We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Mario Maker

Go down 
+14
shanks
Buskalilly
NintenDUCK
Dead Lemon
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
fronkhead
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 0:07

This is looking the business. Here's some analysis of the latest trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0TVMg7Cs3c&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ

I'm loving the flexibility here: changing the theme is far from a visual difference, yet creating levels looks incredibly intuitive and, well, fun. This is the sort of thing that would have gone down incredibly well around Wii U's launch: you can only really make these sorts of levels and this sort of interface with the Wii U GamePads's larger display.

Can't wait. Here's hoping the online elements get it right: I'm sure there'll be (weekly?) downloadable levels from Nintendo themselves as well as templates, but sharing with friends and the world needs to be easy. Mario Kart TV was a nice foray into this so something like that but with added flexibility to sort through options (tags should be a thing) and levels to download would be nice.

How about giving us a website (again, like MKTV) that lets us browse stages on our computer/phone, adding some to a queue which our Wii U then fetches from the internet while it's sleeping?

Nintendo needs to really embrace the community aspect of this as well: run competitions for best level and feature the winners. Don't just leave everyone to their own devices. This deserves to be a big release which everyone should want to get involved in.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 0:12

I hope everything you said happens as I'm not very creative but if I can play some great levels from you guys then all be good.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 7:14

Cannot wait to get my hands on Mario Maker. I feel more at ease now it's been revealed you can design levels for all the 2D Mario games (barring SMB2, although there's still time!) and am well up for designing silly levelettes (levellas?), as well as playing downloadable ones. The New SMB series can, despite its title, sometimes feel stale - what a cracking way to freshen things up. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 7:46

I'm deeply unsure about this. While I'm not going to say that I'm not creative, I don't tend to get much reward out of creating things in a videogame. Still, at least it looks like the levels can be more substantial than as shown in the E3 demo., which was a worry of mine.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 13:17

I too am not big on making things in videogames. On Banjo Nuts and Bolts I primarily spent my time tweaking the blueprint designs rather than getting involved with the entire creation process.

Like masofdas I'm hoping there will be a lot of levels to play already: WarioWare DIY's closed off sharing features stopped me from picking it up as other peoples' works were too closed off for me to try.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 23:18

fronkhead wrote:
How about giving us a website (again, like MKTV) that lets us browse stages on our computer/phone, adding some to a queue which our Wii U then fetches from the internet while it's sleeping?
I've only just realised this moment that MKTV had a website. Duh!

It seems a lot like one of those games I'll definitely get without ever getting really hyped for, I never seem to be the best at creation games but I always enjoy playing what the wider community have to offer. It's easy to compare this to LittleBig Planet (a game which I not so successfully recreated level 1-1 from Super Mario Bros) which I've always enjoyed with it's user made levels but the main criticism is always the platforming so this should be the perfect match.

That video pointed out plenty of things I didn't notice myself, makes me think that there will still be little secrets that everyone finds come launch. My only worry is how difficult it might be to recreate Mario's inch perfect platforming, I can imagine stages made for speed runs will be difficult to make.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyTue 9 Dec 2014 - 7:52

fronkhead wrote:
WarioWare DIY's closed off sharing features stopped me from picking it up as other peoples' works were too closed off for me to try.

Great point: if other people's levels are too hard/impossible to get hold of, the appeal drops like a butt-stomp.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyWed 10 Dec 2014 - 19:55

I think this'll be fine for sharing. WarioWare was a bit different; there was a lot of asset and mechanic-handling. Mario Maker's a bit more regimented; therefore it should be easier to give/get/swap info.

I still worry I'll get bored with it, but I'm dead excited at the moment. I've always wanted to "make my own Marios" since I was a young'n. First step: write the word Poo in bricks.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 0:37

Woohoo! From a Miyamoto interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUkU6O4p7Lw#t=115

Popularity rankings and leaderboards are in, and you'll even be able to watch others play your courses and see how they've fared with it. Great!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyThu 18 Dec 2014 - 16:32

Very good news indeed, oh also that part about Zelda U was really interesting too.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Thu 18 Dec 2014 - 16:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : moving the zelda talk into the correct thread)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 21:20

Here it is: the focal point of Nintendo's E3 Digital Event and of their 2015 release schedule...and we've not posted about it once since 2014. Thumbs Up!

We're all in agreement that this looks superb, am I right? I can't see this being anything but a triumph - it's a sure bet that this'll be another quality Wii U exclusive.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 21:51

Mad keen on this. Every level I've seen made with it has been incredibly inventive. My creations will be served with a generous dose of shoddiness but I am so ready to play those of others. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 21:57

Great-looking game, albeit not necessarily my thing, ruined a little by over-exposure. I do like the amiibo support though - the idea of sending 8-bit Ganondorf to beat Bowser is a nice one.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 22:07

What happens when you scan a Bowser amiibo in to beat Bowser? Confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 22:20

I can't believe that a game that relies on user generated content can be good. I've been burnt 100% of the time and I don't think I'll be picking this up unless there is a substantial reason to play without it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 23:09

Hey, at least (unlike LittleBigPlanet) it doesn't take 3 hours to make something remotely navigable.
I'm gonna spell out the word POO in Mario blocks! After 25 years, my dream is finally coming true!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 23:51

Alongside Starfox this is the one wii U game I'm most excited about, I'll gladly spend hours creating levels and playing everyone else's as well.

andy wrote:
I can't believe that a game that relies on user generated content can be good. I've been burnt 100% of the time and I don't think I'll be picking this up unless there is a substantial reason to play without it.

From the trailer I recently seen there appears to be other modes that haven't been detailed too heavily so I think there should be a decent amount to do other than create/play levels.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyFri 19 Jun 2015 - 10:26

Andyman "Minecraft is rubbish isn't it chaps?" 949.
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyFri 19 Jun 2015 - 20:11

The more I see of this game the more impressed I am.

Though wish they'd add Super Mario Bros 2 (Doki Doki Panic), Lost Levels (from All-Stars) and Mario Land graphic options too. Future DLC perhaps?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptySat 20 Jun 2015 - 0:28

dead lemon wrote:
Though wish they'd add Super Mario Bros 2 (Doki Doki Panic), Lost Levels (from All-Stars) and Mario Land graphic options too. Future DLC perhaps?

That'd be ace (SMB2 especially) and fits in nicely as each Mario game that is in so far have different mechanics to them.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 19:09

The_Jaster wrote:

From the trailer I recently seen there appears to be other modes that haven't been detailed too heavily so I think there should be a decent amount to do other than create/play levels.

What trailer was this? I'm pretty certain that creating, sharing and playing is all there is to it. But the sheer scope of things you can make and do and the ease with which you can do it have me very hyped for this game. YOU CAN STACK BOWSERS. Ahem, yea. Hyped for this.

Dead Lemon wrote:

I reckon if this does well they might want to serialize it instead of making DLC, releasing a Mario Maker 2 on the NX (which means the gamepad may have to stick around  Rolling Eyes) with a selection of other Mario games and some extra features seems like a good move.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 19:18

Duck o'Death wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

What trailer was this? I'm pretty certain that creating, sharing and playing is all there is to it. But the sheer scope of things you can make and do and the ease with which you can do it have me very hyped for this game. YOU CAN STACK BOWSERS. Ahem, yea. Hyped for this.

This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k5OMTYGdTs (There's a mode called 100 Mario challenge at 1:31)

Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyWed 24 Jun 2015 - 20:18

Oh, I stand corrected.
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyThu 25 Jun 2015 - 0:49

SMB2/US/Land DLC for this. Then Mario 3D Maker for NX. Make your own Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy 3D levels.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 22:32

100 levels included on disc! I hope Nintendo has collated them into a mode, otherwise it'll feel a bit aimless playing them one-by-one from a list. That's fine actually, just needs some sort of stat tracking on levels you do play so you get a feel of progress or completion.

I'm really looking forward to this. It's the most ambitious 2D Mario since World, as you can throw shells vertically again! And do all sorts of crazy things by mixing up enemies with warp pipes and item boxes. I also like how the physics change depending on which game theme you're using, something tells me this game became more ambitious between last year and this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Super Mario Maker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Maker   Super Mario Maker Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Mario Maker
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next