We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style

Go down 
+25
Balladeer
Rum
gjones
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
Buskalilly
Gogoata
2grundies
Fancy Fancy
fronkhead
Dusty Knackers
Kezz182
mandlecreed
SuperPaperLink
masofdas
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Silver light
Admin
shanks
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 21:07

Quick question for anyone who's played/got the Nathan Drake Collection - I've got them all on PS3 right now (haven't touched them), but I'm considering trading them all in and getting the Nathan Drake Collection. Are the differences between the PS3 trilogy and their PS4 counterpart worth shelling out a little bit more to have them all in the one box?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 21:11

Andy may answer better then me as he played Drakes Fortune on PS3 recently and has just got the collection for Christmas (I think) that he maybe able to see the differences more.

For myself, I've only played Drakes Fortune on the collection which is the first time for 8 years and it looks excellent, plays really well and no stupid motion controls but if you can play with how it looks on PS3 & get past the motion controls then I'm not really sure.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 21:22

Well Drake's still a tosser on the ps4 version so no significant differences . Grin
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyTue 5 Jan 2016 - 0:50

I wouldn't say Drake's Fortune is any weaker than the other two anyway, the more direct approach of keeping everything in one timeline helped the story stand out a lot better for me and serves as a great introduction to the series and characters.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyMon 18 Jan 2016 - 22:34

I've played just short of 2 hours of Axiom Verge and it is top stuff so far, it has the pacing of a Metroid-like down to a T. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyTue 19 Jan 2016 - 7:45

Does it play as retro and clunky as it looks?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyTue 19 Jan 2016 - 10:40

Nope.

The shooting, moving and jumping are as smooth/precise as you'd want them to be.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyTue 19 Jan 2016 - 15:41

You've finally took the plunge then with that Metroidvania inspired game.

Persona 4 Golden is what I'm playing at the moment, it's so good.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyTue 19 Jan 2016 - 21:34

masofdas wrote:
You've finally took the plunge then with that Metroidvania inspired game.

I bought back when it was on sale just never got around to playing it until now.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyTue 19 Jan 2016 - 22:33

Is there any point in me giving Destiny a go? I got a copy in Barnardo's for a mighty 99p, but I really don't know much about it.

~

I'm jumping between three games at the minute. FIFA 16 is as you'd expect, but it's nonetheless good to play the 'best' version of the game, having been stuck with the 'inferior' Wii and XBox 360 versions since FIFA 10. I've also got Tembo the Badass Elephant on the go, and I'm quite liking it, although it's losing a lot of it's momentum as I reach the final third. WWE 2K16 is the last game I'm playing, and I've got to say that I'm pretty unimpressed with the sluggish, sim-like gameplay. It's a little bit boring, and I can see myself trading it in soon.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2016 - 7:42

Hmm, I'm not sure. I'm not sure exactly what the state of the game is without the expansion. I think you'd get be able to play the original story content, as well as some more limited multiplayer playlists, but there will certainly be limits.

I've also just thought, you don't have much access to the internet for online gaming do you? Destiny is always online, so it might not even be an option. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2016 - 19:02

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
FIFA 16 is as you'd expect, but it's nonetheless good to play the 'best' version of the game
Amen to that. Also Virtual Vicarage Road.

Sorry, I've sidetracked the Destiny question to say FALLOUT 4. This is going to take me about 5 years I reckon.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2016 - 21:43

I got the Platinum trophy in that last night. It's a long ride, but it's worth it! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2016 - 22:08

How did you find the settlement trophy Jay? I had to leave it on for 2 nights to try and get the happiness to raise Meh
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2016 - 22:41

It worked out alright. I'd been periodically making clinics as I was progressing and the happiness crept up slowly. I was working on the level 50 trophy alongside the settlement trophy, so as I went away questing the happiness was moving up. I had to hang about the settlement for half an hour or so to get from 98 to 100. I've heard it's pretty bugged though.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2016 - 23:29

Yeah, I ended up trying to use a system that only required one settler because I wasn't up for money grinding. Had to set up a couple as they randomly stopped gaining happiness after a while.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 1:30

Only one?! How? Confused

I built up the Starlight Drive In as my happiness settlement. I've got about fifteen clinics in three rows of five by the big screen, a mutfruit farm making sure that there's twice the food compared to settlers (supposedly food surplus affects happiness too), enough water and bedding and tons of turrets everywhere so the place wouldn't be attacked. It's the only settlement I bothered doing anything with - I threw a ton of beds down in Sanctuary and sent all my companions there so I wouldn't need to track them down, but besides that, I barely touched the settlement side of things.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 7:42

1 bed, 1 turret, 1 shop (debatable which type is best, I ended up with Clinic level 3), 1 settler working at said shop and a bunch of food and drink in the storage box. I did end up using a water pump instead of the purified water in the container though.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:48

I'm nowhere near clinics etc. - I'm still at a low level so a lot of the advanced perks etc. are out of bounds - but I (like you guys by the sounds of it) am primarily playing and exploring for the benefit of the settlements, as opposed to the other plot bits.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2016 - 7:42

Oh no, the settlements were very much an after thought for me. I just wanted to get the plat after getting all of the other trophies!
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2016 - 10:34

I spend 80% of my time building or out scavenging for materials to build with Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2016 - 21:10

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Oh no, the settlements were very much an after thought for me. I just wanted to get the plat after getting all of the other trophies!

Yeah, this was me as well. I couldn't get into them in a big way. Fallout 4 was all about building guns and armour for myself, and the questing.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptySun 24 Jan 2016 - 9:57

Oh - whoops! I played for 4 hours yesterday. I did half a quest for 20 minutes, and spent 3:40 building new bedrooms and giving people I'd placed on guard duty some armour.
I then didn't realise that adding a leather arm piece removes their existing clothes Embarrassed - so some of this time was spent on the unnamed quest Quick Find Some Long Johns Or Something.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2016 - 21:03

I just started playing Grim Fandango since it's meant to be a cult classic and was free this month.

It's definitely old, and I'm not great with point and click style games, but the I do enjoy the dialog enough to keep going - even if I do have to refer to a guide every now and then because I can't fathom what I'm meant to be doing.

It's not as if the puzzles are massively arcane, and in hindsight I tend to feel like a dolt for not getting them though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 EmptyFri 5 Feb 2016 - 12:28

I've never played Grim Fandango but like you say it's a cult classic like all of Tim Schafer's games and I'm yet to play one I really like, I've not played Psychonauts which I may do when it comes to PS4 as part of PS2 Classics I reckon that be the one I do like if any, but I do like Tim.

I'm still yet to start The Witcher III (It's not going anywhere as it's a download), I've been playing a bit of LEGO Dimensions which is real good and just got Gravity Rush Remastered but next week a Indie game I'm really looking forward to is coming in Firewatch everything about it looks excellent just a shame the trophy list is rather shite.

I can't help compare it kinda to The Witness (even if different), has anyone played it or plan to as this is currently even if only early Feb front runner from GOTY and some are even saying it's the best game of this generation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style
Page 6 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next