We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best Year in Gaming Returns

Go down 
+7
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Gogoata
The_Jaster
Balladeer
Jimbob
masofdas
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Best Year in Gaming Returns  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Year in Gaming Returns    Best Year in Gaming Returns  - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2016 - 17:20

You guys keep bring it up all I said to start this off was 2015 has been and gone let's look forward to this year and all the great games coming and the stuff coming like VR & NX.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Best Year in Gaming Returns    Best Year in Gaming Returns  - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2016 - 17:25

No dude you posted this yesterday.  Laughing  

masofdas wrote:
Was 2015 good or bad we've talked about it a few times be it here or random, looking back the year was decent I still feel there was no utterly standout game along with some disappointing ones to boot.

But it's time to look forward to this year which the PS4 & Xbox One should be coming into their stride along with VR hitting the market & maybe a New Nintendo System.

As always I've done my 10 most anticipated games in 4 lot's with Xbox, Nintendo, PlayStation and Multi-Format some of these as you may of guessed were done before delays.

Are you all excited for 2016?

It's fine if you think 2015 wasn't that good but when you say things like "no utterly stand out game" you can't expect people not to question it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best Year in Gaming Returns    Best Year in Gaming Returns  - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2016 - 17:28

I also said decent as well and it made sense to say something about 2015 before trying to move the talk on to 2016.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Best Year in Gaming Returns    Best Year in Gaming Returns  - Page 3 EmptyWed 27 Jan 2016 - 22:12

My 2015 take? The games on both Nintendo consoles were of inconsistent quality: for every Splatoon there was a Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush. It was a year of hibernation, almost, for the big N. However, my favourite games on both consoles were some pretty creative risks (Splatoon, Super Mario Maker, Code Name S.T.E.A.M., Tri Force Heroes) that paid off handsomely. These give me hope for a better 2016.

Other formats may vary. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best Year in Gaming Returns    Best Year in Gaming Returns  - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Oct 2017 - 18:22

With Nintendo likely having the Number 1 & 2 GOTY 2017 and you could argue either could be the best game ever as well.

Looking at this moment on Metacritic 195 games have scored a 8+ (some listed more then once plus remasters) including critical hits such as Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, What Remains of Edith Finch, Horizon Zero Dawn, Cuphead, Injustice 2, NieR Automata, Nioh, Sonic Mania.

Some of things like FIFA will always get a decent score along with always being there every year, which is why I've highlighted more of the exclusives, new IPS and indies as those really make a year standout.

Could 2017 be one of the best years in gaming? Which also includes a New Nintendo Console, enhanced 2DS and Xbox One.

Even though I've not played all the top games and not clicked with me, I can see why anyone would say 2017 (maybe the best in the 10's) is the best year for gaming.

But myself I think I'll stick to 2007 which we got a new console from Sony and enhanced Xbox 360 along with these games Dirt, Res Evil 4 Wii, Bioshock, Heavenly Sword, Eternal Sonata, Halo 3, PGR4, Folklore, Portal, Team Fortress 2, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Super Mario Galaxy.

Also things like Persona 3 which I'm still yet to play.

Can 2018 top 2017? It has to for Microsoft, I think Sony will have a better first party 2018 then 2017 but not sure if anything from 2nd parties will top Persona 5 and the big B well that's a question for somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Best Year in Gaming Returns    Best Year in Gaming Returns  - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Oct 2017 - 22:49

Dunno about 2018, but, yeah, mas, I think 2017 is a contender for a new champion. Most misfiring big titles were just mildly disappointing, and many things have been better than we could have possibly hoped.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Best Year in Gaming Returns    Best Year in Gaming Returns  - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Oct 2017 - 14:03

I'm no multiplat gamer, but yes - 2017 is a great contender for that title.  And that's just considering SMO and BotW: never mind Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, or Xenoblade 2, or the somewhat quirkier Switch titles I didn't get on with, or the indies I did, or a practically new 2D Metroid.  Or other formats!

The only thing that worries me is that we'll get a lot of twerps complaining that 2018 isn't as good (for Nintendo) as 2017 was, even though that's practically impossible. They'll be complaining that we had all those games in 2017, which sets a precedent, so they should get Metroid Prime 4 and Pokémon Handheld/Home Console and Mother 4: Father and Advance Wars: Tactical Switch and Shenmue 3.5 (and every third-party game ever) or Nintendo is doooooomed.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Best Year in Gaming Returns    Best Year in Gaming Returns  - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Oct 2017 - 19:24

Have you learned nothing from your time on the Internet, Ballachu? Nintendo is always doooooomed. Duh!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Best Year in Gaming Returns    Best Year in Gaming Returns  - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Oct 2017 - 11:26

We're all doomed. Oblivion is inevitable. Everything we do is just a pointless exercise to extend our time circling the drain.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Best Year in Gaming Returns    Best Year in Gaming Returns  - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Oct 2017 - 15:11

But Nintendo makes circling the drain so fun!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Best Year in Gaming Returns    Best Year in Gaming Returns  - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Oct 2017 - 16:29

tru dat
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Year in Gaming Returns    Best Year in Gaming Returns  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Year in Gaming Returns
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3