We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D

Go down 
+12
Solve My Maze
Jimbob
Rum
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
shanks
Buskalilly
masofdas
Balladeer
Athrun888
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Nov 2014 - 11:25

Just read that the game will differ on the New 3DS, I guess you could use the C-Stick to aim a item.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptySun 16 Nov 2014 - 19:14

I'm actually really looking forward to this one; I never had the chance to get my own copy for the N64 nor did I get it on the VC for the Wii.
It'll be interesting to see how it works with the nub on the New 3DS if it will double up as an option for the C buttons or as a way to control the camera instead.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014 - 21:39

Jimbob wrote:
Don't worry Fronk, I think what's happening is just an extra quicksave option - almost like a save state, and the song of time mechanic will stay as it is. I think.

I hope

Let's hope. As long as you still lose all your rupees and items when you return to the first day I'm cool with it. That goes hand in hand with it being the "proper" way to save the game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 7:21

Losing money and items I didn't mind: it's the way that the game fundamentally works that I didn't get on with. Time pressure, natch, but also how you can't make a meaningful difference to anyone's life until you finish the game. And even then, it's not clear: if I didn't save the girl at the ranch in my very last run-through, does she survive? What about Kafei and Anju? Nope, just don't like the setup, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 11:57

Everything you just described as a reason you dislike the game is the reason I like it...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Nov 2014 - 12:02

Woo, subjectivity!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 22:09

The dam yanks get this much cooler special edition as it comes with a skull kid figure instead of a badge.
The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 Original
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 22:16

That is a pretty funky box, it has to be said.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 20:22

I've always said our special edition wasn't all that and now I've been proven right. More tempted by the normal version with the paperweight pre order bonus.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Jan 2015 - 0:09

We don't even know what our pre order bonus is down here yet
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Jan 2015 - 6:40

As sad as it sounds, a paperweight could be really handy at work. Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Jan 2015 - 11:35

I do want the paper weight but also want the limited edition urghh.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 0:49

I want the Skull Kid statue. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 1:14

I know the Nintendo store are throwing it in as part of a new 3ds bundle, no idea if it's still available.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 1:20

Which would be perfect if I didn't just buy a New 3DS. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 16:58

Yeah I've got the statue coming.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 23:21

Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit

I've only just checked ShopTo's offering and gone with them for a free Majora's Mask necklace, pretty happy with that. Dance
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 15:16

Balladeer wrote:
Losing money and items I didn't mind: it's the way that the game fundamentally works that I didn't get on with.  Time pressure, natch, but also how you can't make a meaningful difference to anyone's life until you finish the game.  And even then, it's not clear: if I didn't save the girl at the ranch in my very last run-through, does she survive?  What about Kafei and Anju?  Nope, just don't like the setup, I'm afraid.

I'm guessing you're complaining about how it doesn't quite come together well? Like, how you can save someone's life (like the freezing Goron) or their situation, but as soon as you reset time to focus on another NPC, that's all lost?

I hadn't actually realised that until you brought it up. My guess is each timeline goes off into the future, or something. But even then you're probably thinking about things a bit too much, I think the main idea is that how much you put into spending time with the various characters is how much you get out of it, regardless of theoretical outcomes -- it's a true landmark videogame in terms of interactive narrative.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 22:44

I know what you're saying Balla; I've sat there and thought about it myself - is there a way to have a "perfect run"? Answer: no, there's not enough time and some things are mutually exclusive. My Super 10-Year-Old-On-Miiverse Please-Mr.Aonuma Dream would be that, in the 3D version, you get to play day 4+, where you can potter around, make everyone's life happy, and then bugger off out of there. But to be honest, any time that someone mentions time travel in a fictional setting, there's no point in worrying about the details!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 7:21

Ooh, I do like the idea of a day 4+. That might well be enough to make me buy the thing again.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 13:00

To be honest I've always felt one of the unique aspects of Majoras that made it so special was the fact you can't actually save everyone.  You have to choose, which I think is probably the game's goal.  Kind of like Tales of Xillia 2's ending where
Spoiler:

Not all stories are about happy endings and sunshine and rainbows, sometimes to save the day you have to give up on being able to save everyone.  Even if there wasn't the whole going back in time structure, there are points that the game makes the player make such choices.  As for what happens to the world whenever you wind back time, given the Zelda series has its own split timeline based on whether link apprehends Ganondorf as a child and an adult I believe all the times you go back in time would simply become parallel worlds.  Very short lived parallel worlds.  Winky Face

That's actually another thing I like about Majoras, its story is as simple or as deep as the player wants it to be.  There's enough background information provided both through character interactions and the worlds design itself for it to tell a surprisingly good story.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 16:14

Lots of opinion here! I always believed that the times you had to rewind the clock caused those versions to no longer exist.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 16:39

ZeroJones wrote:
Lots of opinion here! I always believed that the times you had to rewind the clock caused those versions to no longer exist.

I've never really played MM, but this was my understanding too. I caught someone's online moan about the fact that all your efforts after a rewind makes rescuing people somewhat futile.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 19:22

Athrun888 wrote:
Not all stories are about happy endings and sunshine and rainbows, sometimes to save the day you have to give up on being able to save everyone.

Boo That's one of the reasons I still love Dickens books.
Back to top Go down
Gogoata
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Gogoata

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Jan 2015 - 15:13

So when I play this for the first time you're all saying I can't win?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D   The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask 3D
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next