birthday next year Sad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptySat 25 Jul 2015 - 12:18

Hmm... here's XCOM: Enemy Unknown's system requirements: http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/201337393--PC-XCOM-Enemy-Unknown-PC-System-Requirements

Not intensive really, and you'd assume that XCOM 2 isn't going to be a massive step-up in terms of graphics.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 16:17

I've got the cheap Lenovo, part from STEAM and GOG for games where else is best that is secure also what do you recommend playing part from the few I know I would like to try.

Also the laptop is over Skyrim specs min on can I RUN it that it says no as mine is over the min and I'm using 8 not 7 but I think I would struggle with Witcher III it seems.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 16:36

I wouldn't trust Can I Run It fully, to be honest. It tells me I can't run games which I know for a fact I can.

As for games recommendations; To The Moon, A Bird Story, Papers Please, any Bethesda game for modding fun, The Stanley Parable, Civilization 5 (make sure to get all the DLC with it for the best experience). As for where to buy them besides Steam and GoG, the Humble Store is always worth a pop, as is Green Man Gaming.

Make sure to add me on Steam - jaymoyles is my username.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 16:41

I've got you on STEAM, need to get Mussaliily's as they share and I do own Civ V and Football Manager 2013 on STEAM.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 17:35

So you do - forgot I had you added!

We should get a GNamer Civ 5 game on the go sometime.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 17:37

Yeah could do

I just tried the Payday 2 demo along with my XBONE controller and runs perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 18:26

I'm always up for Civ V, but I don't think it'll run great on this laptop Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 18:34

I've got the laptop plugged into the TV, it almost fits the screen but not quite that's issue one then the sound is still coming out of laptop not the TV, the third is I have to keep the laptop open.

So how can I get laptop to fit TV when plugged in, how do I get the sound to come out of TV, and third can I close up the laptop and continue to use.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 18:55

masofdas wrote:
I've got the laptop plugged into the TV, it almost fits the screen but not quite that's issue one then the sound is still coming out of laptop not the TV, the third is I have to keep the laptop open.

So how can I get laptop to fit TV when plugged in, how do I get the sound to come out of TV, and third can I close up the laptop and continue to use.

1) Hmm... not sure. Change the resolution?

2) Go to your control panel, hardware and sound, manage audio devices and switch to your TV's speakers.

3) I don't think so, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 18:58

My steam name is Star_Muss at the moment, formerly birdman_muss. I also have Civ V, although none of the DLC. Not sure I can commit to lengthy sessions at the moment though.

Mas you might also try Desura for Indies, and amazon is sometimes cheaper than steam with the added benefit of a faster install. Most PC games on there are just steam codes with most of the download on the disc already.

Edit: Mas with regards to closing your laptop and playing games, you can adjust the settings so that the laptop stays on whilst the screen is flipped down. It should be somewhere within your power management settings.

Yes here's how you do it on 7, sure a guide for 8 is about somewhere
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 19:49

everything part from getting the screen to fit done, I think it's because my TV us a odd size 47inch, I've got set at 1080p etc.

Also just bought Skyrim fro £4.99

How long would MP a game of Civ V take then.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jul 2015 - 20:01

How long does a game of Civ take? Well...

Why I Should PC - Page 2 SHL

(you can save a multiplayer game though and return to it)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I Should PC   Why I Should PC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why I Should PC
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: Nontendo-
Jump to: