GNamer Restaurant's Dish Of The Day: Ravio-li

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on   Thu 20 Nov 2014 - 12:35

A year has passed since the launch of Microsoftís & Sonyís offerings have come out to add to the Wii U in the 8th generation which a year has passed since all three have been on the market together. As someone whoís owned all three.

Iím going to look back at all three systems and where they are going, I would of course like to hear your thoughts on the 8th gen systems.

Wii U:

Xbox One:

PS4:

Final Thoughts:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroJones
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on   Fri 21 Nov 2014 - 19:26

The admin team and I thought that mas's post might be better suited to the GNamer Community forum. (Balladit: Yes, "the admin. team". All one of us who aren't you. Razz )

My only question is this: we voted Pikmin 3 the best game of the Wii U's first year. Why isn't that in the Metacritic Wii U Top Ten?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimbob
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on   Fri 21 Nov 2014 - 21:51

ZeroJones wrote:
My only question is this: we voted Pikmin 3 the best game of the Wii U's first year. Why isn't that in the Metacritic Wii U Top Ten?!

Skylanders appears to have caused a malfunction in MetaCritic - they must have taken a lot of reviews from Dipshit Gamer into consideration.
Having said that, there are a lot of decent games in that top 10; for the purpose of a couple of %s I can see that list being about right. (With Pikmin in, natch)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on   Fri 21 Nov 2014 - 21:55

Ah yes, Dipshit Gamer. †Featuring Vernon Kaye, Phil Fish, that bloke who sent Gabe Newell death threats, and most of the Internet.

To repeat the comment I made in the Wii U news thread, about the Wii U two years on:

I wrote:
I'd probably give it a B- myself. †It has one 9/10 big game so far in my eyes, in MK8 (possibly another in Bayo 2, and I'm aware that I didn't like Pikmin 3 for its genre), and two downloadables. †But the eShop aside, I seem to have fewer games for it at this point in its life than any Nintendo console apart from the N64 (but they were bona fide classics, mostly).

Lots of potential too, at this point, but it'll be interesting to see what remains next year. If we assume that Zelda makes it, along with XCX, that doesn't leave huge amounts. Starfox, I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on   Fri 21 Nov 2014 - 22:17

Pikmin 3 had 87 like Shovel Knight but slightly lower user score of 0.2 point's that it's number a 11 and skylanders is a 83 on PS360 but 79 on PS4 and no Xbox One reviews.

But if we ttok it out of the Top 10 and moved everything up one, I think that's a great 10 games there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroJones
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on   Sat 22 Nov 2014 - 7:55

Ah, Skylanders. My 9-year-old cousin loves it to bits and spent a good portion of my parents' 60th birthday celebration telling me all about the plot of the last one. Meh

In other thoughts, I would have hoped that the Wii U's review breakdown would outstrip that of both of the other consoles. Nintendo have had a year head-start and, although it's better than the One's, the PS4's is probably better. Is that worth a slight concern?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on   Sat 22 Nov 2014 - 9:31

Yes, I'd say it is. Nintendo effectively wasted a year's headstart on the competition. The Wii U could and should have capitalised on the "first of the new gen." thing, and have a healthy lead on both other consoles, both in terms of titles (which they arguably do) and sales (which they definitely don't).

Still, all the launches seem to have been lacklustre this generation. It's just that Sony sold theirs better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on   Sat 22 Nov 2014 - 10:39

What Balla said games wise the Wii U is better but sales why there not great really and that's why at one point people laughed at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
Orne

PostSubject: Re: Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on   Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 13:27

balladeer wrote:
Still, all the launches seem to have been lacklustre this generation. It's just that Sony sold theirs better.

THIS.

It's pretty telling that a year on that some of the folk who bought ps4 on launch aren't happy with their purchase & I can't blame them to be honest as Sony promised all this stuff but didn't fully deliver.

I'm quite glad I waited until a few months ago to buy mine as the wait for the big games coming in 2015 isn't so bad, I just hope those can deliver.

masofdas wrote:
What Balla said games wise the Wii U is better but sales why there not great really and that's why at one point people laughed at it.

I really do hate that mentality of "if everyone isn't buying it then it must be bad" it's the same for other mediums too & it just simply isn't true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on   Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 13:32

Yep it is annoying about the whole if it isn't the main stream they it sucks.

On PS4 I am pleased with mine and the only things we didn't get was DriveClub at launch and had to wait for a year to get a version that didn't work properly and The Order was delayed but what people were saying was great at preview events so sooner it's delayed and is a good game then rushed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
Orne

PostSubject: Re: Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on   Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 13:52

I'm happy with mine also so far but I wasn't just talking about the games on ps4 it's more about certain system features the most recent one being share play where they hype it up to be this massive social game changer that can be used with any game & then it arrives and it's nothing more than a glorified demo session that only works with certain games.

They really did just piggy back off the DRM disaster that Microsoft had but they can't do that for the entire lifespan of the console.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on   Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 14:04

Well next year looks great for the PS4 and this event in December could help a lot but that's only something core gamers will know about and might get dripped back to some of there's friends on social media etc but not casual's like Sony says they want.

It was always going to be a glorified demo as you put it even when they showed it back in Feb 2013 but is annoying that some publishers can decide not to have it work for there games.

Also Microsoft's arrogance like if you can't afford a ONE buy a 360 didn't help them either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
Orne

PostSubject: Re: Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on   Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 14:15

mas wrote:
It was always going to be a glorified demo as you put it even when they showed it back in Feb 2013

That's not how they sold it though and that's my problem with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on   Sun 23 Nov 2014 - 14:42

Pretty sure they said about it being timed but like at E3 2013 when it was announced you had to have plus to play online it was slipped in during a bit when everyone was still clapping that you could play used games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on   Thu 26 Nov 2015 - 11:08

I'm redoing my thoughts etc but for year 2/3 of the 8th generation.

Wii U:

Xbox One:

PS4:

Final Thoughts:

Be interested on everyones thoughts now 2 or 3 years on, will Balla still say B-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on   

Back to top Go down

Opinion Piece: 8th Generation PS4, Wii U, Xbox One year on
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1