We'll Never Get (Card)Bored Of Nintendo's Ideas

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Muss
Disciple of Overton

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style    Thu 7 Dec 2017 - 15:59

Yeah, after i put the disc in for the first time it greeted me with a 30Gb update DAMN YOU!

Hopefully it has calmed down on the update front now that the game is older.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style    Thu 7 Dec 2017 - 17:03

I'll give you a shout if I ever install it again though I have been meaning to pick up the Switch version but that'll be just for the single player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
Divine Beast Vah Medoh

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style    Fri 12 Jan 2018 - 21:49

Started Yakuza 0, only played maybe an hour of it but I can really see me enjoying it. I can also certainly see the comparisons to it & Shenmue and why it has been called the spiritual successor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rum Rapture
Toad

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style    Tue 16 Jan 2018 - 1:33

Look, it's Rum Rapture! Occasionally sighted on social media channels by some forumites, and rarely seen on GNamer ground. A hallowed sight.

I've just beaten Okami HD, and I can say that having revisited it after playing through the Wii version many years ago, it has aged really well and is still one of my favourite games ever. The only stinker I can think of is that a couple of minigames are bum (there's an annoying digging one you have to do a couple of times), but otherwise it's just such a well-woven yarn. Love it long time.

I've recently gotten hooked on Stardew Valley, having bought it for something like 6 on the PS Store (along with Transistor and Grim Fandango Remastered - for all three I think it cost me 11.08). I never got along with the one Harvest Moon game I had (A Wonderful Life on Gamecube) but for some reason Stardew has sunk its claws into me and I don't quite know how it's done it. The slow-pace-that-actually-isn't-that-slow-because-you-don't-have-much-time-to-get-shit-done-each-day mechanic might be the key. I'm nearing the end of my first season and I feel like I've achieved shit all, but that I might get somewhere soon...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/cww_george
JayMoyles
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style    Wed 17 Jan 2018 - 15:48

Alright there! Long time no see, squire. Grin

Stardew Valley is on my "to buy" list on Switch. I've never properly dived deeply into a relaxing game like that but it's receiving tremendous praise and it's barely been out of the top five best-sellers on Switch since launch. Your point about it not being as slow as first seems is an interesting one - is there more pressure on you to accomplish certain tasks rather than a lazy traipse around a farm, then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rum Rapture
Toad

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style    Thu 18 Jan 2018 - 12:49

I would say it's probably a better fit on Switch, mainly because I can't see the tiny text in the inventory on the big screen, but a) I don't have a Switch and b) it was half price, so oh well!

It's not particularly that there's any active pressure on you to achieve certain tasks, but each "season" is only 28 days and time passes quickly, so you want to have a vague idea of what you want to achieve each day before going into it because there are a lot of things you can focus on and they're spread out around the map (walking around aimlessly takes up a lot of time you could be using more productively). Otherwise you just end up achieving very little and potentially won't be able to complete some tasks until next "year". Though you won't be punished for it. I haven't really gotten the hang of using my time properly, and of how to make the most money in order to improve and expand my farm - I feel like I could be being much more efficient.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/cww_george
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style    

Back to top Go down

What you playing PS3/ PS4 / Vita Style
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13