We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style

Go down 
+25
Balladeer
Rum
gjones
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
Buskalilly
Gogoata
2grundies
Fancy Fancy
fronkhead
Dusty Knackers
Kezz182
mandlecreed
SuperPaperLink
masofdas
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Silver light
Admin
shanks
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018 - 20:28

JayMoyles wrote:
gjones wrote:
Jimbob wrote:
I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn at the moment. I maintain that - explanation of title throughout the game aside - it's a really stupid title that doesn't mean anything. However, the game itself is aces.

Tempted to pick this up as it's on sale on PSN. However, I've just started Breath of the Wild - is it a big ol' time investment? I'm aware I'm living videogames 18 months behind everybody else....

I purposefully held back on it to play BotW - Horizon is a pretty hefty journey, so I'd wait if I were you.

Agreed. They're both great, and it's been nearly a year since I played Zelda, but I found that (with a smattering of a couple of Tomb Raiders in the middle) I was suffering Dara O Briain's control confusion (in that run, crouch, etc. were on different buttons).
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyTue 16 Oct 2018 - 22:36

Jimbob wrote:
I was suffering Dara O Briain's control confusion (in that run, crouch, etc. were on different buttons).

I've experienced that sensation before - weirdly, it was going between Yakuza 0 and Monster Hunter World!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 15:37

I often get that as X or Cross is in a different place on all three and both Nintendo and Xbox have A+B in different places as well.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 18:59

I gave up on Horizon when I had to pass through an area being patrolled by a bunch of overpowered enemies to progress the story, it just annoyed the heck out of me with that stunt.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 19:21

Xenoblade X did that right at the start, never played any more than that.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyWed 31 Oct 2018 - 3:27

masofdas wrote:
Xenoblade X did that right at the start, never played any more than that.

Difference is X made it both possible, easy, and expected that the player avoids said enemies. X crafted its world into a believable ecosystem, Horizon's is just shonky. I never once died because of X's highly leveled enemies, and some of my favourite moments include having to dash through a canyon filled with them to get to an area for the final part of the Skell unlock missions.

On top of that those powerful enemies made obtaining the Skells (both early and late-game ones) immensely satisfying. Few games have mastered the art of making the player feel so empowered as X did. X's ending was a dumpsterfire, but the journey. . . The journey to that ending is one I'm glad I went on.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyWed 31 Oct 2018 - 8:29

Maybe we just had different experiences as I would say some of those things about HZD like the believable world, why it's one of my favourite PS4 games.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptySun 25 Nov 2018 - 22:09

I'm back on Yakuza 0, as mentioned elsewhere on the forum. The game still manages to surprise me every time I play and I don't think I've played anything with so many dramatic tonal shifts. One moment I'm having a dance-off with a girl to recruit her as a hostess for a cabaret club, the next I'm watching vans explode and people get shot on the Osakan streets. Madness, but in a brilliant way.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptySat 22 Dec 2018 - 12:38

The Witcher 3, early on I was surprised how janky some of the controls and animations were but thankfully I was able to look past that and get to a really interesting world and story. It's good. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptySat 29 Dec 2018 - 20:57

I still need to get around to The Witcher 3. Geralt's been popping up in bloody everything these days, so a bit more context about the White Wolf would be nice!

I've been gliding my way through the Spyro Reignited Trilogy. I've only got nostalgia for Spyro 2 as I'd never played the other two back on PS1, but the first Spyro game was decent enough. I definitely prefer the more objective based level structure in Spyro 2 though - the levels were getting pretty samey in terms of what you actually did in them towards the end of Spyro the Dragon. I've got the platinum trophy now, so I've moved onto a much better game in its sequel now. The nostalgia rush at hearing some of these level themes and watching the cutscenes play out has been a treat thus far.

On PS3, I'm slowly but surely making my way through Steins;Gate which is currently free on PS+ for a few more days - having seen the anime, it's not been the best of experiences as the story is playing out near enough beat for beat as the anime so far, but considering the anime is pretty slow paced anyway, that's not all too surprising. I've heard that there's some fresher content coming up soon, so I'm hanging on for that. It's an easy recommendation if you haven't seen the anime as the story and characters are just brilliant. I adore the voice acting for Okarin - even though I don't understand the language, the jokes and humour still shines through by the VA hamming it up big style.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptySun 30 Dec 2018 - 13:46

Jay wrote:
I still need to get around to The Witcher 3. Geralt's been popping up in bloody everything these days, so a bit more context about the White Wolf would be nice!

Oh I thought you had played it before as well, I can definitely see you really enjoying it & it won't take long to get that context either as the game does a cracking job of telling you who Geralt is and what his motives are early on.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptySun 30 Dec 2018 - 21:52

I'll probably just watch a story summary for the first two games on YouTube before jumping in, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyMon 31 Dec 2018 - 1:52

Aye that's a good idea especially if you choose to simulate events from the previous game, I done this and got a little confused at the questions asked in a certain scene that I later found out that basically sets the world state for some of the characters. Though that is the only time I've been confused in the 35+ hours I've played so far and since then all other dialogue choices haven't felt like blind guesses.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyMon 7 Jan 2019 - 11:21

Had a mess around with a bunch of VITA games yesterday along with becoming a bit annoyed that Sony has updated the PS3 store to be like the PS4's but the VITA which games on a regular bases sometimes doesn't show new releases sometimes for weeks and the PlayStation TV is even worse the newest game on the storefront is from 2016.

Call of Duty which I've always been told is bad but I found a game right away online and it plays just like COD, so seems fine to me.

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed which looks excellent on the VITA but I couldn't find anyone online.

Virtua Tennis 4 which I was shocked to find people online as old sports games are nearly almost always dead plus it's on the VITA but may help it if not a lot of other options.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 0:31

I've started to play through the Devil May Cry series as I've only played DMC4 and a bit of DmC and I'd like to experience a bit more of the series before DMC5.

So far... so dated - DMC1 isn't holding up particularly well. I think part of that is the focus on collecting items, which I suppose comes from its Resi roots, rather than focusing on the fighting. The combat is a bit limited so far beyond a couple of combos and using the Devil Trigger, so that's not exactly engaging. I enjoyed one of the early boss battles against the Dark Knight fella. It felt reasonable in terms of difficulty considering that I could attack him fairly easily but a mistimed dodge would cause me to take tons of damage. That spider boss was a wanker, though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 13:08

DMC is an odd series as the first might hold up for someone like me as it is sort like Onimusha which I found to be great still but can see it being rather dated

DMC2 is utter rubbish and Capcom tries to forget as well with the timelines

DMC3 is brilliant and the best in the series

DMC4 well you've played it and it is good but better games in the genre such as DMC3, Bayonetta etc

DmC now I really like this game and could be skipped as it's nothing to do with the main timeline

DMCV from the demo it seems decent
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptySun 17 Feb 2019 - 18:30

I'm starting to get into it now that I'm getting better with the combat. It's still dated as hell, but for a nearly 20 year old game, it plays well enough.

I got my teeth sunk in properly to Apex Legends this past week. I've not touched a single battle royale game since the craze begun, but christ, what a solid game that one is! Great shooting combined with a simple but engaging hero system - top work. I'm looking forward to seeing new heroes and maps release down the line.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2019 - 23:08

Double post, but christ DMC2 is shite, isn't it?

It took some time, but once I got into DMC1 I found the combat to be pretty fun and pulling off combos - whilst not as fluid as other character action games - was satisfying as hell. DMC2 feels slow, clunky and feels like it's focused on using the guns to win. I left off after beating a demon helicopter and it genuinely might have been one of the worst bosses I've ever faced. I held down the shoot button, rolled to dodge a few missiles and occasionally used my Devil Trigger to speed things along. None of the combat encounters have been fun.

The only thing it's got going for it is the traversal as the wall running and double jumping in combat is actually cool, but the turgid battling brings it back down to earth again.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2019 - 23:16

Did warn you it's utter rubbish and I'd personally just move on to one, if not the best game in the genre DMC3.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyWed 20 Feb 2019 - 1:34

I'm in too deep now - I'm on Mission 12 of Dante's route, so I should wrap that up on my next play session. I'd like to try out the other character before moving onto DMC3 - I think I'll appreciate that game more coming from DMC2, from what I've heard!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyWed 20 Feb 2019 - 9:41

I think Lucia side from what I remember is sort of interesting but with her only being one game, that it might be hard to care.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 21:11

Finished Dante's route. Genuinely the worst game I've played in a good while. Boring combat, nonsensical and confusing level design, bad enemy AI, terrible bosses. You didn't warn me enough! I'll check Lucia's route out of morbid curiosity more than anything else, but I'm certainly not optimistic.

This happened too...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyFri 22 Feb 2019 - 19:51

I've bigged up DMC3 already but will think it's even better because DMC has aged and DMC2 is terrible.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyFri 22 Feb 2019 - 23:39

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it a lot. I'll play about with Lucia's route first and I'd quite like to play as Trish too before moving onto DMC3.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 EmptyTue 5 Mar 2019 - 20:46

How's the DMC marathon going with 5 out this Friday?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style
Page 15 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next