We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style

Go down 
+25
Balladeer
Rum
gjones
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
Buskalilly
Gogoata
2grundies
Fancy Fancy
fronkhead
Dusty Knackers
Kezz182
mandlecreed
SuperPaperLink
masofdas
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Silver light
Admin
shanks
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyFri 5 Feb 2016 - 17:45

I thought Grim was hot trash. I didn't really enjoy the story and there was certainly nothing else to like about it.

Tried Nom Nom Galaxy yesterday and that's balls as well. I like Pixeljunk games in general, but this is nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptySun 7 Feb 2016 - 9:52

I downloaded Nom Nom Galaxy (financial retard I am, I feel guilt about getting these free games from indie devs, whilst forgetting I'm actually paying a monthly fee for the privelege). From what I read of reviews at the time, it does seem to be an unnecessarily focussed version of Terraria. But I haven't tried it yet because it's not Fallout.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptySun 7 Feb 2016 - 13:52

Jimbob wrote:
I downloaded Nom Nom Galaxy But I haven't tried it yet because it's not Fallout.

So it's better then Razz

I started Gravity Rush which is rather good even if the controls are still awkward.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 18:22

Yeah, I gave Nom Nom Galaxy a go, but survival crafty type games just really aren't my thing so I gave up after the first tutorial level. That's not to say it's bad, I just don't like the genre.

I went through a bunch of games I'd downloaded for free via my subscription but hadn't played. King's Quest was quite enjoyable - a point and click puzzley eposodic thing - but I did resort to a guide when I couldn't be arsed to use my brain anymore. It is set in a lovely world mind, with a host of really fun characters and a gorgeous art style. Then there was Nova 111, a pseudo turn based puzzler, which was quite nice until I got stuck. Not sure I'll go back to it because again it's not my jam, but I like having it there in my library.

What I've actually been playing lots of is Rocket League - I have actual, usable internet now so I can play lag free online. Loved it before, love it even more now.

And Star Wars Battlefront - which I'm hooked on at the moment. EA had a large sale on PSN, so I picked it up on the cheap.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 20:32

Muss wrote:
What I've actually been playing lots of is Rocket League - I have actual, usable internet now so I can play lag free online. Loved it before, love it even more now.

Have you tried out the rocket labs playlist yet? Those new arenas are brilliant fun.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:03

I just had a quick go and played in a circular arena. It was pretty hectic. I didnt really know what the best plan was, but I managed to finally get the achievement for pushing an opponent into the ball and the ball then going in the goal. Fun change of pace.

Are there other new arenas?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:29

Aye, there's three for that playlist the circular one which you played, one with raised platforms on the sides & the last has two goals on each end.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016 - 20:05

Is Rocket League Cross-Platform? Before I had my PS4, I got the Steam version Aww!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016 - 20:08

Yes it is cross-platform.

However, I don't think you can join a party comprised of PS4 players, so it would be pure chance if a specific PC user and PS4 user ever matched against each other. At least I think that's the case.

If that's true then it being cross-platform really just equates to having more populated servers, which is still cool, but not as cool as it could be.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2016 - 18:37

I'm really hooked on casual multiplayer in Rainbow 6: Seige at the moment.

Every game feels so tense, and it really challenges players to shut up, listen, and constantly re-evaluate any given situation on the fly.

The sound design is so impressive, with explosions, gun shots, and footsteps all varying in terms of their volume based upon how thick walls are, and how damaged they are.

Anyone who considers shooters a brain-dead genre needs to play it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 0:11

I can only whole heartedly agree with that especially on the sound design part, the other day when I was playing I plonked myself next to a kitchen sink area while defending and I could hear water dripping from the tap. I instantly felt like I needed to go to the toilet which made the wait even more nerve racking.

This video shows how it works & is a good wee watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9XIn7xfNr8
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyTue 12 Apr 2016 - 21:10

To be honest, I don't really know which topic this goes in now. But I've just started playing Day of the Tentacle Remastered on the PS4. Unlike a lot of old favourites, it hasn't been feasible to play this for a long time; the old DOS version doesn't really work on any modern-era Windows, and unlike your Nintendo favourites, they haven't really been released (and also, unlike old consoles, you probably haven't kept an old 486 in the attic). I have very fond memories of the original; I didn't have a PC when I was a kid, so going round my mate's house and playing this game with full voice acting, colourful graphics and actually funny dialogue was like the first time I played a NES game, having been weaned on an Acorn Electron.
This game is a light-hearted, jovial affair. However, when the opening credits music popped up, with the old rectangular screen-fade, I almost got a bit emotional.
I know, I'm such a fucking wuss...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyTue 12 Jul 2016 - 19:15

Kill Strain a F2P game is now on PS4 a week early for Plus members, it's a weird multiplayer co-op / competitive game a bit like Helldivers.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyTue 12 Jul 2016 - 23:16

FIFA 17 aside, I'm not buying any more PS4 games until I finish the ones I have. I beat Ratchet & Clank a few weeks ago, and I've come to realise that Street Figher V is a husk of a game, so I've moved on to DOOM. So far, so good - already it's maybe the best FPS I've played since Goldeneye 007.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyTue 12 Jul 2016 - 23:34

I think that's the issue we've all had with SFV but unlike us, you've gone in with more content including the the new story mode.

Really the best since Goldeneye, I've only played the demo of DOOM which did seem good but I'm a little burnt out on the genre as at one point that's all I played and most now can't top or come close to things like Goldeneye, Timespliters 2, Halo or Bioshock.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016 - 5:57

I don't see how you can be burnt out on it if those are the games you were playing as they're so old! Doom is pretty great, though I would say Wolfenstein was better, definitely check that out if you enjoyed Doom Cappa.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016 - 8:59

I'd like to get some more games of Street Fighter on the go - it shines in multiplayer, as you'd expect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016 - 9:38

No I'm not saying burnt on those game they're the real good ones in the genre and now everything seems to sort of feel the same as well as not being as good, that's why Overwatch is so dam good and it feels fresh for the genre but for the rest of they year lets say we've got B1, COD: IW, Titanfall and Rise of Iron none of them shout play me.

I'm like urghh more FPS shooters and last year I played a few as well, but now I'm going sort of full circle on what I want to play as back maybe 10 years ago I would barely play anything that wasn't a shooter and now I much sooner go play something completely different.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016 - 10:21

I don't see how it corresponds being burnt out on something like CoD though, Doom is practically in a retro FPS genre with the only similarities being the generic term "guns" and playing in first person.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016 - 10:42

I've made a thread not derail this one and peeps like Balla may not see this and they he may want to chime in, but DOOM is still a FPS and I've played that first level demo which was released during E3, I played and went yep this is decent but I don't fancy a FPS.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016 - 13:43

mas wrote:
No I'm not saying burnt on those game they're the real good ones in the genre and now everything seems to sort of feel the same as well as not being as good, that's why Overwatch is so dam good and it feels fresh for the genre but for the rest of they year lets say we've got B1, COD: IW, Titanfall and Rise of Iron none of them shout play me.

Tbh I think the variety for FPS games has been getting much better in recent years with games like Destiny, Wolfenstein & Rainbow 6 Siege for example which are all very different from each other & I'd argue so are the ones you mentioned.

I get the genre is not for you at the minute (I felt the same a few years back) but I disagree that they all feel the same.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016 - 13:50

Yeah they don't all feel the same but if you look at the main ones this year, all Military be it WW1 or the near future and I'm like yawn and same goes other games in the genre.

Overwatch though much like Splatoon takes a genre and makes it fresh, that you go that's not the same but I won't be running to the shop to pick up any more FPS this year.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016 - 14:10

I wouldn't say it's all military based at all but if those are the ones you don't like then there are still plenty of other options to pick from, also it's funny to me that Overwatch is the only fps I can't really be arsed about. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016 - 14:12

It's not funny to me DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016 - 14:15

See everything just seems samey even if they're not. Surprised about that with Overwatch as it's pretty much perfect and even though I've only played it in short bursts it's likely the second best game I've played this year.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 13 Jul 2016 - 14:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style
Page 7 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next