We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need For Speed: Most Wanted

Go down 
+8
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
mandlecreed
Solve My Maze
fronkhead
ScottGamer17
Admin
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 23:06

I'd be keen for some of that.

Drove the Bugatti Veyron last night. It's very fast. I crashed it. Lots.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2013 - 4:50

I'll probably buy this on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2013 - 10:33

ive been seeing some good reviews for this and would like to play online with you guys with a games, i would pick it up but still not going to at £38 the cheapest ive found. going to wait for under plus ive got so much to play.
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2013 - 20:30

Ahhhh. *grabs wallet, fires up the eShop* see you on the tarmac guys Smile

"eShop is currently undergoing maintenance"

Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013 - 1:55

I wanted to buy this earlier but it was out of stock on shopto so I got NBA 2k13 instead.

I still plan to get it though.
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013 - 5:33

Just bought it. Leaving it download while I go to work. Huzzah!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013 - 11:47

I've got nothing on the agenda for later tonight...does anybody fancy a few races online? I was thinking around 9ish, perhaps after...
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2013 - 13:30

Phillips wrote:
I've got nothing on the agenda for later tonight...does anybody fancy a few races online? I was thinking around 9ish, perhaps after...

If I'm back home by then I'm up for that Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 12:23

So who bought this and whos playing online.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013 - 15:32

I've got it, although not had time for an online game yet. The Veyron though, my god it's a beast. About 2 seconds into driving it I had already crashed the bugger. I must say though, it's one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. Criterion have really done themselves proud on this one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 20:22

Granted, I've only had about half an hour with this so far, but I'm not sold on the handling yet. Everything feels so heavy.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 20:45

Stu_the_great wrote:
Granted, I've only had about half an hour with this so far, but I'm not sold on the handling yet. Everything feels so heavy.

Try the Lamborghini Aventador - it handles like a dream.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jun 2013 - 20:51

Getting my head around the free-roaming environment at the moment. Never experienced a racer like this before, and not being bound by invisible walls feels surprisingly daunting.

Last time I played what I would call a 'proper racer' was Burnout Revenge.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptySat 8 Jun 2013 - 2:09

I really enjoyed my time with this, though it doesn't quite pip 2010's Hot Pursuit, which I found to be the finest arcade racer this generation.

That's mainly because there isn't as much variety in the racing. It's basically street racing with police most the time, whereas Hot Pursuit had several different game types, including races that stuck close to the Burnouts 1/2 formula of no takedowns. I also missed playing as the cops/avoiding the cops, as well as pure time trial style events (though there is some sort of "get this average speed" event type in Most Wanted. And the Sega blue skies are gone!

Still, Most Wanted U really impressed me, particularly the quality of the port. Plenty of Wii U specific features abound, the graphics are brilliant, and the credits contain quite the nice surprise that I wouldn't want to spoil here. Plenty of effort's gone in to make a bespoke version of the game for Wii U, and I really appreciated it.

While the open world led to more frustration in events (unlike Burnout Paradise, you're guided to your destination via checkpoints, though the downside of this is you can't find your own route to the goal anymore), being able to cruise about and jump into any car you see as fit is a major boon and shall be the source of my post-credits enjoyment.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2013 - 18:49

Finally bought, is anyone still playing.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2013 - 22:59

I'd be up for playing this online if anyone else is. Don't want to play a random match though because it's too stressful muting each stranger individually, but I'd love to play with fellow forumites. Why didn't Nintendo have a "mute all" function in system settings like Xbox Live has?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2013 - 0:17

I'd play. I did a number of online events and had really good fun, so I'd quite like to revisit it with people I sorta know.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2013 - 0:20

I still want to get this but its finding it at a decent price. (max I'd pay is 30 quid)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2013 - 0:53

Well, here's £29.99 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Need-Speed-Most-Wanted-Nintendo/dp/B00BANHR52/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1372895325&sr=1-3&keywords=need+for+speed+most+wanted

While I do recommend it and pat Criterion Games for the job they did with the Wii U version, I've seen this on 360 for just under a tenner. You need to ask yourself how badly you want it - it's absolutely brilliant on Wii U, but much better than the other, cheaper versions?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2013 - 1:02

Cheers! I've wanted it for a while & it will give me something new to play until pikmin 3 arrives.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2013 - 19:39

Sweet. Let me know when you want to play online.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Jul 2013 - 20:52

I ordered this last night so I'll be able join once it arrives. (should Monday)

EDIT: My copy arrived today.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptySun 7 Jul 2013 - 16:54

Played last night was fun, hopefully do again
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Jul 2013 - 0:11

Aye it was even though I'm not the best its just fun to ram folk off the road, the voice chat is ok too when it isn't cutting out or as ibbsters would say "someone sounds like Cryton" Laughing

The only thing I wish ye could do is put all the audio (game sound & chat) through the gamepad like you can in MH3U.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted   Need For Speed: Most Wanted - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2